Does this come with Thermal compound

Beef Boss

Does the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM come with compound or do I need to purchase some separately? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

It comes with thermal compound.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

7 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

Does the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM come with compound or do I need to purchase some separately? 

It does but its advised that it is junk quality.

Get some MX-4 for pretty cheap.

EDIT: £3.95 for a tube that will last several applications and the paste itself doesnt degrade for 7-8 years

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Cooling-MX-4-Thermal-Compound/dp/B0045JCFLY

3 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

The difference between "awesome" thermal paste you buy separately and "junk" thermal paste that comes with coolers is one to two degrees.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

24 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The difference between "awesome" thermal paste you buy separately and "junk" thermal paste that comes with coolers is one to two degrees.

I'm not an expert on thermal compounds but there could be other differences though couldn't there?

Like the consistency of the stuff which would affect how easy it is to apply or remove.  Or whether or not it's electrically conductive.  I think I was told that MX-4 is good because it's non-conductive and it also doesn't need to cure whatever that means.  Different compounds could last longer before degrading.

I do agree though that in terms of average temperature achieved there does seem to be little difference between thermal compounds.

So it's other characteristics that would seem to be the determining factors.   

The included TIM is good enough that any effort or funds used to get something different would be wasted. Use whats included and rest easy knowing that its better than the dried out shit in 90% of machines. Ideally you would replace it every couple of years anyway.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

35 minutes ago, asand1 said:

The included TIM is good enough that any effort or funds used to get something different would be wasted. Use whats included and rest easy knowing that its better than the dried out shit in 90% of machines. Ideally you would replace it every couple of years anyway.

Okay thank you Sir! 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

14 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

It really isn't. Its decent quality. Not best, but not worst either. For that price range for a cooler its really good paste. Thermal difference is that few degrees mentioned. Other differences like how quickly paste goes bad, not realistically issue as it would take 5-10 years with current stock pastes on aftermarket coolers. As for conducting electricity, also not issue with CPU coolers. Maybe if OP is planning to install this on GPU.

Edited by LoGiCalDrm
Misquoted.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv