[Worklog] Prism - Thermaltake View 27

50mm

r4bRCnb.png

New Year, New Project!
Kindly supported by Thermaltake Germany and G.Skill, big thanks to you guys :)

My goal for this project is to create a clean and nice looking build featuring fancy RGB lighting using the Tt parts and ASUS Aura.

CPU and GPU will be liquid cooled with the new black coolant from Tt.

I'll drop a little list what we're going to use in this build:

Case:

ThermalTake View 27

Hardware:

Intel i7 6700k
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GTX 1080 FE
Tt Toughpower DPS G RGB 650W Gold

Other:

MDPC-X Sleeve

CNC milled parts by Gosumodz

Watercooling:

All Thermaltake!

Before we start, some hardware shots! :) 

To keep this post clean, i'll post the full album here including future updates: https://imgur.com/a/QtKVh

KhUBDtC.jpg

asehJIf.jpg

OvxmrvG.jpg

j6meMer.jpg

RtqAjiN.jpg

You can find more photos in the imgur album posted above.

After creating the Prism Logo used in the banner on top in CAD i asked my friend John from Gosumodz to make it "real" :P 

YQXxYqk.jpg

YgT5Xfl.jpg

I love CNC milled alumnium :x So i created a mounting plate for the res/pump combo, too. It also has integrated cable combs.

LszWez2.jpg

tiAiDkg.jpg

The first update will contain some case wrapping and the "mounting of the mounting plate", stay tuned :)

cheers!

Those are some VERY NICE pictures! Great camera work, followed.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, 50mm said:

wow, i'm like 24/7 on the interweb and i had to google that.. shame on me

MORE SEVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

4 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

MORE SEVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i7 7700k on a Z270 motherboard with 7GB of ram and an Radeon HD 7770.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

nice work , will need more pictures asap

Details separate people.

15 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

i7 7700k on a Z270 motherboard with 7GB of ram and an Radeon HD 7770.

and 777GB HDD with a 7TB SSD RAID 7 array

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, it's time for the first update! :)

As i told you last time, i was going to wrap the case. The foil i used is the 3M 1080-M261 Matte Dark Grey, this one is usually used for cars but i just love the look of it.

I made a little photo story of the window side panel to show you how i applied it.

XOK77kW.jpg

First step was to take off the window, which is secured by screws..

AAWcnzz.jpg

..and these little pins which i needed to bend.

pADBmor.jpg

RNwwxW0.jpg

A closer look at the foil:

EeMvT5y.jpg

I really love the metallic effect on this one.

When applying the foil i use a heat gun and always start with a big flat surface. 

3AXwz8t.jpg

Then i proceed with the rest and cut off everything that stands off to much.

This foil is really easy to use, even if it crinkles you can just pull it off, stretch it and put it on again, you won't see anything later.

mB0FayD.jpg

Next step are the edges, this is were i mainly use the heatgun. The foil is really thick but when you heat it up it gets even more flexible so you can stretch it around the edges.

NB7XcIf.jpg

VLsDiqF.jpg

M596XcY.jpg

That's it! Now i only had to put the window back in. If you do this be careful to not push the window in too hard since it can pull off the foil.

I'm really happy with the result.

yckZ8a6.jpg

lqMLTXw.jpg

The other parts were done the same way, i just took photos of this one since it's hard to apply a foil and take photos of it at the same time. :D

Next part of this update is the mounting plate. The purpose of it is to make the inside of the case look cleaner and add some cable management with the integrated cable combs. First i needed to drill some wholes.

fjdb7pn.jpg

As you can see i used these spacers to create a little gap between case and mounting plate.

Nv6Ntny.jpg

TRrraTV.jpg

qrPfUwP.jpg

After installing i took the reservoir/pump and radiator to make a quick test fit and to see how it looks.

1ZpuIMX.jpg

(The red sticker on the pump got peeled off, don't worry ;) )

Vaexkf2.jpg

KuSMLpR.jpg

eXQuo2K.jpg

I like it!

Tell me what you think :)

Cheers!

19 hours ago, 50mm said:

Tell me what you think

instant need to follow :D 

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

• 4 weeks later...

Update time! :D

This time: Watercooling B|

Sorry for the delay but we had some trouble during the last weeks, i will explain later in this update.

Let's just start with the CPU block.

s1m8sug.jpg

XHpcKLl.jpg

This block looks so simple, i really start loving it. The easy visible microchannels inside the block, the screws in the bottom.. :x

Even after installing so many coolers i still have no clue if it's enough or not, but as long as the temps are good, i'm fine! :D 

DVf6D3w.jpg

xmOMpSY.jpg

Sexy! 
Now get this 1080 prepared..

tMxharO.jpg

95n4wY8.jpg

GNx9zCI.jpg

SfzQDJq.jpg

Vertically mounted to show off this boi B|

Ok, let's talk about the trouble we had. Since we tested the hardware before installing the waterblocks we put everything on the motherboard box. 
No issues so far. But then it happened and we spilled some liquid over it, while it was running. Nothing happened but we instantly pulled the cord.

From the I/O ports to the first PCIe slots the motherboard was full of liquid, and i'm not talking about coolant, i'm talking about softdrink... yep.
Tbh it wasn't me, but that didn't matter now. So i took off everything, GPU, CPU, RAM and even the heatsinks of the motherboard.

(The following pics we're made after i cleaned and tested the motherboard, couldn't waste a second to take photos. That's why the waterblock is already installed.

Also it's only Isopropanol on the motherboard, don't worry)

YfkvU7R.jpg

Take the pic above and imagine there was 50 times more liquid on the board :D 

First step was to take a big bowl, Isopropanol and a nylon brush. This gets everything clean and evaporates after a few minutes.

v0zKIpt.jpg

Why did it take so long? Well, the biggest problem were the heatsinks. They're hold in position with spring rivets and i wasn't able to push these back through the wholes without damaging the board, so i just cut them off to clean the board asap.

BWfmcV6.jpg

The next problem was the TIM. I know these are sticky, but they were even more sticky because of the sugar. Unfortunately i ran out of pads so i had to order new ones.

z0ByYrB.jpg

Didn't think these spring rivets were that hard to find, but i found them. And after a week they finally arrived.

o9MvpQZ.jpg

MxoPlYp.jpg

SJt57bU.jpg

I'm really amazed what these boards can handle. Not even afraid of a watercooling leaks anymore :D 

If you wonder, i tested the motherboard already before i ordered the new TIM and spring rivets, but not with the I7-6700k.

I ordered a cheap Celeron ;)

2Alcjec.jpg

This one will also come in handy for another little future project :) 

Well, i hope this will never happen to any of you, but if it does, stay positive. 

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Another Update, this time: Cables :) 

I got a really good response on my german worklogs, so i hope you love these cables as well! :D 

0FBfrZZ.jpg

keFxpeO.jpg

I0V7ASb.jpg

cnU4afy.jpg

DLoZfL3.jpg

At first i wasn't sure if it really looks that cool but now i'm really happy with the result :)

Of course i also sleeved pump and SATA cables.

gfWCcOv.jpg

A1XKtwj.jpg

Going to prepare the loop now and hopefully release the next update next week :)

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Hi guys, the loop is now finally finished, check it out :)

My plan was to not use any bends, so i started with the tubes that went straight from one part to ne next one. With thicker PETG tubes the cutting tool works great, you don't even need to chamfer the edges. When using 12/10mm PETG i had to use a saw since the cutter just pressed the tube together before cutting it.

bOdI5xB.jpg

nQDmNj1.jpg

Having some of these 45°/90° Rotary Fittings turned out pretty useful, you can use them as fill or drainport or just open them to let air into the loop when draining the system.

bCdOjHS.jpg

cb6fjhQ.jpg

PzPaXHn.jpg

iMEPmzM.jpg

HRQfBsD.jpg

To this point i have only used fittings, unfortunately i ran out of fittings so i had to bend..

MqrbbLq.jpg

8d0WWoN.jpg

But you won't really see these bends later, so that's fine. 

For leaktesting i bought the Dr. Drop from Aquacomputer, great tool!

K9pcVmk.jpg

Just to be careful i did a second leaktest but this time with water.

7L13ZNs.jpg

Looks like it's ready for the final filling.. soon :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Normally you should find pics of the filled loop here but unfortunately i had a little accident. When i was preparing the camera for the photos i suddenly got a bluescreen. No problem, i thought til i saw water on the inside of the window. I instantly pulled the cables and took everything apart. The loop developed so much pressure that the tube at the back radiator intake got pushed out spilling water all over the hardware. Good thing it didn't take any damage. The water and fittings were extremely hot which might explain the high pressure inside the loop. 

I talked to Thermaltake and they sent me another package. I swapped out the push in fittings with compression ones and the 360 slim radiator with a thick one. I also got a few litres C1000 Pure Clear coolant and the new concentrates as well as a pressure equalizer stop plug. 

PaFHLot.jpg

About the black premixed coolant: If you're looking for pure black, this is the coolant you want to get, you can even see the particles move when illuminated. Pretty cool effect, but keep in mind that you have the clean the whole loop when changing the coolant. You'll need more than just a little bit water. 

This is what the coolant looks like under the flash of the camera:

3EsQskT.jpg

GLxiUJj.jpg

After taking the build apart i fitted the new radiator.

RpaIC9M.jpg

Since it is not only thicker but also wider i had to use smaller spacers for my aluminium reservoir tray. After replacing them i noticed that the Sata port are unreachable this way so i went into my workshop.

UcY5UQP.jpg

PvRwOU8.jpg

The first raw cut was done with my scroll saw, after that i use a file to clean the edges.

N2u9wOV.jpg

Already a little bit smoother but not smooth enough so i take different types of sandpaper until it's shiny again.

ttuPbiW.jpg

NMyOIyH.jpg

I also had to reposition the reservoir so i drilled a few more holes.

jkuyJ8T.jpg

GRuBwQs.jpg

5d0nseK.jpg

Now i'm able to start building the loop again. While i'm at it i thought about a better routing.

0kLbs6v.jpg

VpN3EmG.jpg

CDUY0hA.jpg

TYFqtKQ.jpg

I wasn't able to do it without bends since the disctance between CPU und GPU block is to short for fittings.

bVMtNwV.jpg

I want to try to make a video of the filling, so if you're patient i will see what i can do :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, i don't want to let you wait longer so i'll just start with the final photos.
I'm still working on the fill video, already got the material but i'm not that experienced with the postprocessing so this might take a while.

For the photoshoot i wanted to try something new: 

Instead of just showing pictures of the case and the hardware i'm going to present the whole setup.

To make good use of the RGB lighting this shoot runs under the Thermaltake theme: "Game with your MOD"

So, let's start with a title which is always good for some late night fun - Rocket League.

fnMZSi3.jpg

hVm7a6d.jpg

tXLQzmm.jpg

Orange and blue, a perfect match!

When i have some more time i change the genre to some more time intense MMOs. And whats the first game you think of? Of course, World of Warcraft. The build now shines in "Legion" green with purple accents.

LSbtEzd.jpg

JP0D7u1.jpg

wRfuAK2.jpg

a5GinWB.jpg

But what if you want to play something more competitive? Get your friends and play a few matches Counter Strike Global Offensive, T's vs. CT's, Blue vs. Yellow ( more like ocher ) :D

JEgvV9k.jpg

r0WLvoH.jpg

QonNQ7Y.jpg

QjXDtwn.jpg

e19YZ6j.jpg

LIhtf9i.jpg

Y1woCab.jpg

This one is my favorite combo btw.

Of course we still have the classic RGB rainbow, but that's pretty hard to capture in one photo. :D

Eventhough i had some setbacks this project was great.
Meanwhile i'm a big fan of RGB, it's still a gimmick but it's a cool one which can make your whole rig always match the things you do.

And if you still don't like it, turn it off! ;) 

To end this post i have some pictures that didn't fit the theme but i still want to show.

emri9tz.jpg

mYG1igg.jpg

PlpXsBy.jpg

8eUNGeH.jpg

Are there any other games with good looking color schemes? Let me know! :) 

39 minutes ago, 50mm said:

Are there any other games with good looking color schemes? Let me know! :) 

TF2 (red vs blue)

Black Ops (orange and white)

GMOD (light blue and white)

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: