Steam Machines Pictured

wansie

Consoles are toys. But PC's are not. The Steam Machine is neither a toy nor a console it is a PC dedicated for gaming. But I do see what you are getting at. 

This aimed at console gamers, which tend to be bought by parents for there children/young teens, why would they spend $1000 on something like this when to them they could spend half on a similar product...to them its just a console, also not every kid gets $1000 presents all year round. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

This aimed at console gamers, which tend to be bought by parents for there children/young teens, why would they spend $1000 on something like this when to them they could spend half on a similar product...to them its just a console, also not every kid gets $1000 presents all year round. 

Kids should get jobs then.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Kids should get jobs then.

These are presents you derp....if they are gonna spend 1k on that why not build a pc?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

That actually looks boss, I know this is a stupid question but, can you use it like a normal PC if you wish? If you can't to be its a bit of a waste, i would rather build a pc with similar specs...

Yes you can. In terms of functionality there is no difference between this and a normal PC apart from the fact that valve built it.

Yes you can. In terms of functionality there is no difference between this and a normal PC apart from the fact that valve built it.

Ok then i think its worth while for people moving out of console gaming 

I feel sorry for the people that try to play on pc with a control its a big disadvantage

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I feel sorry for the people that try to play on pc with a control its a big disadvantage

In which ways?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

In which ways?

Mouse and keyboard, mainly the mouse, your arm is more accurate then your thumb, then again that doesnt affect many games.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Mouse and keyboard, mainly the mouse, your arm is more accurate then your thumb, then again that doesnt affect many games.

FPS games YES Keyboard and Mouse are far superior.

Platformers NO, generally controllers are better.

Racing games NO Controllers are better but racing wheels are even better than that.

these aren't all the examples but controllers definitely have their place :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Mouse and keyboard are incredibly precise. The problem is that you need a desk for them. Ever tried using a mouse + keyboard on your lap when sitting on the couch? Doesn't work without a firm base.

Anyway these machines (like all PCs) will support all input methods.

Mouse and keyboard are incredibly precise. The problem is that you need a desk for them. Ever tried using a mouse + keyboard on your lap when sitting on the couch? Doesn't work without a firm base.

Anyway these machines (like all PCs) will support all input methods.

i tried on a carpet once, surprisingly i wasnt lowest in the scoreboard(bad company 2 days)

Listen if you care.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/11/04/valves-steam-machine-is-the-anti-console-heres-what-its-like-to-play/

Touring the Bellevue, Wash. headquarters of video game company Valve can feel like stepping into the lair of a mad scientist. That's especially true in the Steam Machine project areas, where there is a graveyard of cast-off designs strewn between 3-D printers and designer stations. 

But the results of this chaos are Valve's first two major steps into the hardware business: The prototype Steam Machine and its controller.

he final version had two touchpads where other controllers have analog joysticks.

It features haptic feedback capabilities and a programmable screen sandwiched between the touchpads.

Using a mix of software and firmware, the controller presents itself to games as a traditional mouse and keyboard. "We have built this to accommodate every different kind of input requirement for all of the 3000 games on steam," says Greg Coomer, who works on the Steam Machine project and has been with Valve since leaving Microsoft with Valve co-founder and cult gaming icon Gabe Newell.

20131024_120558.jpgmed_STEAM_M_console__hero.jpg

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I think even if the forum search worked, the amount of re-posts would be exactly the same lol.

Need to put something in big red text saying "SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST" on the front page.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

If I could make one adjustment, it would be a extra place for a 2.5" maybe 3.5" HDD. I just can't go back to purely HDD and purely SSD is still to expensive...

Maybe a miniPCIe SSD would be the way to go in this.

If I can use a controller I will use one (not FPS games unless its third person, if it is, will try both and see which feels good for that game)

Just more comfortable to lie down/slump down in bean bag or other chair/sofa and use the controller on the big TV instead of being hunched over a desk.

Still have my M+K for any FPS games which require them, to play correctly (1st person).

A general rule I have is, if I'm playing a multiplier game, then usually M+K, specially for FPS, for obvious reasons, unless its a driving game or something.

If its single player, then I will try my controller even if its a FPS and if it feels comfortable, then I will use it instead of M+K, since SP accuracy isn't THAT important (even though I've getting quite good by now with controller)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Already posted... 5 times already.

I think even if the forum search worked, the amount of re-posts would be exactly the same lol.

Need to put something in big red text saying "SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST" on the front page.

D: I even tried searching with google GARG! xD

PROFILEYEAH

Try harder. jk

But seriously its on the first page..

Seriously?

d8a67a51872dc4d2bb21635b7d1da559.png

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Seriously?

d8a67a51872dc4d2bb21635b7d1da559.png

You know Google tracks what you browse and search and since you're on LTT a lot it sows those on top.

P.S. That's my post on the bottom giggle*

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Try harder. jk

But seriously its on the first page..

You know Google tracks what you browse and search and since you're on LTT a lot it sows those on top.

RIIIIGHT yeah I used Duck Duck Go... :/

I meant google as in

google [ˈguːgɒl]vb (tr)

1. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) to search for (something on the Internet) using a search engine

post-3287-0-74613300-1383684789_thumb.jp

PROFILEYEAH

Well judging by the OP's post count, he spends just as much time on here as me. I don't see how he couldn't have found the previous topics.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

RIIIIGHT yeah I used Duck Duck Go... :/

I meant google as in

google [ˈguːgɒl]vb (tr)

1. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) to search for (something on the Internet) using a search engine

Well that explains it... :D