The Apple Eco system

Well Hello there, I'm new to the LTT Forums and when I linked my steam account I didn't realize it would not let me actually put in my name but I'm Camden but I usually go by Cam.

Basically I didn't know how to make a video suggestion but maybe they are planning something like this already but I wanted to know your opinion on the "Apple Ecosystem " ( I'm sorry pc fans ) I recently completed my apple "family" with having my mac, Ipad, watch and of course Iphone. Personally although most dislike the high price tag and " useless features " I've been quite enjoying the features that bring all of my devices together. I'd love to see a video about all of it working cohesively but for now I just thought I'd ask for your opinions.  

I have given Apple chances and so many others have as well. 

I dislike Apple devices in general, but I must admit, the way the devices can work together with each other in a cohesive (albeit closed) ecosystem is really nice. I guess that's what comes of having your watch, phone, tablet, laptop and desktop all made by the same company.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

K cam. Apple is just too expensive for me, and I prefer android or Windows.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I dislike Apple devices in general, but I must admit, the way the devices can work together with each other in a cohesive (albeit closed) ecosystem is really nice. I guess that's what comes of having your watch, phone, tablet, laptop and desktop all made by the same company.

can understand your dislike for them. It took me awhile to warm up to it myself but, once you set everything up the way you want the feeling of starting a task on one device and being able to pick it up right again on a different one is a beautiful thing 

1 minute ago, ︻芫═── said:

can understand your dislike for them. It took me awhile to warm up to it myself but, once you set everything up the way you want the feeling of starting a task on one device and being able to pick it up right again on a different one is a beautiful thing 

Android and Windows can do anything

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, AustinBelleman said:

Fair enough Fair enough, I won't sit here arguing for apple because that wasn't my intent I wanted to see how some others saw it, but I feel like if Windows had that same feeling of continuity that you experience with the apple family of products.

4 minutes ago, ︻芫═── said:

That maybe true, but that itself is not enough for a lot of people to go for Apple. 

21 minutes ago, ︻芫═── said:

And Windows 10 will soon allow you to do the same thing, with any device running Windows, mobile or fixed.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

21 minutes ago, ︻芫═── said:

I know what you mean. I wouldn't switch entirely from Windows/Android products to Apple products just for the ecosystem, but for example if I already had an iPhone and needed a tablet I would seriously consider an iPad over anything else just for the continuity.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

22 minutes ago, AustinBelleman said:

So android can run IOS? I think not :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So android can run IOS? I think not :D 

The system doesn't allow terrible OS, :/

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

5 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I know what you mean. I wouldn't switch entirely from Windows/Android products to Apple products just for the ecosystem, but for example if I already had an iPhone and needed a tablet I would seriously consider an iPad over anything else just for the continuity.

Yeah I get where you are coming from, I'm not exactly sure what microsoft has to offer as far as bringing your devices together but I just love the feeling of having everything that I'm working on or using wherever I need it to be when I need it to be :P

1 minute ago, ︻芫═── said:

Yeah I get where you are coming from, I'm not exactly sure what microsoft has to offer as far as bringing your devices together but I just love the feeling of having everything that I'm working on or using wherever I need it to be when I need it to be :P

You can use Windows tablets as a second and smaller monitor. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, AustinBelleman said:

The system doesn't allow terrible OS, :/

Nah, apart from how uncustomizable IOS is, you can't really say it's the worse OS...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nah, apart from how uncustomizable IOS is, you can't really say it's the worse OS...

Yeah. Being the worst is my opinion entirely. The worst probably will be Hannah Montana linux. Just saying.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I've been iphone user for years and switched to android once and didn't like it - apps installing themselves, adds on home screen etc. I felt my device was being used by someone else all the time. iOS is simple and it does everything I need. Recently I got myself macbook air - my first mac ever and I love it, you can't beat apple touchpad its amazing to use and very comfortable. Installed Windows 10 bootcamp few days ago and so far its best laptop for windows 10 i've used (mainly because of trackpad) - bootcamp installs everything for you and you can run windows 10 bootcamp partition from within mac os with pararells VM as well. I needed windows as some office apps are only on that platform but so far its an amazing laptop and i also love how you can read, reply messages on macos when you connect it with iphone. I guess saying "once you go mac you never go back " is correct ;)  

2 minutes ago, bydus said:

I've been iphone user for years and switched to android once and didn't like it - apps installing themselves, adds on home screen etc. I felt my device was being used by someone else all the time. iOS is simple and it does everything I need. Recently I got myself macbook air - my first mac ever and I love it, you can't beat apple touchpad its amazing to use and very comfortable. Installed Windows 10 bootcamp few days ago and so far its best laptop for windows 10 i've used (mainly because of trackpad) - bootcamp installs everything for you and you can run windows 10 bootcamp partition from within mac os with pararells VM as well. I needed windows as some office apps are only on that platform but so far its an amazing laptop and i also love how you can read, reply messages on macos when you connect it with iphone. I guess saying "once you go mac you never go back " is correct ;)  

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

5 minutes ago, bydus said:

haha couldn't agree more with you. I'm using a 2015 macbook pro linked with my Iphone 6s and my apple watch. As it was mentioned above the ability to have everything together is great. 

12 minutes ago, AustinBelleman said:

You can use Windows tablets as a second and smaller monitor. 

When I was referring to everything working together that wasn't exactly what I meant, With my apple products I can use handy features like handoff that allow me to begin typing something on for example my mac book then being able to swipe up right off my lock screen and keep going on my iphone with no interruption and no drop. Or  the lovely Icloud linking for your features like Keynote pages and Numbers where like with handoff, everything is everywhere you would possibly need it to be

6 minutes ago, ︻芫═── said:

haha couldn't agree more with you. I'm using a 2015 macbook pro linked with my Iphone 6s and my apple watch. As it was mentioned above the ability to have everything together is great. 

When I was referring to everything working together that wasn't exactly what I meant, With my apple products I can use handy features like handoff that allow me to begin typing something on for example my mac book then being able to swipe up right off my lock screen and keep going on my iphone with no interruption and no drop. Or  the lovely Icloud linking for your features like Keynote pages and Numbers where like with handoff, everything is everywhere you would possibly need it to be

Kinda yeah 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

38 minutes ago, bydus said:

You had Ads on the home screen of Android? Apps were installing by themselves? You felt it was being "used" by someone else ? 

I feel like you were doing something wrong here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, ︻芫═── said:

Fair enough Fair enough, I won't sit here arguing for apple because that wasn't my intent I wanted to see how some others saw it, but I feel like if Windows had that same feeling of continuity that you experience with the apple family of products.

I can personally speak that the Google ecosystem is OK. Docs is magical, Gmail is great, and Android very usable. I wish they'd drop Google + though. 

- snip-

1 minute ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I can personally speak that the Google ecosystem is OK. Docs is magical, Gmail is great, and Android very usable. I wish they'd drop Google + though. 

Oogle-

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

49 minutes ago, bydus said:

Dude... That's very not normal. Your phone probably had a virus. 

- snip-

1 hour ago, ︻芫═── said:

Being able to use your iPhone as a laser presenter/pointer when giving a Keynote presentation is awesome as well. 

Can't find an app for my iPhone to do that with Powerpoint.