2017 DELL XPS 15 REVEALED/LEAKED

ryanthomp

So they predictions on the GTX 1050 were right. Fingerprint scanner is on the precision line, looks like the XPS line would be getting it too. Overall, these are some nice changes and I think the wait for the refresh was well worth it. What do you guys think? One thing I'm worried about is the pricing.

So dell posted their own product and its a "leak" ?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I just copied his title. i guess its why reveal is also in there, he also mentioned that it wasn't formally released.

Please clean up this post m8

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

37 minutes ago, ryanthomp said:

So they predictions on the GTX 1050 were right. Fingerprint scanner is on the precision line, looks like the XPS line would be getting it to. Overall, these are some nice changes and I think the wait for the refresh was well worth it. What do you guys think?

Moved to Laptops & Pre-Build Systems

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Come on Dell, gimme dat RX470.

Why go for that, when they could have went for 1060?

8 minutes ago, ryanthomp said:

OpenCL enterprise app acceleration. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

2 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

I have no idea what that is lol Mind explaining to me? 

8 minutes ago, ryanthomp said:

Because it's a notebook, which you can't exactly easily upgrade parts in, especially a GPU. So I'd rather have a GPU that's build for future APIs and keeps its speed for longer than a GPU which will essentially not improve at all, or very little. If I'm spending $1400+ on a notebook I wanna make sure that investment lasts for a heck-of-a-long time.

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Because it's a notebook, which you can't exactly easily upgrade parts in, especially a GPU. So I'd rather have a GPU that's build for future APIs and keeps its speed for longer than a GPU which will essentially not improve at all, or very little. If I'm spending $1400+ on a notebook I wanna make sure that investment lasts for a heck-of-a-long time.

How long would this to be release XPS 15 last? I plan on getting it once it comes out.

2 minutes ago, ryanthomp said:

I have no idea what that is lol Mind explaining to me? 

It's a form of GPU acceleration for computing things that aren't graphics. Open Compute Language is what it stands for, kinda AMD's/rest-of-the-industry's version of CUDA which is an nVidia exclusive.

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

It's a form of GPU acceleration for computing things that aren't graphics. Open Compute Language is what it stands for, kinda AMD's/rest-of-the-industry's version of CUDA which is an nVidia exclusive.

But isnt nvidia usually better for mid to high end graphics card? So why is the 1060 a bad option compared to the rx

Some of my thoughts: http://www.notebookcheck.net/XPS-15-9560-official-GTX-1050-Kaby-Lake-fingerprint-scanner-and-Windows-Hello.188069.0.html

Windows Hello, fingerprint scanner: yaassss

GTX 1050 should be about 50% faster than the 960m. But wait, is it a 1050 or a 1050Ti? Dell's website only says it's a GTX 1050 with 4GB of ram, but the desktop 1050 only has 2GB... so which is it?

Yeah, it looks awesome, but given how buggy the XPS are... I'm kind of leaning towards a T470p.

3 hours ago, Pendragon said:

As the enterprise world is working towards full parallel computing, something that isn't via with CUDA acceleration cause nVidia -_-, OpenCL is required. So alot of the top computer scientists in the world need to run custom hardware or AMD Firepros to work on their projects through OpenCL. I met up with AJ Guilion, one of the leading computer scientists in the world working with Khronos and OpenCL, a few months back at a Khronos event (I was there for something else but the inner computer geek pulled me away), and explained to me the basics of OpenCL acceleration on FPGAs. Quite a technical conversation, not sure I have the technical know how to tell it to you (cause I'm 100% I had no idea what he was saying). 

You can find lots of clips on youtube if you just google AJ Guilion and listen to his OpenCL application usages. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

I TOLD YOU SO. (just had to say it)

Eh decent upgrade, let me get a price cut on the old model :D 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 hours ago, Eason85 said:

Some of my thoughts: http://www.notebookcheck.net/XPS-15-9560-official-GTX-1050-Kaby-Lake-fingerprint-scanner-and-Windows-Hello.188069.0.html

Windows Hello, fingerprint scanner: yaassss

GTX 1050 should be about 50% faster than the 960m. But wait, is it a 1050 or a 1050Ti? Dell's website only says it's a GTX 1050 with 4GB of ram, but the desktop 1050 only has 2GB... so which is it?

Yeah, it looks awesome, but given how buggy the XPS are... I'm kind of leaning towards a T470p.

I mean to me it's definitely the dream laptop right now. Lets just hope they fix all the issues. Also yeah, fingerprint scanner is such a nice addition. Makes the laptop so much more cool! lol

3 hours ago, jasonwj322a said:

Looks the the site removed the features section. They found out i guess lol

Which proves that my previous title of it being "leaked" actually makes sense. It wasn't formally revealed. 

19 hours ago, ryanthomp said:

So they predictions on the GTX 1050 were right. Fingerprint scanner is on the precision line, looks like the XPS line would be getting it too. Overall, these are some nice changes and I think the wait for the refresh was well worth it. What do you guys think? One thing I'm worried about is the pricing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! jumps for joy, dances around the block, sets off fireworks and wakes up the neighbors

So excited for either a) the price to be affordable, or b) the older 9550 to drop in price.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)