What SINGLE game reminds you of your childhood?

3 Minute Reviewer
7 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Age of Empires II

Pokemon Blue/Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/SoulSilver

Final Fantasy 1-9 including Tactics and Advanced

Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) 3/1/2 and Monsters

Fire Emblem + The Sacred Stones (Thank God for Awakening on 3DS)

Super Mario World (and others)

Legend of Zelda (all of them)

Resident Evil (all of them, though 4 has a special place)

Legacy of Kain series

Legend of Dragoon

Legend of Legaia

Jade Cocoon 1/2

Vandal Hearts

and, finally, RuneScape and World of Warcraft

Ah yeah fire emblem is another one of those games that I love. Idk which it was but the US one with Lynn and Eliwood and Hector was my favorite, really like the new ones too

1 minute ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Street Fighter was a good arcade game.

The best flipper arcade game was Star Wars. What do you call those type of games? Mechanical flippers and the ball.

Pinball machine? I love those

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction - spent so many countless hours on that game hands down the best ever game Blizzard have made

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

2 minutes ago, Niemand said:

Mortal Kombat.

Sonya fucked me up real good.

Sonya_Blade02.jpg

Alright, she can beat me up anytime she wants.

Super Mario Bros 3, I played that game so much as a kid, and still will play it once in a blue moon just because it's still a great game.

As for some other games...
NES:

- The Legend of Zelda

SNES:

- Super Mario World

- Yoshi's Island

- Super Bomberman 2

PS1:

- Final Fantasy 7

- Final Fantasy 9

- Final Fantasy Tactics

PS2:
- Champions of Norrath

- Champions Return to Arms

- Bauldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1

- Bauldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

- Radiata Stories

PC:

- Starcraft: Brood War

- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

- Warlords Battlecry 2

- Dungeon Keeper

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

14 minutes ago, RxL said:

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction - spent so many countless hours on that game hands down the best ever game Blizzard have made

I agree, hopefully Blizzard releases a remake of Diablo II LOD some time in the near future, it'd be amazing to get some much higher resolution textures, effects, etc.. and support for resolutions such as 1080p, 1440p, 4K, etc..

They are working on a Starcraft HD remake, so Diablo II may not be too far behind it. Let's just hope they don't fuck it up like they did with Diablo 3... (Too light of a game, needs to be much darker, much more of what Diablo II was. Never played Diablo I, so I can't compare to how the feel of that game was)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, kmathieu2220 said:

I was just reminiscing about some of my favorite video games. While Pokémon and Super Smash bros were definitely staples of my 90's/00's childhood, it is Banjo Kazooie that shines the brightest in my memory. The bright colorful worlds, the simple and enjoyable game play, the fun and loveable characters, but above all else, the amazing and dynamic music that perfectly set the scene for every new world you entered and how it made subtle changes as you explored each new land. Banjo Kazooie is absolutely my favorite game, and I still play it to this day. What games bring you guys back to your childhood or stand out as some of the best you have ever played??

I would say Doom and Diablo for PC, Mario for NES and SNES.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

42 minutes ago, Niemand said:

xD

O my, YES!  I put a whole bunch of hours into that on a old laptop.  Think the disk is around here somewhere.  Even have the other Sim City game that allowed you to drive around in the city too.  I would also play Sim City on my Uncle's SNES.

Plus, I have to say Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing.  I got ridiculous good at those two games when I was a kid.

Only other game I say a played a crazy amount as a kid was a MS-DOS game called Tanks Wars.  That game was super fun to play with others.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

6 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

I agree, hopefully Blizzard releases a remake of Diablo II LOD some time in the near future, it'd be amazing to get some much higher resolution textures, effects, etc.. and support for resolutions such as 1080p, 1440p, 4K, etc..

They are working on a Starcraft HD remake, so Diablo II may not be too far behind it. Let's just hope they don't fuck it up like they did with Diablo 3... (Too light of a game, needs to be much darker, much more of what Diablo II was. Never played Diablo I, so I can't compare to how the feel of that game was)

Blizzard are in the process od making an event for the diablo anniverary in Diablo 3 where the game its self will look all d2 esque i know im probs missing information but you can find more information online or maybe i have missed it because it just looked dreadul :(

Fingers crossed they do make a remake of diablo II i for sure would stop my WoW sub and quit playing wow and just go full time on D2 like back in the day :)

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

2 minutes ago, RxL said:

Blizzard are in the process od making an event for the diablo anniverary in Diablo 3 where the game its self will look all d2 esque i know im probs missing information but you can find more information online or maybe i have missed it because it just looked dreadul :(

Fingers crossed they do make a remake of diablo II i for sure would stop my WoW sub and quit playing wow and just go full time on D2 like back in the day :)

Even if they don't remake D2, it's still enjoyable to play, especially if you can get a game going with some friends.

I'd recommend hardcore for an extra challenge, be sure to watch out for duriel and pretty much all of act 3 :P

9 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

O my, YES!  I put a whole bunch of hours into that on a old laptop.  Think the disk is around here somewhere.  Even have the other Sim City game that allowed you to drive around in the city too.  I would also play Sim City on my Uncle's SNES.

Which one? o.O

I only played 2000, 89, a demo of 3000, a demo of Societies (which had nice buildings but SUCKED), a Japanese version called Jr. (which was fun, but I can't read Japanese), a demo of the most recent one launched in 2013 (which lacks a proper title tbh, why not SimCity 2013 or SimCity 5?) and the mobile version on iOS.

Do you mean SimCity Societies where you can follow citizens around as they perform their shenanigans?

10 minutes ago, Niemand said:

Which one? o.O

I only played 2000, 89, a demo of 3000, a demo of Societies (which had nice buildings but SUCKED), a Japanese version called Jr. (which was fun, but I can't read Japanese), a demo of the most recent launched in 2013 (which lacks a proper title tbh, why not SimCity 2013 or SimCity 5?) and the mobile version on iOS.

Do you mean SimCity Societies where you could follow citizens around while they performed their shenanigans?

Nah, it worked with 2000.  Darn it, where are those CDs at.  I got both around here somewhere.

Ah, the other was called Streets of SimCity.

Streets_of_SimCity_cover.png

I miss vehicle death matches.

48 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Pinball machine? I love those

It is so hard to find places with pinball machines anymore.  :dry:

I had a blast with a friend when he manage to buy a perfectly working Terminator Judgement Day pinball machine.  Talk about a blast trying to beat each other's scores.  A neat thing is to open an old one up and see all the old daughter boards and speakers in them.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

8 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Nah, it worked with 2000.  Darn it, where are those CDs at.  I got both around here somewhere.

Ah, the other was called Streets of SimCity.

Streets_of_SimCity_cover.png

I miss vehicle death matches.

I had no idea this existed.

I'm still angry over Societies. I loved the buildings, and you could really get down to street level. But if your city didn't have enough venues, your citizens would start tearing the whole place apart. Imagine destroying your workplace because you're angry that you can't eat at a restaurant.

I set my town on fire so many times.

Spore!

Or Fate (demo)!

Or rollercoaster tycoons or simcitys or... Oh wiat, single game? Shit. :P

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

15 minutes ago, Niemand said:

I had no idea this existed.

I'm still angry over Societies. I loved the buildings, and you could really get down to street level. But if your city didn't have enough venues, your citizens would start tearing the whole place apart. Imagine destroying your workplace because you're angry that you can't eat at a restaurant.

I set my town on fire so many times.

xD so true. I had 3000 and societies. 3000 gave me scale and management challenge, and Societies gave me customization and fun interactions. But societies got farmable real fast. Those oil plants... Holy shit. Money everywhere. Also, its basically an illogical communist city building game if you think about it. Why does all the money go to you? xD

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Get low

Spoiler

66238-Need_For_Speed_Underground-1.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Get low

Hide contents

man. look at how shit nfs has become

11 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Get low

Reveal hidden contents

I bought a racing wheel for that game.

Here's one I enjoyed:

198993_74213_front.jpg

...Mechwarrior II as well...

Star Wars Tie Fighter - D.O.F.E.

Arena (TES)

Wing Commander II (can't remember which one)

Jagged Alliance

Lands Of Lore II - G.O.D.

...I will stop at PC games.

Burnout 3 always get the memories of playing it with my dad on the og xbox

and nfs underground 1

I played F-Zero GX on the GameCube SOOO much was I was young.  I actually got pretty good at it, too! :)  Man...those were the days...

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

12 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Star Wars Tie Fighter - D.O.F.E.

Which reminds me, Force Unleashed should be on my list.

Force push is so fun. I could do it all day.

39 minutes ago, YedZed said:

xD so true. I had 3000 and societies. 3000 gave me scale and management challenge, and Societies gave me customization and fun interactions. But societies got farmable real fast. Those oil plants... Holy shit. Money everywhere. Also, its basically an illogical communist city building game if you think about it. Why does all the money go to you? xD

I had a love/hate relationship with it (and I only played the demo).

What I liked about societies is that you could even edit people's names in it. Really cool if you want to build a small town.