What Do You Think Of This Gaming Laptop?

Mrbluee

I was thinking of getting this laptop for myself as I travel alot?

Specification:-
- Operating System: Choose from the drop down options!
- Display: 17.3" SuperBright LED True HD 120Hz 3D Display (1920x1080 Resolution)
- Graphics: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB GDDR5 in SLI
- Built in 3D IR emitter plus one NV 3D Vision 2 shutter glasses
- Storage: Choose from the drop down options!
- Optical: Choose from the drop down options!
- Sound Blaster HD Audio
- Mic Noise Suppression
- Dolby Home Theatre®
- 4W THX Stereo Speakers (2W x 4)
- 2 megapixel Webcam
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4th Generation Haswell Processor - Choose exact model from drop down options!
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory at 1600MHz (4GB x 1) OR choose 8/16GB DDR3 Options
- Main Chipset: Intel HM87
- Communication: 10 / 100 / 1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN,Wireless LAN, Widi Support
- WiFi Options: Choose from drop down menu
- 1x HDMI Port
- 1x DisplayPort
- 1x Mini-DisplayPort
- 3x USB3.0 Ports
- 1x USB2.0 Port
- 1x Mini IEEE 1394a port
- 1x eSATA Port (USB 3.0 Combo)
- 1x DC IN
- 1x RJ-45 Jack
- Kensington Lock: YES
- Full Range AC adapter, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19.5V, 11.8A, 230W 
- Removable 8 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 76.96WH 
- Battery life: 300 minutes (with UMA mode, 76.96WH Battery) 
- Dimensions: 419 (W)x293 (D)x 39.3.3~49.7 (H)mm 
- 3.9Kg,including ODD and 76.96WH Battery 
- 9in1 Card Reader
- 2yr Warranty (1yr Parts, 2yr Labour)

£4172.92 inc VAT

- See for yourself (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-024-OE)

BTW I picked: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Samsung Slimline Blu-Ray Writer, Intel i7 4930MX, Killer 1103 Qualcomm Atheros 3x3, 2x Samsung 1TB SSD 840 Evo, Corsair Vengeance 16GB  

Do you think I should get this or have you got a better suggestion.

post-29812-0-14006500-1383692924.jpg

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

I think it's a beefy, expensive laptop

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Please don't tell me you actually plan to 3D game on a laptop...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Expensive.

EDIT: That's $7001 dollars (Canada)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That is hella expensive. It's basically a desktop replacement? if you want it to take around you'll need to go smaller. If you really have that much cash to spend do it because £4.1k is A LOT of money on a laptop. You could make a PC for MUCH better at £4.1k

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

The specs are great. The form factor is think and ugly, but that's to be expected with high end gaming laptops like this one. Overall I still prefer ultrabooks for portability and desktops for gaming.

No just game at high resolution 

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

if you are not going to haul this around you might as well build a much better PC for that price and get a good* 3D monitor (subjective, personally i dont care about 3D unless its a cinema theatre)

No just game at high resolution 

then get a 2560x1440 or a 2560x1600 or even higher Display and build a beast of a PC for that Price

Ok why the fuck would you need that powerful laptop? You can buy a good desktop PC and somekinda Gaming laptop for that price... Cmon, its not worth it...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Not worth it. 2 Megapixel camera? PATHETIC!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You can get an amazing mini-ITX rig and something like a Y500 for that kind of money. Desktop replacement laptops are almost never worth it. I have a laundry list of reasons why not to get one, and I think most people would agree with them.

Spoiler

If you really dont need a laptop, pleeeeease dont get one for gaming.....please....you could run a triple monitor setup for that much money, or anything! 

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

I didn't go trough all the specs, but I expect to get 2 minutes of battery life when gaming.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Where is your igloo?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

@Mrbluee you can literally build my pc+setup for that price, and have some leftover

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This isn't Omegle, I don't do A/S/L

oh snnnapppp

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This isn't Omegle, I don't do A/S/L

I never asked it that way... why would you even think of it... why? haha

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

So, Hi, I'm going to offer an actual opinion from someone with a gaming laptop and who travels for work.

To everyone saying to get a desktop, that is the most unrealistic thing ever to do while traveling. You have a suitcase to take on the plane. Your not going to carry your monitor, tower, mouse, and keyboard with you on these flights. Everyone including the OP knows that he can get a better desktop for the price but that isn't what he is asking for so your point is moot. While it is a bulky laptop, especially compared to new ultrabooks, this is a desktop replacement where you have it as a carry-on, sit it down on a desk in your hotel room, and it stays there. You can still play games at a great resolution and fidelity, with the large access to PC games.

The 4930mx is a waste of money imo. You can get a 4800mq and overclock it to 3.0 ghz if you want, but you shouldn't be bottlenecked by the cpu. So you can save yourself like $500 just from that. The 780m sli is the best on the market so you can't do any better. That will drive the 120hz monitor you got. 16gb memory is fine, I'd keep it since you will have this laptop for a while I assume.

The keyboards on these are pretty good, back-lit and decent spacing.. I use it all the time and have no problem. Just need to get an external mouse and your good to go.

The speakers are decent, loud enough for what you need and good sound.

This is going to be a good laptop for traveling. Get a notebook cooler, or really anything to raise it up a little bit and your temps shouldn't cross 75c. Can even overclock the GPU is you need some extra power.

This is the way to go for traveling and still wanting to game. Can't get any better.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

If you want a gaming laptop, go for something thin and easy to carry like a MSI GS70. I bought a Asus G53 a few years back and I hated lugging that thing around school with me.

Trust me, you'll regret having such a heavy laptop even if it is the most powerful thing out there. Thin and powerful's the way to go.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Just going to throw this out there:

I bought a high end gaming laptop a year and a half ago because at the time I thought my needs justified both the extra expense and limited performance (compared to desktops).. A year and a half later, my needs have changed and I kind of regret the decision. If I build a desktop, my only two options for my laptop would be to sell it at a very low price (PCs don't hold their value), or I can have a semi-useless machine sitting around my house. If I don't build a desktop, my performance in newer games is limited..

My advice to you is this: Don't buy anything that you might regret a year or two down the road.. 

As for specs, like SteepGnomeKing said, the 780M SLI is the fastest GPU solution available to laptops right now. If you need the ballsiest and more powerful laptop possible, this is the only way to go. However the price on a laptop with that GPU setup is pretty ridiculous, so I would generally consider it to be not really worth the cost. Personally I wouldn't overspend on a laptop, because you're never going to get around the inherent limitations of laptops. A Clevo P170 (or comparable 17" single-GPU DTR) with a i7-4800MQ and a single 780M should save you a ton of money, and still offer reasonable performance for games without being too* expensive.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems