[Build Log - Finished] Corsair Crystal 570X Watercooled Build

tikker

Hey man! This is probably one of the most gorgeous builds I have ever seen! I am actually planning on building the exact same thing as you have. So I was wondering if you could help me out. I see you have listed the amount of fittings you have used which is a huge help for me. But can you help out with the tubes as well? Both the different lengths you have used but also the amount. At the end I will just thank you for sharing this build with the rest of us 

3 hours ago, Qaz_thedane said:

Hey man! This is probably one of the most gorgeous builds I have ever seen! I am actually planning on building the exact same thing as you have. So I was wondering if you could help me out. I see you have listed the amount of fittings you have used which is a huge help for me. But can you help out with the tubes as well? Both the different lengths you have used but also the amount. At the end I will just thank you for sharing this build with the rest of us 

Thanks! The fittings I planned beforehand, but the tubing I did as I went. I never planned out any exact measurements. First see how far the tube goes into a fitting and then measure and cut each tube on the spot. I just bought 2 meters of tubing so that I wouldn't run out and had room for error (i.e. recutting).

I can't give you any exact measurements, just do it on the spot :) 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Looks great! How do you install the pump? Any issue with the cases?

Ah okay thanks. Are you able to link the different fittings you have used if it isn't to much trouble for as it would help me greatly.

3 hours ago, Mostey said:

Looks great! How do you install the pump? Any issue with the cases?

I installed the pump through some existing slits on the bottom of the case. Nuts and bolts weren't included, so I sourced some (M4 I believe) from a hardware store to fasten it.

Just now, Qaz_thedane said:

Ah okay thanks. Are you able to link the different fittings you have used if it isn't to much trouble for as it would help me greatly.

All the fittings I used are the Deluxe White series from Bitspower for 12mm OD tubing. For the "bends" in tubing I used 90 degree adapters, while for the bends from blocks and radiator I used 90 degree rotary fittings. The rest is straight, caps and a drain valve.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Really nice build man, looks awesome! 

Freelance Photographer & Videographer// VR Enthusiast // Purple Reign  - 7700K @5Ghz, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Asus Strix 1070, Corsair Dominator Platinum LE (chrome) 32GB RAM, Corsair 450D, Corsair H115i AIO, Corsair AX860i, Corsair Maglev fans, Samsung 850 500GB SSD, Corsair Metallic Graphite cables, MNPCtech Aluminium cable combs.  

Usually it is consisted to bad practice to use fittings instead of bending the tube itself. Have you experienced any problems with your build so far?

14 hours ago, Qaz_thedane said:

Usually it is consisted to bad practice to use fittings instead of bending the tube itself. Have you experienced any problems with your build so far?

I liked the look of having fittings instead of bends here. I haven't had any problems.

On 15/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, tikker said:

I liked the look of having fittings instead of bends here. I haven't had any problems.

Okay good. I feel the same way. I personally also prefer the fittings over bends. But I have never done it before. Therefore I have been trying to find out if it will work. So again thanks for all the knowledge sharing you have provided me with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-11-14 at 5:00 PM, Qaz_thedane said:

Way? Most glass tubing builds use fittings for bends, it's not frowned upon.  It is however prohibitively expensive 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 hours ago, Damascus said:

Way? Most glass tubing builds use tubing for bends, it's not frowned upon.  It is however prohibitively expensive 

I know it is not frowned. But you are adding more points where you generally would expect leaks to occur. 

19 hours ago, Qaz_thedane said:

What fitting did you use between the cube and the ball valve? 

The valve is connected to the cube with a 90 degree rotary adapter with femal threading (is that a term?) on the other end. Then the valve is connected through a piece with male threading on both ends.

5 hours ago, Qaz_thedane said:

I know it is not frowned. But you are adding more points where you generally would expect leaks to occur. 

It just adds additional points of potential failure, but bending takes some practise before you can get it perfect as well. If you're a perfectionist like me it will take a lot of tubing and tries before it goes into the case (I'm not even completely happy with the tubing runs now) :P 

14 hours ago, Damascus said:

Way? Most glass tubing builds use tubing for bends, it's not frowned upon.  It is however prohibitively expensive 

You mean fittings right? ^_^

1 minute ago, tikker said:

xD whoops

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

The valve is connected to the cube with a 90 degree rotary adapter with femal threading (is that a term?) on the other end. Then the valve is connected through a piece with male threading on both ends.

It just adds additional points of potential failure, but bending takes some practise before you can get it perfect as well. If you're a perfectionist like me it will take a lot of tubing and tries before it goes into the case (I'm not even completely happy with the tubing runs now) :P 

Yeah, that is the name. But goddamn, I forgot to buy one :D Bollocks :( 

• 2 weeks later...

So how did you mount the pump/res combo to the case? I know there is the mounting holes at the bottom of the case, but screws? I have kinda lost track of all the screws so far and can't seem to find the correct ones o.O

15 hours ago, Qaz_thedane said:

So how did you mount the pump/res combo to the case? I know there is the mounting holes at the bottom of the case, but screws? I have kinda lost track of all the screws so far and can't seem to find the correct ones o.O

Yeah I used the slits near the front. I used only three though. They are either M3 or M4.

4 minutes ago, tikker said:

Yeah I used the slits near the front. I used only three though. They are either M3 or M4.

Do they come along? And do you simply screw them into the slits near the front or use a nut on the other side?

37 minutes ago, Qaz_thedane said:

Do they come along? And do you simply screw them into the slits near the front or use a nut on the other side?

They don't, and yes I used a nut and bolt, not a screw.

20 minutes ago, tikker said:

They don't, and yes I used a nut and bolt, not a screw.

Then I better understand I can't find them if they are not included :D 

20 hours ago, Qaz_thedane said:

Do you have any advice to measure the length of tube I have to cut? :) 

Figure out how much tubing is eaten by the fittings, screw them in and then just measure the length of your run, that's what I did.

• 3 weeks later...

How are you enjoying that board> I am considering it vs the z370 version.

Storm Enforcer 2.0

CPU: I7 Intel 8700k / GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ / Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-H Gaming / Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200/ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB + WD Blue 1TB / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w G3 / Cooling:  Noctua NH‑D15S / Case: Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced

7 minutes ago, Grimfrost769 said:

How are you enjoying that board> I am considering it vs the z370 version.

I think it's a nice board. It does the job and I like it's aesthethics, not much else to say about it :P