"New Killzone PS4 footage is download-only to show off its 1080p, 60 FPS gameplay"

TopWargamer

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/4/5066292/killzone-shadow-fall-ps4-footage-1080p-60fps

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/blog/news/2013-11-04_new-hq-footage.html

Direct download link: http://killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip

killzone_shadow_fall_video.0_cinema_720.

The multiplayer footage offers a minute-long look at the next-gen Killzone and requires a 541 MB download. The Killzone website is understandably slower due to the stress that comes from distributing a half-gigabyte video file, so give it some time.

Downloading it right now. Just throwing this out there, but for a console game, the new Killzone game, graphically, doesn't look all too bad, and it seems like it plays pretty solid from we've seen.

Anyways the video's done downloading for me (thank you 80 down Internet speeds), so I'm going to take a look at this footage right now. 

EDIT: Just got done watching it, and I have to say, it looks REALLY good and plays super fluid. Good job Guerilla Games.

JjCLdhk.gif

EDIT: I uploaded the video to YouTube. You won't be able to see the 60 FPS unless you actually download the video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMIjaYsIlzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMIjaYsIlzw

The downloaded version still looks better and not blurry. Thanks YouTube for ruining the quality.

:/

COMIC SANS

It is funny how console NOW advertise with 1080p gameplay xD

EDIT: Not that it's bad, I'm actually happy for console players.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

It is funny how console NOW advertise with 1080p gameplay xD

EDIT: Not that it's bad, I'm actually happy for console players.

well its not something a software update could do xD. i guess this is the perfect time for a new console actually.

Hey man, Nvidia has to have SOME way of combatting TressFX :P

Don't you know ?! Hair physics is the next big thing for PC gaming :D

RTX2070OC 

Don't you know ?! Hair physics is the next big thing for PC gaming :D

Gotta have that wavy fro' man

I guess I'm going to say this- consoles are going to kick the mid range PCs where it hurts. You won't be seeing that sort of detail unless one spends 1000$> on a PC and console graphics are just going to get better over time once devs start optimizing their games for that hardware, whereas on PC, the experience just gets worse over time. Can someone please sway me back to the PC side aside from the mouse+keyboard argument for a person who wants to game with decent graphics without breaking the bank.

PC in Profile

I guess I'm going to say this- consoles are going to kick the mid range PCs where it hurts. You won't be seeing that sort of detail unless one spends 1000$> on a PC and console graphics are just going to get better over time once devs start optimizing their games for that hardware, whereas on PC, the experience just gets worse over time. Can someone please sway me back to the PC side aside from the mouse+keyboard argument for a person who wants to game with decent graphics without breaking the bank.

The fps is only going to get worse. You can keep getting better graphics along with 60 fps in 3 years. It's going to drop to 720p/900P upscaled in some games. And you will never be able to experience 4k when it is cheap and it will be very soon.

That does look great indeed...Plus sometimes its not even 1080p, but 720/900p upscaled, which is a shame... I'd like to see consoles get 1080p / 30fps MINIMUM.

I wish they had a Gfx options menu on consoles.

Selecting Fidelity and Resolution

720p - Ultra 30-60fps

900p - High 30-60fps

1080p - Low-Medium 30-60fps.

But... PC's can be VERY cheap and powerful, NO WHERE NEAR $1000 needed.

You really need to read up more on how lower end machines CAN be viable against consoles for little no to extra.

I can build a cheap rig INC a powerhouse GPU for under $600

Plus games are SO much cheaper... Its a fine choice of parts, but can be done if the person building it is smart.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It looks like they just took a current gen game and ran it at 1080p.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|