Does anyone else feel unsatisfied with their computer?

I have been working on my computer for some time now, and I know this hobby is always a work in progress, but I just don't stay satisfied with the way my build looks for more than a couple weeks after an upgrade (it performs fine, but we all know that hardware is about more than performance.) I have a really cool looking system, but it just doesn't look EXACTLY the way it should. The NZXT Hue LED's don't light up the case that much because they are blocked by fans and stuff, and I just can't get it to look like a lot of peoples' builds on Youtube and stuff.

So I'm wondering two things:

1. Does this happen to other people too?

2. What can I do to make it more satisfyingly sexy?

Please no trolls or haters. Yes, some of us are more picky about looks than others, if you don't like the post, don't comment. :)

Thanks!

Only victors are allowed to live... this world is merciless like that.

no, not really I also have solid sidepanels

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I run mine without any side panels 95% of the time because I'm too lazy after switching a drive or cleaning a fan.

Spoiler

Sounds like you have buyers remorse or maybe in this case builders remorse

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I love the look of my pc. I plan on making it better with MDPC sleeving and new fans but I don;t have the $ right now

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I love the look of my pc. I plan on making it better with MDPC sleeving and new fans but I don;t have the $ right now

Yea I was thinking of getting an AX PSU and getting some sleeved cables with it. Is it cheaper to do it on your own?

I feel.

I love tinkering and improving.

Post some pictures and lemme help you out

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Yea I was thinking of getting an AX PSU and getting some sleeved cables with it. Is it cheaper to do it on your own?

Yes it is. Much cheaper and you learn something new

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I need more noctua fans. I'm dissatisfied every time I realize I can hear my pc.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I need more noctua fans. I'm dissatisfied every time I realize I can hear my pc.

Throw a nice, thick blanket over it.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I still need to sleeve my cables and add some lights get dye some noctuas

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I want my case dead, but I don't want to spend money on another case

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

I love mine to pieces. I wish it wasn't a year old, and I would love to custom water-cool the thing.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I feel.

I love tinkering and improving.

Post some pictures and lemme help you out

http://i.imgur.com/ZTRcXre.jpg

Normally the lighting is all on red. But I was trying out white because I really like the look of black and white systems with a touch of red. Probably going to be changing the SP120 rings to white.

I have a HD 4850 that just kills the water cooling look. My build is begging for a water cooled graphics card!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I'd rather have performance over looks any day of the week, hell I was using a HP case up until a year ago :P

Normally the lighting is all on red. But I was trying out white because I really like the look of black and white systems with a touch of red. Probably going to be changing the SP120 rings to white.

Dat video card....

Get a backplate for it. Also I would maybe play around with cable management. I couldnt tell but it seemed like the 8pin pci connector was ontop. Move it underneath the card

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

To me it sounds like you just need to alter the looks of some things in your case. Personally I despise my Phantom 410 because I get too many finger prints on it and it's bugging the hell out of me. 

That's pretty clean looking!

Pretty lick-able if you ask me!

I'm far too picky. I'm at some degree of dissatisfied with every build.

Mine did, but then I built the one in my sig.  If anything it outperforms what I want it to.

I have been working on my computer for some time now, and I know this hobby is always a work in progress, but I just don't stay satisfied with the way my build looks for more than a couple weeks after an upgrade (it performs fine, but we all know that hardware is about more than performance.) I have a really cool looking system, but it just doesn't look EXACTLY the way it should. The NZXT Hue LED's don't light up the case that much because they are blocked by fans and stuff, and I just can't get it to look like a lot of peoples' builds on Youtube and stuff.

So I'm wondering two things:

1. Does this happen to other people too?

2. What can I do to make it more satisfyingly sexy?

Please no trolls or haters. Yes, some of us are more picky about looks than others, if you don't like the post, don't comment. :)

Thanks!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers