Nintendo Switch may be $399

That Norwegian Guy
Go to solution Solved by elkenrod,

March 3rd.

$299 in North America

I've now heard $300, $250, and $400 for the proposed price... I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

hmm... it's not like if you can play Zelda breath of the wild on PC 

yeah I know :P I just wanted to see if I could make one that could outperform it. I am exited for this though, as i've always loved nintendo consoles. Nintendo provides an experience that no pc could ever recreate 

8 minutes ago, VirusStorm said:

yeah I know :P I just wanted to see if I could make one that could outperform it. I am exited for this though, as i've always loved nintendo consoles. Nintendo provides an experience that no pc could ever recreate 

LOL what's the point of the Hyper 212 EVO on a Pentium though? xD

It's hilarious seeing PC fanboys shit all over the consoles as if the point is to have the most expensive hardware, not to play all the best games. 

Unless it's some kind of forced bundle I'm going to call BS. There are FAR too many semi-credible rumors saying $250-$300 to believe a single random Reddit user. It is far too easy to fake price tags for this to be believable. Any asshat with a label printer can print a fake label and Walmart employees can make fake labels as well using their label printers.

Was really hoping for a lower price, around $300 or so. I would still buy it at $400 though, but maybe not instantly. Depends what the launch games would be. Either way we'll hopefully know more about pricing and games in the next few hours when the Switch presentation goes live.

COMIC SANS

12 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Unless it's some kind of forced bundle I'm going to call BS. There are FAR too many semi-credible rumors saying $250-$300 to believe a single random Reddit user. It is far too easy to fake price tags for this to be believable. Any asshat with a label printer can print a fake label and Walmart employees can make fake labels as well using their label printers.

You're definitely right about this. From experience, at Best Buy we can print out pretty much whatever kind of label we want.

COMIC SANS

Most likely a placeholder price, if someone managed to buy it, it would be easier to refund the excess rather than to charge more if it was too low. Anyway, we'll surely find out tonight.

5 hours ago, doomsriker said:

Wow. 399 for a nice portable that can run skyrim with an lcd and a big battery that you can use on the go or hook up to the TV. And on top of all that you can play Nintendo exclusives on it. That sounds like an awesome deal to me. 

Not when the Nvidia shield costs $199 and uses the same hardware at higher clocks. lol

5 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

If this is true, I can't say I'm surprised as Nvidia hardware tends to, in a word, mean; overpriced.

Compared to? AMD? Lmao

Edit: btw the Switch is 299 USD

So it's $299.99 MSRP, but they didn't say what came with it yet. I could definitely see one with a couple of games for $399.99.

1 2 Switch? Come on Nintendo you need to announce some actual games. I'm waiting...

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

1 2 Switch? Come on Nintendo you need to announce some actual games. I'm waiting...

there is a legend of zelda game

That motion control looks pretty cool, more like Wii than Wii U. They still gotta show me some games before I'd consider buying it. 

ARMS looks fun

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

ARMS looks fun

You think it will cost 40+ bucks?

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

there is a legend of zelda game

I know, i've been waiting for it all day. I just want Nintendo to cut to it already

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

ARMS looks fun

It does, but it looks like something whose novelty will wear off really quickly, like Wii Sports.

2 minutes ago, MadOne627 said:

I hope not, I hope it costs 30ish

6 minutes ago, MadOne627 said:

I'm thinking $25. I think it would be hard to sell it for more than that.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I would spend 40 plus to play splatoon with friends that looks fun

Splatoon's not really my thing. I'm not really a fan of Smash Bros or Mario Kart either, so Zelda and Mario are the only Nintendo franchises that interest me. They got me to buy a Wii but not a Wii U.