Samsung W2014 is world's first Snapdragon 800 flip phone

Youbetternot

This is for the LoLs, Samsung made a flip phone with a snapdragon processor. Guess what it cost over $1,640, that's right $1,640!!!. This is suck a troll by smasung, but I bet a person somewhere in the world will buy it.

samsung-w2014.jpg

China Telecom's obsession with Samsung's luxury clamshells isn't dwindling any time soon. In fact, the two companies have just launched a new model, the SCH-W2014, at their annual "Heart Of The World" charity concert in Nanjing last night. While it shares a similar appearance with the W2013 and the more recent Galaxy Golden, the new W2014 is by far the most powerful dual-screen flip phone in Samsung's line-up, featuring Android 4.3, a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 SoC, 2GB of RAM, a 13-megapixel main camera, a 2-megapixel front-facing imager and dual-SIM connectivity (CDMA2000 800/1900 and GSM 900/1800/1900). You'll also find 32GB of internal storage plus microSD expansion.

Compared to the Galaxy Golden and the W2013, the only notable downsides on the W2014 are the same 800 x 480 resolution on its 3.7-inch Super AMOLED displays, as well as its similar 1,900mAh battery capacity (but removable). On the flip side, the weight has gone down to 173.5g, making this the lightest model in the "Heart Of The World" clamshell family since the W699 -- the first of the series -- from 2008. 

There's no solid launch date or price just yet, but expect the W2014 to cost beyond CN¥10,000, which works out to be about US$1,640. Head over to PCPOP for more hands-on photos.

source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/02/samsung-w2014-snapdragon-800-flip-phone/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Looks like a nice collector's phone

Flip phones definitely aren't coming back. Good try, though, Samsung...

But hey, what do I know?

Sent from my iGeneric using iWontStopBlabbering v7.42

lul

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Is it strange that I actually like that concept?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Is it strange that I actually like that concept?

Same

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Wouldn't be bad if the pricing is close to other smartphones out there.

Wait, what? I thought flip phones were dead?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

If the price wasn't so high, I would definitely get it.

La`~

I'd get it if the price were comparable to other smart phones. Flip phone form factor is handy. A $1600 phone isn't.