Which of these would be the best?

As time goes on and I get closer to getting money for a gaming laptop (don't have space in my home for a desktop and waiting for Ryzen and al lthe new stuff before building anyways) I'm curious as to what the best laptop for around $2000 is. After looking around and seeing peoples responses and reviews I want to get a final nail in the coffin verdict to help ensure I buy what I know will be the best bang for my buck and most reliable. I'm in the US btw. I don't care much about portability or battery life since I'll always have it plugged in really and I mostly will just be bringing it to school for a few hours and back maybe.

These are the laptops I've seen get some praise.

http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-p670hs-g-custom-built-gaming-laptop-w-nvidia-gtx-1070-w-g-sync.html

http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-p650hs-g-15-6-custom-built-gaming-laptop-w-nvidia-gtx-1070-w-g-sync.html

http://www.hidevolution.com/msi-gt72vr-7re-dominator-pro-450-custom-built-gaming-laptop.html

http://www.hidevolution.com/msi-gt72vr-7re-dominator-pro-448-custom-built-gaming-laptop.html

http://www.hidevolution.com/msi-gt73vr-6re-titan-017.html

http://www.hidevolution.com/asus-gl702vs-ds74.html

Which one would you guys recommend and if there's anything I should do in configuring it/any special requests or sites I should use to help get me the best that I can get at a around $2000 price range.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

I'm in the US btw.

Which one would you guys recommend and if there's anything I should do in configuring it/any special requests or sites I should use to help get me the best that I can get at a around $2000 price range.

Buying a laptop with the higher cards to maximize performance is pretty bleh and they're outdated fairly quickly. I'd get something with more lasting benefits like the Alienware 13" OLED edition (it's about $2k) since that particular feature won't wear off as quickly as everything else. Yeah it's Alienware and pricy but I think their price to quality ratio isn't bad on that one.

If you're going for maximum performance and minimal bells and whistles, it's really hard to say since they're usually all claiming they've won laptop of the year. I'd personally pick an Eon-17x for quality or the MSI for price and benefits, since MSI rewards would probably net you some goodies on their site in addition to whatever it comes with.

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

Buying a laptop with the higher cards to maximize performance is pretty bleh and they're outdated fairly quickly. I'd get something with more lasting benefits like the Alienware 13" OLED edition (it's about $2k) since that particular feature won't wear off as quickly as everything else. Yeah it's Alienware and pricy but I think their price to quality ratio isn't bad on that one.

If you're going for maximum performance and minimal bells and whistles, it's really hard to say since they're usually all claiming they've won laptop of the year. I'd personally pick an Eon-17x for quality or the MSI for price and benefits, since MSI rewards would probably net you some goodies on their site in addition to whatever it comes with.

Alienware has gone downhill ever since they let Dell take over everything and Eon is super expensive and over priced ;L

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

I personally really like the rog line of gaming laptops. 

I do like Asus and the ROG line but apparently they've had issues with thermals, QC, and things like that.

1 minute ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

I do like Asus and the ROG line but apparently they've had issues with thermals, QC, and things like that.

yeah i only heard that about there thinner models. you try and put a 1070 in a slim form factor its doesn't tend to work well. the larger full sided gaming laptops i hadn't heard anything about thermal issues. 

id probably go for the cheapest of the msi laptops out of those options mostly because i really like the looks of it and i haven't heard of the other brand of laptop before and would have to look up reviews of it before considering it.

44 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

Alienware has gone downhill ever since they let Dell take over everything and Eon is super expensive and over priced ;L

It's your money if you want to stay with those old ideas. :)

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

It's not really old ideas. I've seen the new alien wares. I'm not very impressed ;L

4 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

What are you even saying...I mean fuck it, just buy an XPS13 for gaming at this point. Infinity screen. 

4 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

Eon-17x ARE CLEVOS. It's the P775DM3. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. 

4 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

yeah i only heard that about there thinner models. you try and put a 1070 in a slim form factor its doesn't tend to work well. the larger full sided gaming laptops i hadn't heard anything about thermal issues. 

Their slim ones are overheating throttling messes. Their full G752 are uncompetitive against the MSI GT73VR or Clevos. They TDP locked everything on their laptops and in a huge form factor don't provide socketed hardware. 

3 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

Your ideas are wrong.

@AdmiralMeowmix http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,384,0)TornadoF5

You forgot the MSI 16L13. Has a full desktop processor. You'll want to ask for a custom quote without ram, storage, and wlan card. Source those yourself and get a windows key yourself. Apply the 10% student discount they offer and you're right below 2k with the best performing 15in laptop. 

MSI ones are fine. You can essentially ignore the Asus one. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

5 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

@AdmiralMeowmix http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,384,0)TornadoF5

You forgot the MSI 16L13. Has a full desktop processor. You'll want to ask for a custom quote without ram, storage, and wlan card. Source those yourself and get a windows key yourself. Apply the 10% student discount they offer and you're right below 2k with the best performing 15in laptop. 

MSI ones are fine. You can essentially ignore the Asus one. 

If I may ask why source the wlan card myself? Also what is the screen like I know MSI boasts about having good screens on other laptops but I dunno if they do on this model.

WHat kind of RAM and storage would you suggest as well?

25 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

If I may ask why source the wlan card myself? Also what is the screen like I know MSI boasts about having good screens on other laptops but I dunno if they do on this model.

Its just cheaper. You get 10 bucks off for removing the stock one. They charge 50 for the Intel 8625. It costs like 30 bucks to buy it yourself. But the difference isn't large. You can also just get it on the configurator as well. I noticed they also dropped the ram price on their configurator to competitive levels so you can buy ram off the config right now. I'd get the 2x8gb CL16 Gskill 3000 one. 

They still overprice storage so get that yourself. I still use 850 evos for my boot drive and i keep the 1tb 7200rpm drive that comes with the laptop for storage. 

Laptop Main

2 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Its just cheaper. You get 10 bucks off for removing the stock one. They charge 50 for the Intel 8625. It costs like 30 bucks to buy it yourself. But the difference isn't large. You can also just get it on the configurator as well. I noticed they also dropped the ram price on their configurator to competitive levels so you can buy ram off the config right now. I'd get the 2x8gb CL16 Gskill 3000 one. 

They still overprice storage so get that yourself. I still use 850 evos for my boot drive and i keep the 1tb 7200rpm drive that comes with the laptop for storage. 

Alright cool cool I'll be getting my financial aid here in March so I'll have to remember al lthis when it comes around. Thanks for the advice ^^

56 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

You're wrong because I say so and wah wah wah.

FTFY. I forget there are kids on these forums sometimes.

22 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

FTFY. I forget there are kids on these forums sometimes.

ikr, can't help that some of them can't read or investigate and then give bad advice. shit. 

Laptop Main

51 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

snip

Oh also do you know if it'd be possible to request Eurocom to delid the CPU and all that process? I wouldn't want to do that myself as wel lI've never done it before and don't have faith in myself that I wont mess something up aha I just hear a lot that delidded CPU's perform a lot better.

16 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

Oh also do you know if it'd be possible to request Eurocom to delid the CPU and all that process? I wouldn't want to do that myself as wel lI've never done it before and don't have faith in myself that I wont mess something up aha I just hear a lot that delidded CPU's perform a lot better.

All this falls under a custom request. You'll have to talk to customer support. They perform better cause they changed out the crap between the die and ihs with liquid metal. Delidding isn't that bad. You can buy a delid tool and those are super easy to use. But if you want Eurocom to do it, you'll have to ask. This is only if you go with the MSI 16L13. The P650HS and GT72VR don't have desktop CPUs and can't be delidded. 

Laptop Main

1 minute ago, Pendragon said:

All this falls under a custom request. You'll have to talk to customer support. They perform better cause they changed out the crap between the die and ihs with liquid metal. Delidding isn't that bad. You can buy a delid tool and those are super easy to use. But if you want Eurocom to do it, you'll have to ask.

Alright I was just curious if it WAS possible to ask them to do it. I don't wanna take the whole laptop apart to do it esp if it ends up voiding any warrenties cuz 2k is a LOT of money aha

1 minute ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

Alright I was just curious if it WAS possible to ask them to do it. I don't wanna take the whole laptop apart to do it esp if it ends up voiding any warrenties cuz 2k is a LOT of money aha

You don't. MSI and Clevo aren't like Alienware LOL. 

It's super easy to take apart. And warranty is solid. As long as you don't break anything, you can do any/mods to it like liquid metal and stuff. Since you're in the US, you can ask if HIDEvolution sources the MSI 16L13 1070 edition. Currently they ONLY carry the 1080 edition and properly specced brings it to like 3k or something really high. Eurocom is cheaper comparatively. But feel free to call HID to see if they source the 1070 edition. (In reality, it's just a MXM GPU so by source I mean if they're willing to swap the 1080 out for a 1070). 

Laptop Main

You don't. MSI and Clevo aren't like Alienware LOL. 

It's super easy to take apart. And warranty is solid. As long as you don't break anything, you can do any/mods to it like liquid metal and stuff. Since you're in the US, you can ask if HIDEvolution sources the MSI 16L13 1070 edition. Currently they ONLY carry the 1080 edition and properly specced brings it to like 3k or something really high. Eurocom is cheaper comparatively. But feel free to call HID to see if they source the 1070 edition. (In reality, it's just a MXM GPU so by source I mean if they're willing to swap the 1080 out for a 1070). 

Alright and HID delid their CPU's be default too am I correct?

I'll definitly check that out and see HID's offering when it comes time to buy it.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

Alright and HID delid their CPU's be default too am I correct?

Yes they delid and liquid metal all their desktop CPUS in their laptops by default. Downside is they are generally more expensive than any other retailer. You pay about 100-200 extra depending on the model of laptop and in return you get delid, liquid metal, best selection of parts, best customer service. So yes, they charge more. If you want a cheaper Clevo or MSI 16, look towards XoticPC and Eurocom. 

XoticPC is becoming a Prema Partner soon so they currently have the lowest P650HS prices I believe. 

Laptop Main

Yes they delid and liquid metal all their desktop CPUS in their laptops by default. Downside is they are generally more expensive than any other retailer. You pay about 100-200 extra depending on the model of laptop and in return you get delid, liquid metal, best selection of parts, best customer service. So yes, they charge more. If you want a cheaper Clevo or MSI 16, look towards XoticPC and Eurocom. 

XoticPC is becoming a Prema Partner soon so they currently have the lowest P650HS prices I believe. 

I've looked at Xotic PC and they seem really good in they discount their laptops by 3% and generally offer more specials than any other site. Depending on how much aid I get exactly (it SHOULD be around $2500 if not more) I'll consider spending the extra cash to get the best quality service if I don't get as much as I'm expecting I'll definitly check out eurocom and xoticpc when the time comes.

Again thanks so much for the help and information!

On 2/3/2017 at 9:04 PM, Pendragon said:

snip

alrighty so I messaged HID and they statd they don't offer it with a 1070 but did reccomend me this one: http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-clevo-p750dm2-g-custom-built-gaming-desktop-replacement-laptop.html

And wouldlike to know if it's good enough as well. We might have discussed this one before But my memory is absolute garbage.

58 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

alrighty so I messaged HID and they statd they don't offer it with a 1070 but did reccomend me this one: http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-clevo-p750dm2-g-custom-built-gaming-desktop-replacement-laptop.html

What don't they offer with the 1070? Oh the MSI 16L13? Get it from Eurocom then. The P750DM2 at the end of the day should perform better cause of Prema vBios but I really dislike the keyboard and it's quality of life aspects like speakers and trackpad. It's fine but idk why their P650HS or P670HS keyboards are so much better.

Laptop Main

12 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

What don't they offer with the 1070? Oh the MSI 16L13? Get it from Eurocom then. The P750DM2 at the end of the day should perform better cause of Prema vBios but I really dislike the keyboard and it's quality of life aspects like speakers and trackpad. It's fine but idk why their P650HS or P670HS keyboards are so much better.

I don't think I'll mind the keyboard too much since I'm so used to this old Acer one unless the keyboard feels like plastic or input delay or whatever. I don't care about speakers since I use $150 headphones all the time and I NEVER us a trackpad unless I have to or want very small micro adjustments in something.

With that is mind would the P750 be better in performance and screen quality?

(Also a side note: Eurocom really needs to hire a professional website builder their current layout is old.)