What's with recent videos?

H0R53

Recent videos are short, less than 5 minutes and utilize super clickbaity thumbnails. A lot of the comments on them highlight the clickbaity thumbnails, but I'm more concerned about video length. There's almost no content and quite a few are just Luke talking over stock-like footage of whatever he's talking about. Videos used to be 10, 15, even 20+ minutes, and I'll admit I like longer videos. in a recent analysis by The Game Theorists longer videos tend to do better, so I don't understand this recent transition to shorter videos on the main LTT channel. There's also quite a bit of dislikes on the shorter recent videos that are 2, 3, and 4 minutes compared to longer older videos.

My concern comes from a good place, I'm not trying to bash LTT or anything I'm just a bit confused.

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

Recent videos are short, less than 5 minutes and utilize super clickbaity thumbnails. A lot of the comments on them highlight the clickbaity thumbnails, but I'm more concerned about video length. There's almost no content and quite a few are just Luke talking over stock-like footage of whatever he's talking about. Videos used to be 10, 15, even 20+ minutes, and I'll admit I like longer videos. in a recent analysis by The Game Theorists longer videos tend to do better, so I don't understand this recent transition to shorter videos on the main LTT channel. There's also quite a bit of dislikes on the shorter recent videos that are 2, 3, and 4 minutes compared to longer older videos.

My concern comes from a good place, I'm not trying to bash LTT or anything I'm just a bit confused.

its pax prime they show things that are interesting 

CES actually.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its pax prime they show things that are interesting 

I get that, but there's no detail. There was a video on LTT a while ago about a motorless CPU fan/cooler that worked on thermal principle alone, and that video was at least 7 and a half minutes. If I remember that was at CES or PAX or some other electronics expo.

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

I get that, but there's no detail. There was a video on LTT a while ago about a motorless CPU fan/cooler that worked on thermal principle alone, and that video was at least 7 and a half minutes. If I remember that was at CES or PAX or some other electronics expo.

i really like these videos also yes it depends on topic ltt discusses, it would be stupid to make a 40 minute video on i7 if a shorter video can do the same thing.  game theory just drags their video get more exposure and views. 

Could be that they either are rushing to get as much covered as possible, might not have enough info on each product to give the details, who knows.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i really like these videos also yes it depends on topic ltt discusses, it would be stupid to make a 40 minute video on i7 if a shorter video can do the same thing.  game theory just drags their video get more exposure and views. 

LOL. Either way, the last part about game theory is a bit of an oversimplification, in my opinion. They do it very detailed(AKA drag it out) so that everyone can catch every detail.

3 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

But that was a new technology. Here, they're showcasing new products. But, since they're only displays, the videos are not reviews. Only showcasing what it looks like and how cool it is. The videos at CES are always like this, watch past year's videos.

I used to be quite active here.

It's CES stuff. They're basically just showing off the new tech that companies are working on, a lot of the time there's just not much info on the product, or they just don't get the time to do much with the product. 

There's also the fact that a lot of stuff at CES is basically stuff from last year but now with RGB. 

Just now, adithyay328 said:

LOL. Either way, the last part about game theory is a bit of an oversimplification, in my opinion. They do it very detailed(AKA drag it out) so that everyone can catch every detail.

to be honest the theories are obvious sometimes.  

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest the theories are obvious sometimes.  

Meh. 

I actually rather liked the history of MS 1975-2001 and would be rather interested in seeing more tech history topics tackled, perhaps in more detail under a title other than "Tech Quickie".

14 hours ago, H0R53 said:

Cool, I just think there should be maybe a minute or two more of whatever they're showcasing, maybe talk to the display manager or something about the product like they do at auto shows.

They do talk. Or rather booth/suite staff briefs them before they make the video. But sometimes they either don't get very detailed info or there just isn't that much to say. They also want to buff as much coverage as possible. So making too complex videos isn't nice for the editors. There will be longer videos, but not very much more into detail ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/7/2017 at 11:31 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

They do talk. Or rather booth/suite staff briefs them before they make the video. But sometimes they either don't get very detailed info or there just isn't that much to say. They also want to buff as much coverage as possible. So making too complex videos isn't nice for the editors. There will be longer videos, but not very much more into detail ones.

I mean...Yeah. I guess. I just want a little more detail. Like that big cube PC, like what speed is the RAM, what GPU will be factory, what's the processor in the prototype, etc.