Question for those loyal to a company.

digitalnav

For example: Say you are loyal to AMD and Intel/NVIDIA somehow made a product that was the same price or cheaper that performed better, would you switch? Or are you too loyal to that brand.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

yes, but only when i need to and have the money for it

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Switch?

From Intel, nope

From Nvidia, nope

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Yes, but only if the reason I choose that brand is no longer applicable.

For example, I choose Kingston RAM and SSDs because they look sexy and are usually cheapest when compared to other similarly specced products and are quite reliable in my experience. 

If they stopped doing any of that, I would seriously consider choosing some other brand. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No, I will only switch unless it makes absolutely no sense to go with the brand Im loyal to. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I'm 100% AMD because I like their philosophy (plus their performance is on par with many competitor products, with the exception of insanely fast and expensive Intel products).

Sure most of what companies say are marketing humbo jumbo, but when their products reflect who I think they are, I know it's real.

I do turn a blind eye to the stock 290x cooler ;D

I did choose yes though!

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I honestly thought it was about loyalty to your employer >>  

But yeah, I'd switch to whatever works best for me. 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

I never buy Intel or NVIDIA, even with the holiday bundle I would rather get amd.

I never buy Intel or NVIDIA, even with the holiday bundle I would rather get amd.

If I may ask, whats the reason behind this?

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Switch?

From Intel, nope

From Nvidia, nope

^ this

For the big two (GPU and CPU) I lean towards Intel and Nvida. Intel just dominates AMD, but lately AMD GPUs have caught up. I was actually looking at going AMD with never settle and such. The 290X was a huge dissapointment to me and then never settle got reduced. Right after Nvida cuts prices, talked about a new high end, and announces a holiday bundle. I think I will stick with Nvida. I am no fanboy either my last card before my current 680 was a 5870, its just Nvida has really been on top the last month.

the thing is i am more comfortable with nvidia

i have never bought an AMD card and it scares me because i dont know what to expect from their drivers

i started PC gaming since 2007 and there were always "nvidia meant to be played" titles and most games were optimized for nvidia cards but since around 2011 things has changed

More and more games are now AMD titles and with the introduction of Mantle things really changed  i REALLY wanted to buy an AMD card but since Gsync showed up i really want nvidia now , i hate stutter and tearing soo much i am extremely susceptible to it

but when it comes to CPUs Harddrives ram etc  i do not care at ALL 

i will go with the faster and better product overall

these corporations are NOT my friends

i go with the better product overall

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I have reasons behind my choices. 

Intel for CPU's? only higher than a I5 for the money would i buy intel, no need to waste money on a I5 when a 8320 is cheaper, faster, Oc's better, and can do more in terms of content creation for less money.

Nvidia for GPU's? If I need cuda. Physx is nothing special to me, it looks nice yes, but that's it. I'd rather have good performance for my money. No need to over spend on a GPU *cough* GTX 780 *cough* Gtx Titan *COUGH* a 280X will do just as fine in most games and for much less money. Want to up the res and graphics? buy another one a year down the line. it would still be less money than buying a 780 and needing to add ANOTHER one of those later on.

Price to performance for me. Same goes for cases, corsair cases are really nice cases, but I don't need to spend that kind of money on a look, I'd rather have a decent $40 case and be ablet o put more money into a part to make the PC faster.

If I may ask, whats the reason behind this?

probably the biggest reason is I have amd stocks. Also I find that although amds drivers are a tad buggy at least they actually install unlike NVIDIA where it does not even recognize my gpu.

ive had amd, intel and nvidia (you don't say)
at the moment i believe AMD are giving nvidia a kicking with regards to what you pay and what you get so if i was going to buy a card now itd be a 7950/r9-280x or r9-290x (im a genius that can turn a fan to say... 60%)

amd and intel are equal for the bang/buck up untill you get to the 8320/8350/i5/i7, the thing is there you probably shouldnt be buying anything over the £116 8320, the reason i say this is the world is getting more and more multi-threaded,  if you JUST want to game and every fps counts-get a £160 i5, if you want to get every fps AND render....get a £260 i7, but for most of us we can get the £116 8320, overclock it a little, get 90% of the gaming performance of the i5 and match the i7 in rendering/gaming but save ourselfs £150...
by "ourselfs" i dont mean a fanboy, i mean a consumer let me get that straight.

amd had the better proccessors in the athlon 64 so i was with them, i then switched to pentium dual cores because i loved (still do) wolfdale, then i stuck with intel and thier core 2 quads q6600, i then decided to give amd's phenoms a try and love them, they cost less, overclock more and are just good chips, plus unlocking cores is awesome.
so when i see the way the future is going i think amd's IPC will catch up faster than intel can make advancements and thier hardware hyperthreading will have the advantage.

that said im looking at getting a 3930k (second hand) and a p9x79-e WS (or rampage 4 BE) because amd has nothing to compete (they arnt trying), if they did they'd probably be cheaper and id be buying that.

this thread kinda backs up my theory of "i have an intel cpu, therefore i cant buy an amd gpu" and therefore most intel users..stick with intel, and nvidia users stick with nvidia, there are exceptions but as people we do have some weird thing about loyalty, if anyone has seen the film "21" (blackjack) they will get the reference that if on a gameshow a nice sports car is parked behind 1 of 3 doors someone will pick a door and if given a chance to change they will likely stick to thier choice (mythbusters did this too i think).

theres no sense in brand loyalty (severe cases of DOA and bad customer service being the exception maybe), decide what your needs are and chose accordingly, thats the best option.

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

I get whatever I think has a good value and performance. Like if I was going to buy an i3, I wouldn't get an i3 I would buy a FX 8320 or FX 6300 because it is the performance of an i5 but cheaper.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'm a high flying Logitech fanboy, I'll tell you that. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Sadly, AMD has probably lost me as a customer for the remaining part of my life. I've never not had problems with their products; Even since the time of ATI there's always been issues with their products. I'll gladly pay the slight price premium associated with Nvidia or Intel if that means my stuff works as intended. Surely there are tons of people that have not had issues with them, and that's great, I'm glad you can still trust the company—But I will never again put a dollar in their pocket.

Cheers,

Linus

Nvidia (fantastic imo, didn't like AMD drivers, interface, and overall appeal) But, shadowplay, game streaming doesn't support my $700 video card,

Yea I have no problem switching. Let's me know where a companies priorities are. There goes a shield sale. Same with well over 100+ more that I have talked to that own laptops and wanted streaming because they wanted to buy a shield.

AMD and Intel for processors I could care less. They both work great. Have to play it by ear and see what games you play and if they are going to support more cores or less, than you can decide.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

ATM I have a intel 4670k cpu and a gtx 770 gpu but that's now, I had amp cpu and radeon gpu's in the past, just the turn of the blue and green teams.  Been thinking of making a cheap pc with AMD APU to replace my ageing Samsung NC10 or I might get a laptop/tablet instead, but am willing to go down the AMD route for it any case.

Cry Havoc!

Depends on features for me

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I go intel because of Hackintosh and LGA2011,I go nVidia because they are cheaper here,and that they offer CUDA capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

I say no because I use nvidia cards for ShadowPlay, GameStream (to SHIELD), and Geforce Experience. (AMD's version of Experience cant touch it.) And if AMD made a cheaper, more powerful CPU than my i7, I wouldn't switch because of the fact I'd need a new MoBo. If I were building the PC at the time however, I'd choose whichever was cheaper and had the necessary power. 

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Hmm. Y is there a no button, since the other options are all no's and more specific!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Price:performance is the main factor of my decisions. I am loyal to no company, I just buy the product that is available with the best price:performance that fits my needs.