iPad Air As LTE Personal Hotspot Offers Battery Life Of Up To 24 Hours

Apple has again nailed it with the battery life in the new iPad Air.

The new iPad Air can last for about 24 hours with personal hotspot turned on with a constant connection of 100 KB/s download speed from a MacBook Pro connected to the iPad. The test was conducted by Anandtech. Anandtech says that its because of the new A7 chip's power efficiency that the iPad is able to achieve such numbers 

Original Article

http://www.redmondpie.com/ipad-air-as-lte-personal-hotspot-offers-battery-life-of-up-to-24-hours/

100kb/s... That doesn't prove anything.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

100kb/s... That doesn't prove anything.

That's not the point. The iPad was constantly exchanging data in the internet via LTE for a full 24 hours

That's not the point. The iPad was constantly exchanging data in the internet via LTE for a full 24 hours

But not at an average speed, 100kb/s is far below average for LTE. It would have been more compelling if it were at least 750kb/s or something. It's nice that it can hold up for 24 hours with slow speeds, but I'd like to see some more realistic scenarios.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

It is not realistic to expect the average person to max out a hotspot the entire time it's active.

But not at an average speed, 100kb/s is far below average for LTE. It would have been more compelling if it were at least 750kb/s or something. It's nice that it can hold up for 24 hours with slow speeds, but I'd like to see some more realistic scenarios.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

It is not realistic to expect the average person to max out a hotspot the entire time it's active.

It's also not realistic for someone to only use 100kb/s of data while on the hotspot. When I load up LTT forum, my data spikes up to 400kb/s down. Think of something like facebook where you'd be loading many images. Or Youtube, where you may be streaming HD video.

Project MiniConsole

You're right they'd probably use less.

It's also not realistic for someone to only use 100kb/s of data while on the hotspot.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This is really cool. Though I do wonder how battery life would be effected if you had a 1/1mb connection. Also, I wonder what the iPad mini would score...