Never buying another video from Amazon digitally again.

Maximoose

So today I was about to go and stream a movie I paid for from Amazon and found it to be "currently unavailable." You may think that this is just some technical difficulty. Not at all. After further research I discovered that, if the licence of the movie/TV show changes, Amazon can hold the movie from you till the licencing issue is resolved. You may think this is just a temporary thing, but often it can be permanent. Amazon can hold a movie or TV show from you even if you already purchased it because of licencing. What the heck Amazon! I guess this is the price I have to pay for someone storing my digital content for me. I want Amazon to treat the stuff I purchase like I purchased a physical copy.

This is clearly a money making loophole that studios exploit to make viewers shell out an extra 20 bucks for a second copy of their movie. They use it like the premium cable except instead of pricing it at $4-5 they price it at $20 and exploit this loophole in Amazon's terms and conditions.

You can prevent your movies from beign taken away by downloading your movies to your devices, Amazon states that it is allowed for a user to download the content to avoid this potential "currently available" BS

Read more here.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

i never buy a movie anyway, i usually just rent off google play, cause the odds of me watching a movie enough to justify buying isn't enough.

4 minutes ago, Arty said:

i never buy a movie anyway, i usually just rent off google play, cause the odds of me watching a movie enough to justify buying isn't enough.

This can happen even to rentals given it happens in the time period you rent the movie for.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

You blame amazon but it's not their fault, they are bound by contracts with the MPAA and other studio groups to do this stuff and those assholes love to change licensing terms all the time because modernization of distribution is the devil. Netflix will do the same thing except it will just disappear never to be seen from again on their platform.

Edit: In the studio's eyes people LOVE to buy things many times over, buy a movie ticket, then buy it in some other form, then rent it, then buy it again on a special release. The movie studios love release windows and the more they can shove in there, the better, because customers LOVE it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Click Here to solve the problem

There not even much better. I have seem many movies disapear from netfilx.

If you want to keep the video, but a dvd or pirate it

9 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You blame amazon but it's not their fault, they are bound by contracts with the MPAA and other studio groups to do this stuff and those assholes love to change licensing terms all the time because modernization of distribution is the devil. Netflix will do the same thing except it will just disappear never to be seen from again on their platform.

Edit: In the studio's eyes people LOVE to buy things many times over, buy a movie ticket, then buy it in some other form, then rent it, then buy it again on a special release. The movie studios love release windows and the more they can shove in there, the better, because customers LOVE it.

They shouldn't have signed those contracts in the first place if they knew this would be part of it. They should have set their own standards and tell studios they would miss out on a fortune if they didn't agree,  like Apple did with their voicemail system for the iPhone.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There not even much better. I have seem many movies disapear from netfilx.

If you want to keep the video, but a dvd or pirate it

But there not chargeing you per movie

My life

you never own anything that you buy digitaly, you buy a licence to use that product untill they decide to change the agreements or shut down the service to you.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

I had an issue with Google a while back.   I got  a 4k blueray and buy movies when they drop in price.  The fact that i Can't download the movies i bought online pisses me off.  

(though i have considered setting up a server and somehow just streaming the video withoit googles knowlege...since you can  download them on a single device) 

Why not just buy a Netflix subscription? Besides the fact that they release theater titles like 2 years after their initial release into theaters...

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

who the fuck actually pays for software/films? 

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

I want Amazon to treat the stuff I purchase like I purchased a physical copy.

They dont have to. You agreed to their tos when you made an amazon account. You are only purchasing the right to watch the movie. You dont "own" it at all. Yeah, it sucks, but that is how it works. Same goes for steam or any other platform. Your best bet would be to contact amazon customer service and try and get a refund. Amazon is pretty good when it comes to customer service so you may be able to get your money back pretty quick. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1 minute ago, bob345 said:

They dont have to. You agreed to their tos when you made an amazon account. You are only purchasing the right to watch the movie. You dont "own" it at all. Yeah, it sucks, but that is how it works. Same goes for steam or any other platform. Your best bet would be to contact amazon customer service and try and get a refund. Amazon is pretty good when it comes to customer service so you may be able to get your money back pretty quick. 

"by clicking this box, you agree to our 600 page ToS. We'll assume you've read it" 

who reads the ToS? no one, fuck that.

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

7 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

"by clicking this box, you agree to our 600 page ToS. We'll assume you've read it" 

who reads the ToS? no one, fuck that.

You're the one clicking that you agree. It's not an assumption on their part, it's a legal agreement that you are agreeing to. It's no different from a contract you sign to buy a car.

The modern legal system is fucked but, in the system, it's your responsibility and not theirs to follow the ToS once you've agreed to it.

Just now, Sniperfox47 said:

You're the one clicking that you agree. It's not an assumption on their part, it's a legal agreement that you are agreeing to. It's no different from a contract you sign to buy a car.

The modern legal system is fucked but, in the system, it's your responsibility and not theirs to follow the ToS once you've agreed to it.

precisely. i'm just saying that ive never read a ToS, and I probably never will (cars/houses are exempt ofc)

bregsit

Spoiler