What's up with coverage of AMD?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:56 PM, XenosTech said:

They need to pull their socks up and improve the quality of the reviews and it's still a stupid complaint to make when you know full whenn you were using the wrong gpu to begin with.

an rx 480 crossfire setup is the only way that he'd be able to get the monitor maxed out. and he'd have to deal with crappy numbers from scaling issues. I bought the monitor. I have a gtx 1080. I don't know anyone with an rx 480 (or 2) with this monitor. its just dumb. if you have allotted 250 dollars to a gpu and 700 dollars to a monitor...you're doing things very wrong. he even addressed it, saying that he'd revisit it when there was a card on the amd side that could run the monitor to its fullest.
Why does nobody throw flack at CritTV for this exact reason? they did the same thing if I'm not mistaken.

There's just no good Team Red solution to this monitor. If you want to be mad about it, be mad at NVidia for making g-sync the way it is.

6 minutes ago, lettuce head said:

an rx 480 crossfire setup is the only way that he'd be able to get the monitor maxed out. and he'd have to deal with crappy numbers from scaling issues. I bought the monitor. I have a gtx 1080. I don't know anyone with an rx 480 (or 2) with this monitor. its just dumb. if you have allotted 250 dollars to a gpu and 700 dollars to a monitor...you're doing things very wrong. he even addressed it, saying that he'd revisit it when there was a card on the amd side that could run the monitor to its fullest.
Why does nobody throw flack at CritTV for this exact reason? they did the same thing if I'm not mistaken.

There's just no good Team Red solution to this monitor. If you want to be mad about it, be mad at NVidia for making g-sync the way it is.

Still doesn't change the fact the review was stupid on a whole... If you don't have the GPU to use  the monitor to it's full potential then don't review it, set it aside til you get a gpu capable of doing so and their reviews on a whole have been going downhill in quality.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Still doesn't change the fact the review was stupid on a whole... If you don't have the GPU to use  the monitor to it's full potential then don't review it, set it aside til you get a gpu capable of doing so and their reviews on a whole have been going downhill in quality.

I'd imagine people were asking about the monitor. I think it was a dumb time to make the monitor available if there's no gpu to power it.

1 minute ago, lettuce head said:

I'd imagine people were asking about the monitor. I think it was a dumb time to make the monitor available if there's no gpu to power it.

Well if people were asking about it he should  of just said "I don't have a GPU to get max use of it" and if ppl qq'ed then let them qq, don't give them ammunition to shoot you in the Achilles.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 hours ago, lettuce head said:

Because CritTV is dead and nobody cares about them.

I agree that it's pretty silly to expect them to test the really high end monitor with a mid-range card which won't run games at the native resolution properly though. That monitor, with an AMD build, would not make much sense, and as a result the review had to leave out important things too.

48 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Because CritTV is dead and nobody cares about them.

I agree that it's pretty silly to expect them to test the really high end monitor with a mid-range card which won't run games at the native resolution properly though. That monitor, with an AMD build, would not make much sense, and as a result the review had to leave out important things too.

Well he coulda just used two GPUs, which WOULD have ran 100 FPS just fine. by using two GPUs you also prove how beneficial Freesync/G-sync can be do eliminate multi-gpu stutter.

But in the end, he DID NOT do that, and as a result we are left with a clusterfuck of a review

On 12/20/2016 at 10:20 AM, Energycore said:

See there is a problem with LTT videos as of late. It's not about them being biased against AMD although I do think they are even if not consciously so (the vast majority of bias is not acknowledged, duh), it's more that it's just been crap content. Half arsed reviews, uninformed opinions that they send out like they don't hold the responsibility of a media outlet (they do), and a whole bunch of not wanting to admit to making any mistake at all.

Hell we all pointed out that on the Holiday buyer's guide he told people to buy an NZXT S340 + a 5.25" Optical drive on the same build, even though the S340 has no bays for said drive. Did he correct it? No.

What about the time when we all said that he should have reviewed Freesync on that monitor? His response in a nutshell was "Why would anyone want to run this monitor with an AMD card?"

Really though Linus has become the cnet of tech youtubers. I hope that this dip in quality corresponds to a dip in their revenue.

don't forget the EVGA NEX fuckup on the $1700 build guide a few months back; now everyone seems to be buying the mediocre NEX :/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:20 PM, Energycore said:

See there is a problem with LTT videos as of late. It's not about them being biased against AMD although I do think they are even if not consciously so (the vast majority of bias is not acknowledged, duh), it's more that it's just been crap content. Half arsed reviews, uninformed opinions that they send out like they don't hold the responsibility of a media outlet (they do), and a whole bunch of not wanting to admit to making any mistake at all.

Hell we all pointed out that on the Holiday buyer's guide he told people to buy an NZXT S340 + a 5.25" Optical drive on the same build, even though the S340 has no bays for said drive. Did he correct it? No.

What about the time when we all said that he should have reviewed Freesync on that monitor? His response in a nutshell was "Why would anyone want to run this monitor with an AMD card?"

Really though Linus has become the cnet of tech youtubers. I hope that this dip in quality corresponds to a dip in their revenue.

I agree... I honestly don't know why I watch LTT anymore I think its because I don't want to miss that 1/10 videos they make that actually correspond to me.  I really need to quit watching it so I can vote with my wallet.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE