Mac Sales In Decline As Others Gain Traction

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by Okjoek,

I wouldn't mind having a Macbook, but I don't like their anti-tinkerer stances in terms of the hardware.

Okay cool; so where can I get a pack of Belgian waffles?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

KappaPride 4Head KappaPride KappaRoss

Nope. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Can't say I'm surprised at the shrinkage. Back when Steve Jobs was alive they had a decent price ratio with business class PCs from Dell or Lenovo... Tim Cook more or less gutted the line up for pure profit margins while the rest of the PC market suffered from Win8 being a flop with negative to flat purchases of new systems to replace older systems.

Take a look back when Apple had a base model iMac which you could upgrade the RAM or CTO a larger HDD, that model was replaced by a more expensive iMac with a MacBook Air guts with soldered RAM which forced upsells if you wanted user-upgradable RAM.  Mac minis faced the same dumbing down, you could get a quad-core i7 and the new revision ditched it for dual-cores with soldered RAM.

I was in the market for a new desktop Mac last year, Apple didn't refresh the Mac Pro or Mac mini so I built four Skylake PCs and transitioned part of my workflow to Linux :o

...Apple has been ignoring the creative market far too long, desktop OS leaning Macs aren't part of their long-term strategy and iOS is their cash cow. I think within 3yrs you'll see Apple do something much crazier than the USB-C MBP, you might see them take advantage of their PA Semi development team to build a desktop grade ARM processor for maximum liberation from Intel and total hardware+software lock-in(Sun Microsystems/Oracle style) :/

/Only use OS X mainly for Final Cut Pro and Logic X, I just hate Adobe and Avid to the point I'd rather keep a dedicated Mac for those tasks B|

Far too many Dell laptops on the market.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 1/24/2017 at 8:39 PM, DrMacintosh said:

Im actually looking to buy a MacBook Pro. Imo Apple makes the best prosumer laptops. Sure they are pricy, but I mean I already have an iPhone and an Apple Watch and a massive iTunes Library, it would only make sense to buy a MacBook.

MacOS is so pretty and imo better than Windows for the day to day. That is not to say Windows is not as good.

Also I wont have to deal with Windows updates when I need to give a presentation xD 

I kid but really though Windows updates are annoying af. 

lol they don't. it is so overpriced 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I wouldn't mind having a Macbook, but I don't like their anti-tinkerer stances in terms of the hardware.