Sony Revealing PS4's APU In APU13, Dice To Showcase Mantle & Oculus Talks Rift.

The very first in-depth technical details regarding the processor of the Playstation 4 will be revealed on November 13 at AMD's APU13 in a keynote titled "Inside PlayStation 4: Building the Best Place to Play".

The event will begin at 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. (PST), Wednesday, November 13, lead by Dominic Mallinson, senior vice president of software at Sony to talk about the chip powering the PS4 and will be followed by a keynote from Rift's CEO Brendan Iribe.

Johann Andersson, Technical Director at Dice will take the stage at 1:15 - 2:15 p.m to talk about BF4 & Mantle, this keynote will also include a demo.

Full schedule here :

http://www.techpowerup.com/193616/amd-to-unveil-next-generation-apus-on-november-11.html

yeah mantle more than anything else lol

Prepare for the amazing 10% higher frames per second in chosen 3-5 games a year.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Cant wait to see Mantle in action :)

Or lack of action.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Prepare for the amazing 10% higher frames per second in chosen 3-5 games a year.

No performance has been proven yet.

No performance has been proven yet.

Exactly. So why do people say "MANTLE MANTLE MANTLE GET RADEON CARD MANTLE MANTLE MANTLE" in most "which card should I buy?" threads?

I'll believe it when I see it.

As of now what I know is, I know AMD is incapable of making Radeon cards work well with their own CPUs. Nvidia GPU + AMD CPU works better.

I also know that AMD's credibility is extremely low, seeing how they released Bulldozer and then Vishera architectures which aren't good enough to compete with Intel, and now AMD released r9 290x which doesnt beat a 1-year old Nvidia's flagship...

I'll believe AMD when they actually show us something.

I'm waiting for APU13.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Exactly. So why do people say "MANTLE MANTLE MANTLE GET RADEON CARD MANTLE MANTLE MANTLE" in most "which card should I buy?" threads?

They're probably interested to see what low-level optimisation will do. I am, definitely, despite being an Nvidia card owner.

They're probably interested to see what low-level optimisation will do. I am, definitely, despite being an Nvidia card owner.

If you are interested then wait and see and not anticipate 'a lot' from AMD in times when all we see is AMD failing to deliver.

I think Nvidia has the hole time a low level acsess with NVAPI, because AMD cards peform way worse then they should with there specs.
AMD cards are far superior on Paper, but never showed it ingame.
A good example is the R9-290X it's 5,6Tflops while the TITAN is 4,5Tflops.(That's a 1,1Tflop diffrence)
The diffrence is huge there should be a 15-20Fps diffrence in game.

If Mantle improves the game peformance it shows that AMD had crappy drivers for years and wasted all there peformance.

Can't wait for some Mantle numbers I hope AMD kiks Nvidia in there butt so they have to set there prices low with Maxwell and bring the best they have as soon as they can.

RTX2070OC 

I'll believe it when I see it.

As of now what I know is, I know AMD is incapable of making Radeon cards work well with their own CPUs. Nvidia GPU + AMD CPU works better.

I also know that AMD's credibility is extremely low, seeing how they released Bulldozer and then Vishera architectures which aren't good enough to compete with Intel, and now AMD released r9 290x which doesnt beat a 1-year old Nvidia's flagship...

I'll believe AMD when they actually show us something.

I'm waiting for APU13.

lol what are you talking about amd cpus dont work well with their gpus? i didn't know people got high and then came on the forums

lol what are you talking about amd cpus dont work well with their gpus? i didn't know people got high and then came on the forums

I'm talking about this:

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/10/bf4/charts/bf4_cpu_gpu_t.png

If you pair overclocked FX 83xx with GTX 780 it can keep up with i5 4670k on stock in multiplayer in BF4.

GeForce actually works better with all CPUs when the CPU is used a lot because GeForce Drivers are multithreaded as opposed to singlethreaded Radeon drivers. It shows in games like BF4 that stress all CPU cores.

I'm talking about this:

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/10/bf4/charts/bf4_cpu_gpu_t.png

If you pair FX 83xx with GTX 780 it can keep up with i5 4670k on stock in multiplayer in BF4.

GeForce actually works better with all CPUs when the CPU is used a lot because GeForce Drivers are multithreaded as opposed to singlethreaded Radeon drivers. It shows in games like BF4 that stress all CPU cores.

lol dude i'm just going to stop talking but please stop smoking, it's not good for your health

I think Nvidia has the hole time a low level acsess with NVAPI, because AMD cards peform way worse then they should with there specs.

AMD cards are far superior on Paper, but never showed it ingame.

A good example is the R9-290X it's 5,6Tflops while the TITAN is 4,5Tflops.(That's a 1,1Tflop diffrence)

The diffrence is huge there should be a 15-20Fps diffrence in game.

If Mantle improves the game peformance it shows that AMD had crappy drivers for years and wasted all there peformance.

Can't wait for some Mantle numbers I hope AMD kiks Nvidia in there butt so they have to set there prices low with Maxwell and bring the best they have as soon as they can.

Um... Are you new here? Did you see the benchmark videos Linus and Slick did some time ago? They've beat every single Nvidia card from price point to price point when AMD finally optimizes their drivers for games. In fact, let me give you some videos they made. I'm just pointing this out because you said AMD has crappy drivers, which in fact, isn't true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiz7HCdGEic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S9qrWh20QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9SfaKlWCoY

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Um... Are you new here? Did you see the benchmark videos Linus and Slick did some time ago? They've beat every single Nvidia card from price point to price point when AMD finally optimizes their drivers for games. In fact, let me give you some videos they made. I'm just pointing this out because you said AMD has crappy drivers, which in fact, isn't true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiz7HCdGEic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S9qrWh20QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9SfaKlWCoY

AMD GPUs have way more compute power then Nvidia GPUs, but they don't peform like it and that's a fact.

The R9-290X has 1,1Tflop more then a TITAN so it should peform around 20+Fps more in every game, but it doesn't.(The R9-290X has as much power as the TITAN and XboxOne together)

And a HD6970 has 2,7Tflops a GTX670 only 2,5Tflops, but the GTX670 just destroys the HD6970 in every way by about 15+Fps in every game.

So there has to be an issue on AMDs side where they don't use the power of there card.(Wich Mantle should finnaly change)

The reason I say they have crappy drivers is, because there cards don't peform as they should.

I think Mantle will make a big cahnge and will push Nvidia to there limits where they have to put out there best for a low price point.

RTX2070OC 

Keep on topic or don't comment at all. The topic is regarding the PS4 not AMD's Mantle. Please stop derailing the thread, it is useful for no one.