Should i wait for Ryzen but get it for a higher price?

Go to solution Solved by aiucaiu,

K thx everyone for helping

I'm planning on building my first PC but pricing in Norway is ridiculous (a gtx 1060 G1 Gaming costs 400$). So my neighbor is going to USA and i then i can order some of the hardware there and she could bring it home. The question is should i wait for Ryzen and get stupid Norwegian pricing or just buy Kaby Lake in the USA?
I'm really looking forward to build my first system :-)

Edited by SpeedyDucky
Formulation edit

Comic Sans!

What parts are you planning to get? Also, if you really can't wait, get Kaby Lake, because Ryzen is a few months off. Welcome to the forums btw c:

-Moved to New Builds and Planning. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

If you spend less on the RAM and PSU you might be able to fit a 7700k in that budget. A nice, cheaper PSU would be anything from EVGA's G2/GS/G3 lineups. 

I don't really need anything better, its actually overkill as is, when i think about it it was a stupid question from me in the beginning because i don't need a better CPU the reason i got that CPU is mostly because wanted to try overclocking, if else i would have gotten the lowest end i5 i could get, and the RAM ehh i got it because it looks nice and even nicer if i paint it and the PSU..... Well thx for the recommendation. I think the same CPU i have in the list now will probably cost the same in the USA as a quad-core Ryzen in norway..... So i think that im good ty for psu recommendation tho. :-)

Comic Sans!

Edit: if i paint it. And the PSU...... (Ooops no not paint the PSU) WuRdz = HAarD

Comic Sans!

Maybe i could just get 8gigs of RAM instead of 16 its probably overkill as well....

Comic Sans!

38 minutes ago, SpeedyDucky said:

Maybe i could just get 8gigs of RAM instead of 16 its probably overkill as well....

41 minutes ago, SpeedyDucky said:

I don't really need anything better, its actually overkill as is, when i think about it it was a stupid question from me in the beginning because i don't need a better CPU the reason i got that CPU is mostly because wanted to try overclocking, if else i would have gotten the lowest end i5 i could get, and the RAM ehh i got it because it looks nice and even nicer if i paint it and the PSU..... Well thx for the recommendation. I think the same CPU i have in the list now will probably cost the same in the USA as a quad-core Ryzen in norway..... So i think that im good ty for psu recommendation tho. :-)

I'm saying try for an i7 because some games (Battlefield 1) run better with more threads. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

6 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I'm saying try for an i7 because some games (Battlefield 1) run better with more threads. 

I'm not grown up (but i still know more then both my parents combined about computers) so my parents will probably not allow me to play battlefield, my mom is like "what's that!" when i play Overwatch on my PC (which is impossible because of "PC = crappy laptop") even tho she bought it for me...

Edited by SpeedyDucky
typo

Comic Sans!

12 minutes ago, SpeedyDucky said:

I'm not grown up (but i still know more then both my parents combined about computers) so my parents will probably not allow me to play battlefield, my mom is like "what's that!" when i play Overwatch on my PC (which is impossible because of "PC = crappy laptop") even tho she bought it for me...

Oh ok then. The current build is fine for that. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

44 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

umm... 1070 for playing overwatch? wut?!

Oh snap i meant to use a 1060....

Comic Sans!

2 minutes ago, SpeedyDucky said:

Oh snap i meant to use a 1060....

now thats a better fit. otherwise, it will be the largest overkill.

Just be aware that your friend might get stung for customs charges if bringing pc parts back from the USA. Also if any parts are faulty then you might have to post stuff back to the USA if you don't want to deal direct with the manufacturer.