[[Stupid question] Asus does not sell screws to motherboards... Any way of getting specific Mobo screws? RMA it?

Hey guys, so I have an ASus mobo and I put a waterblock on it that cools the entire mobo basically. I managed to misplace a screw or two and I have no idea where to find them. 

What would happen if I RMA'd it. Would they just send it back? 

Edit: I should specify, The screws that hold shrouds and heatsinks on the mobo itself. 

1 minute ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Hey guys, so I have an ASus mobo and I put a waterblock on it that cools the entire mobo basically. I managed to misplace a screw or two and I have no idea where to find them. 

What would happen if I RMA'd it. Would they just send it back? 

i belive they do include screws to mobos

1 minute ago, Anassagora69 said:

i belive they do include screws to mobos

I mean the screws on the shrouds and heatsinks and whatnot on the Mobo. not screws to screw into the case. 

I mean the screws on the shrouds and heatsinks and whatnot on the Mobo. not screws to screw into the case. 

Ahh then i can't help you, sorry.

find out what size they are by taking them to a hardware store and match them. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

Have you tried contacting them specifically (and not giving them your part numbers) and asking. 

I asked them. and I believe they presumed case screws. 

I asked them. and I believe they presumed case screws. 

lol try again with a different fake name and tell them which screws. The amount of hassle I have given customer services of many companies is insane xD

edit. nevermind. You might be able to find a tear down on it and see what screws are used.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I suggest just going to a hardware store or friends house who has a box of pc screws and playing snap, you can then take the screws to a store (any hardware/electronics store and ask for more of this screw and hand it to them

2 minutes ago, kris2340k said:

I suggest just going to a hardware store or friends house who has a box of pc screws and playing snap, you can then take the screws to a store (any hardware/electronics store and ask for more of this screw and hand it to them

I was thinking that but they're tiny ass screws. like a millimeter in thickness and <1.5 cm in length. They use an hex screw, so hopefully its some kind of available standard screw..... maybe... 

2 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

I was thinking that but they're tiny ass screws. like a millimeter in thickness and <1.5 cm in length. They use an hex screw, so hopefully its some kind of available standard screw..... maybe... 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=motherboard+heatsink+screws&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsmall+hex+screws.TRS0&_nkw=small+hex+screws&_sacat=0

shit meant allen screw. not hex... but I guess I have to take my mobo out and unscrew one to see the size. 

2 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

shit meant allen screw. not hex... but I guess I have to take my mobo out and unscrew one to see the size. 

Allen keys are screw keys?

Edit F*** allen keys work in hex screws

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

Allen keys are screw keys?

Edit F*** allen keys work in hex screws

Oh I didnt know. the results from your link showed different ones on my screen so I assumed different. oops. (saw the external shape. not the internal hex shape)

PT_10747.jpg

You mean hex bolts?

damn I would not expect those on a motherboard

Just really tiny allen screws that hold down the heatsinks and shrouds and whatnot. 

Just really tiny allen screws that hold down the heatsinks and shrouds and whatnot. 

I have no idea what allen screws are, can you match it to that pic or send a pic?

I have no idea what allen screws are, can you match it to that pic or send a pic?

I apologize for my poor vocabulary. Bleh english lol. 

I looked on google and it says "internal hex screw" 

4 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

I apologize for my poor vocabulary. Bleh english lol. 

I looked on google and it says "internal hex screw" 

Well cant find any on ebay but just check your local stores. im sure they will let you borrow a calliper (accurate ruler) and measure the thread diameter (which you can find tables online to convert to screw size)

ive done the same (lose the HS mount screws ROG Hero7) and ended up buying a dead mobo on ebay and reused the HS from the dead mobo for my good mobo.

you'll spend gobs of time trying to find those specific screws.

usually, the ones on the HS are a M2 countersink (due to the metal VRM plate on the back) about 2mm long.

to RMA, as long as they are doing the same job as the ones that were lost, shouldn't be a major concern.

ASUS replaced my MIVE-Z after having the VRM blocks installed.