Steam Machines Pictured

wansie

With a 2 year contract and (as with me) buy 1 get 1 free deals.

That is if you want to go into a contract for a phone. I would never go into any contract like that. People still buy apple mac books which are really overpriced. And people will likely buy the trash can mac pro which is also grossly overpriced. If people have enough money to waste it then they have enough to buy something that isn't a waste of money. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm like things that are slightly off in design but still elegant.

The Lian Li PC p80n is just like that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That is if you want to go into a contract for a phone. I would never go into any contract like that. People still buy apple mac books which are really overpriced. And people will likely buy the trash can mac pro which is also grossly overpriced. If people have enough money to waste it then they have enough to buy something that isn't a waste of money. 

Contracts are always cheaper where I'm at so I don't have a choice. As for Macs, yes, but try convincing them otherwise lol

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Guys, this was already posted

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/72304-steam-machine-first-look/

Someone should merge these threads at this stage

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Is that a 770 or a 780?

The formfactor is amazing. It has the dimensions of a next gen console but 3 times the power

770 doesn't have the same shroud as the 780 and Titan anymore. Only 780 and Titan use it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

That is not a 5400 rpm hard drive it is a 1TB 7200RPM Seagate SSHD with 8GB of SSD cache.

not so bad then, nice username :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Nice machine, but this is only a prototype.

Design isn't final, also the power cables are probably not pictured because they aren't plugged in? Like come on, we all know where the power cables are for the GPU and motherboard, it's obvious they aren't plugged in.

I like the case design, but I'm weary of the GPU getting hot, and what kind of CPU cooler will they be running?

Looks better than the Xbox One..

My old VHS recorder from 1998 looks better than an Xbox one....

It looks pretty darn nice... I kind of like that slick yet strange morphis look to it.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Minimalist is the best choice they could have gone with. That, and the mini-itx form factor.

People can afford to buy a £600 smartphone. I don't see why they can't afford a £1000 PC which does a whole lot more than a smartphone can.

I'm not saying that people can't afford it, my statement about the cost was simply there to say that it would not really be that feasible for a company to fit a $500 (retail, no Idea what it costs companies like MSI) gpu into a $400 system. And on the topic of price, though many members of this forum may be willing to drop $1000 on a computer, you average parent, who the vast majority of console sales likely go to, will more likely not. Instead they will likely buy the $200-$400 console come Easter, Christmas, their kid's birthday, whatever. After all why should people pay $1000 for what is perceived to be a toy. 

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

That 780 will easily reach the 80 degree throttle limit.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

"Of course, when they get to that size, they won’t be using full-size graphics cards any more. Intel's integrated graphics are a possibility there: "We're super interested in Iris Pro." When I ask whether Intel or AMD might make special chips to bring down the price of truly powerful integrated graphics, the room goes quiet for a moment. "We don’t have an answer that we can give you before January," the team answers."

-The Verge Article

Seems pretty interesting. Looking good for integrated graphics :)))

mmm sexy. I wonder what noise and temps are like.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

if they want console gamers they are going to have to make this cheaper

Console gamers need to wake up and realize that what they have been using for the past ten years actually doesnt have good performance. They think that theyre get everything and good performance for cheap, when really, theyre not. This is a step in the right driection, teaching them to pay more and to love higher performance.

But anyways, yeah, there is a cheap version with a 660 (I think) and a less expensive CPU. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

The fact that a Titan fits in something that small blows my mind, but just think....780 Ti Black Edition.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

That's motherboard must have a really creepy shape for that video card to fit in

PCIe Extension Cable nothing more.

The gpu would starve for air in that tight space. Wonder how loud is the Steam Machine when it is on load and hope that the fans are quiet.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm not saying that people can't afford it, my statement about the cost was simply there to say that it would not really be that feasible for a company to fit a $500 (retail, no Idea what it costs companies like MSI) gpu into a $400 system. And on the topic of price, though many members of this forum may be willing to drop $1000 on a computer, you average parent, who the vast majority of console sales likely go to, will more likely not. Instead they will likely buy the $200-$400 console come Easter, Christmas, their kid's birthday, whatever. After all why should people pay $1000 for what is perceived to be a toy. 

Consoles are toys. But PC's are not. The Steam Machine is neither a toy nor a console it is a PC dedicated for gaming. But I do see what you are getting at. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

The gpu would starve for air in that tight space. Wonder how loud is the Steam Machine when it is on load and hope that the fans are quiet.

It wont, thats more than enough .We make a chassis thats very similar that has NO issues with thermals.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

That actually looks boss, I know this is a stupid question but, can you use it like a normal PC if you wish? If you can't to be its a bit of a waste, i would rather build a pc with similar specs...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb