That youtube chat feed, damn

it literally stopped loading for me

3 minutes ago, MadOne627 said:

all consoles will now be sold out forever

selling my xbox one s tomorrow so i can preorder it lol

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Hopefully that's not the $399.99 one. xD

Yeah we might as well make a new thread given how BS this one is now

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

it literally stopped loading for me

so that was why the chat suddenly stops loading at regular intervals... went to twitch instead 

7 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Anyone think there'll be a Switch bundle with Zelda: Breath of the Wild? 

In some sort of metallic sparkly special edition color, and intentionally rare so it will run you 1000 or more after resellers hoard all units on day one.

I mean it's Nintendo we're talking about, artificial scarcity is guaranteed.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I was surprised to see no teaser of a Pokemon game. Even if it was a year or two out from release you'd think they'd want to show something. I wasn't into Pokemon Go but if they made a game in the spirit of Pokemon Red/Blue that I played on Game Boy I'd be interested in it. That kind of shit sells consoles even when it's a year or more away. The God of War presentation from E3 2016 is what first made me really want a PS4 (though I gotta admit the Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn presentations were amazing too).

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I was surprised to see no teaser of a Pokemon game. Even if it was a year or two out from release you'd think they'd want to show something. I wasn't into Pokemon Go but if they made a game in the spirit of Pokemon Red/Blue that I played on Game Boy I'd be interested in it. That kind of shit sells consoles even when it's a year or more away. The God of War presentation from E3 2016 is what first made me really want a PS4 (though I gotta admit the Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn presentations were amazing too).

Which brings another interesting point: Notice how they pushed this pretty much as a home console that's transportable rather than a handheld? This like motion controller shit on several games that require you to set your tablet off on a table or better yet hook it up to the tv.

There was almost no push more more handheld-ly games with the exception of maybe that 2D RPG from Square (With a title so fucking stupid my brain has chosen to forget it already: no joke) which in Japan might be more of a mobile thing.

It looks like they might just release something else as a handheld...or nothing at all and just move all that business to the phones...

-------

Current Rig

-------

So, the Switch itself looks dope. The software though... Eh. There's 2 confirmed launch games: Zelda and that motion control game that nobody's going to buy. Next one that we know of coming out next is pretty much a remake of Mario Kart 8, coming out on April 28th. It's a finished game. Why not launch it with the Switch.

I'm just very confused about their launch lineup. The upcoming games look cool. Xenoblade 2? Seems cool. Mario Odyssey? Looks cool. With only 2 confirmed games set to launch with the console (let's be real, just 1 game), I'm not exactly sure if this is an instant buy for me.

The price is right, the console itself is awesome, but the launching software lineup is weak. Hopefully they were confirm more launch games over the coming weeks. If not, I don't think I'll be picking this up at launch. The 2 games I'm remotely interested in are the new Zelda and the Mario Kart 8 "remake." I have Mario Kart 8 on my WiiU already, and Zelda is coming out on the WiiU as well. 

They need to start winning me over with some good launch software. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

COMIC SANS

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

In some sort of metallic sparkly special edition color, and intentionally rare so it will run you 1000 or more after resellers hoard all units on day one.

They don't do that with the regular consoles only with things they consider collectors items, or items they didn't understand the demand for like the gamecube adapter

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

So, the Switch itself looks dope. The software though... Eh. There's 2 confirmed launch games: Zelda and that motion control game that nobody's going to buy. Next one that we know of coming out next is pretty much a remake of Mario Kart 8, coming out on April 28th. It's a finished game. Why not launch it with the Switch.

I'm just very confused about their launch lineup. The upcoming games look cool. Xenoblade 2? Seems cool. Mario Odyssey? Looks cool. With only 2 confirmed games set to launch with the console (let's be real, just 1 game), I'm not exactly sure if this is an instant buy for me.

The price is right, the console itself is awesome, but the launching software lineup is weak. Hopefully they were confirm more launch games over the coming weeks. If not, I don't think I'll be picking this up at launch. The 2 games I'm remotely interested in are the new Zelda and the Mario Kart 8 "remake." I have Mario Kart 8 on my WiiU already, and Zelda is coming out on the WiiU as well. 

They need to start winning me over with some good launch software. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

It's not confusing its Nintendo strategy only with an actually strong title they intentionally held off the wii u for this very reason:

1) Hype

2) Release on a weird time table where nobody but hardcore fans will be interested

3) Target a hardcore game for said fans

4) VERY limited run at first to make it fairly sought after artificially and create a news buzz about how there's all this stupid fucking geeks fighting themselves at Walmart over buying the last Switch available (I predict at least 4 deaths to this)

With the push the fans and the scarcity will give them it will make the console very popular for holiday season 2017 when they actually will have the Mario game and a bunch of other stronger third party titles lined up for every little kid to demand it from their parents for x-mas

They've done all of this shit in the past but never as coordinated and never with a very sought after, actually looking to be pretty fucking great game like this new Zelda.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I was referring to just a retail copy of the game bundled with the regular Switch console. but sure, a limited edition bundle is a prospect Nintendo is probably considering at this moment. 

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

hey've done all of this shit in the past but never as coordinated and never with a very sought after, actually looking to be pretty fucking great game like this new Zelda.

Wii strategy 2.0

Since they did it with twilight princess

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

They don't do that with the regular consoles only with things they consider collectors items, or items they didn't understand the demand for like the gamecube adapter

I think they will do it with this one: They had over a decade to learn this trick from Sony and it's like the perfect storm to pull it off. If they're smart, they will do it for the console itself too this time.

However that's perhaps me giving them too much credit for their foresight and strategy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It's not confusing its Nintendo strategy only with an actually strong title they intentionally held off the wii u for this very reason:

1) Hype

2) Release on a weird time table where nobody but hardcore fans will be interested

4) VERY limited run at first to make it fairly sought after artificially and create a news buzz about how there's all this stupid fucking geeks fighting themselves at Walmart over buying the last Switch available (I predict at least 4 deaths to this)

With the push the fans and the scarcity will give them it will make the console very popular for holiday season 2017 when they actually will have the Mario game and a bunch of other stronger third party titles lined up for every little kid to demand it from their parents for x-mas

They've done all of this shit in the past but never as coordinated and never with a very sought after, actually looking to be pretty fucking great game like this new Zelda.

I agree the launch time and an artificially lack of consoles in the market could make this an extremely hot item for the Christmas rush/ Mario Launch

6 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

It's weird, Wii and Wii U both launched with a bunch of games. But Gamecube only launched with three games, N64 with three games, and Super Famicom two games. 

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

1) Hype

2) Release on a weird time table where nobody but hardcore fans will be interesting

See, if I were into Zelda, sure, I would be all over the Switch. But I'm not. I don't really have any interest in the franchise. I was considering getting Breath of the Wild because it looked kinda cool. I was hoping for Mario Kart 8 to launch with it, because I'm huge into that, but it's not.

The way I see it, the only 2 games that I would play on it, I can just play on my WiiU, and save my money for when there's other, more interesting games out. I already own Mario Kart 8 with every DLC, so that's done. All I would have to do is buy Breath of the Wild.

COMIC SANS

8 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I still remember what a bitch it was finding Zelda II and Super Mario 2 that one Christmas they came out together. I didn't GAF about Zelda II (I still don't like that game) but I had to play Super Mario 2 on one of those Playchoice 10 arcade machines that you had to pay 25 cents into every 5 minutes.

4 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

See, if I were into Zelda, sure, I would be all over the Switch. But I'm not. I don't really have any interest in the franchise. I was considering getting Breath of the Wild because it looked kinda cool. I was hoping for Mario Kart 8 to launch with it, because I'm huge into that, but it's not.

The way I see it, the only 2 games that I would play on it, I can just play on my WiiU, and save my money for when there's other, more interesting games out. I already own Mario Kart 8 with every DLC, so that's done. All I would have to do is buy Breath of the Wild.

Haven't care about Zelda since Minish cap but this one grabbed my attention. But since I'm no expert I'll defer to the rest of you on this one.

-------

Current Rig

-------

wii-u 2.0.... this thing is going to bomb really hard, right now you can buy a ps4 slim bundle with uncharted 4 for around $260 ......i see zero reason for buying this at launch maybe around next black friday if you can pickup a zelda bundle for around $250 along with buying the new mario game, but right now you're pretty much paying $360 for zelda on top of that you now have to pay for monthly online like ps+ and xbox gold.... and odds are xenoblade 2 wont even launch outside of japan this year and i didnt see any games of interest outside those 3

I sincerely hope it gets a better game selection than the Wii U. I've used my Wii U collectively less than 10 hours lol. Hope it doesn't flop as well