Post your RYZEN bench scores! :)

it dosent matter if this new amd cpu beats intel's high end who buys that if they get that middle of the range market and a entry level to the high end there good they have a large chunk of consumers 

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

wait for ryzen before you upgrade

maybe, but i'm thinking more of an e5 2670 v2 and x79 mobo for $370-400 SGD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

E5 2670, would like to see a single opteron do better.Ryzen bench.png

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Y'all act like ryzen is going to be 150$ at launch, when realistically I would expect it to be more around 700$<. As someone stated before amd isn't going to be able to cut intels prices that hard by any means. 

29 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i need an upgrade :/

Untitled.png

Y?

Ryzen is 54 secs

Your cpu is about 66 seconds longer. Not bad for a 5+ year old cpu.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Should I leave it overnight? 

yeah.png

I am using i5 4460 if you can't tell

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

yeah.png

I am using i5 4460 if you can't tell

um, what cpu are you using? all i c is ryzen

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

22 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

um, what cpu are you using? all i c is ryzen

im gonna wipe my thermal paste and take a pic of it with the name just for you

/jk. i am too poor to buy a new thermal paste

i5.png

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Y?

Ryzen is 54 secs

Your cpu is about 66 seconds longer. Not bad for a 5+ year old cpu.

The SR7 Ryzen cpu locked at 3.4GHz was  25s for the benchmark, making it almost 5x the speed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2016/12/13/amd-impresses-with-newly-branded-ryzen-cpu-demonstrations-and-product-details/

And with the Ryzen 8core getting roughly double the speed then my sandybridge 8core @3GHz (sr7 is probabbly about 30ish seconds doing napkin math at that speed) that means there is approximately a 56% improvement in IPC over sandybridge, it is possible Ryzen has better IPC then skylake then.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

say what you want lol i have screenshotted this entire thread and i will laugh at you all when ryzen launches and intel is forced to drop their prices by 50% and enable hyperthreading on i5's and basically dump the i3 lineup

You know, Ryzen will be competitively priced, correct? It won't be $200 for Ryzen, it'll probably cost you around $600-700 for this chip.

Anyways, here's my results:

VeuVht6.png

I used to be quite active here.

This is what I've been investing an i7 for! Muahaha take that ketchup i5's!

oVhfQS2.jpg

Maybe I should try to clock it to 5GHz >:D

3 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

Ryzen will PWN any intel CPU

3 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

say what you want lol i have screenshotted this entire thread and i will laugh at you all when ryzen launches and intel is forced to drop their prices by 50% and enable hyperthreading on i5's and basically dump the i3 lineup

2 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

regardless of what you go for, ryzen will shake up the CPU market and make the pricing better

I agree that Ryzen will help, but you should hold the fanboy type "Ryzen will PWN any intel CPU" comments until someone does 3rd party independent testing.  AMD has a tendency of making guys like you look bad.  :P  That screen shot you referenced works both ways.  :D

Anyways, here's my submission with a 5960x at 4.8 GHz using the default 150 sample set provided by AMD.

5960x @ 4.8 GHz (27.29) zoom.JPG

5960x @ 4.8 GHz (27.29).jpg

13 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

5960x @ 4.8 GHz (27.29) zoom.JPG

Holy hell.

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Ryzen is 54 secs

1 hour ago, SLAYR said:

The SR7 Ryzen cpu locked at 3.4GHz was  25s for the benchmark, making it almost 5x the speed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2016/12/13/amd-impresses-with-newly-branded-ryzen-cpu-demonstrations-and-product-details/

And with the Ryzen 8core getting roughly double the speed then my sandybridge 8core @3GHz (sr7 is probabbly about 30ish seconds doing napkin math at that speed) that means there is approximately a 56% improvement in IPC over sandybridge, it is possible Ryzen has better IPC then skylake then.

@SLAYR The 25 second time you are referencing is from the 100 Sample set, which was a previous event for press only.  35 seconds is the correct time if you are using the AMD file from their website to compare your CPU to the Ryzen CPU from the New Horizon event.

They had two different events.  One time they ran the test at 100 Samples, which resulted in a 25 second run.  The second time, which was the New Horizon event, they ran it at 150 Samples, which resulted in a 35 second run.  

The file that AMD uploaded for us to compare with is the 150 Sample set so 35 seconds as the time to beat.

They intentionally or unintentionally confused a lot of people by doing it this way at two separate event.  Unfortunately, your rough IPC calculation is based on a combination of facts from both so it's off.

They issued a challenge to everyone then flooded the streets with different files and test settings, which made it hard to take them up on their challenge.  All is sorted out now, but there are still a lot of people confused.

Capture.JPG

43 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Holy hell.

Yeah. haha.

I had to clock the old chip up to get that and there's a bit more left.  I was initially upset, but James from AMD corrected the mistake in sample size provided to the public as apposed to the one they actually ran in the New Horizon event.

The file that they initially uploaded to they sight defaulted to 200 samples so if you tried to compare your CPU to the Ryzen you got extremely bad results.  They then uploaded the 150 Sample file and now everyone can more accurately compare with the Ryzen chip.

@DocYoda You should modify your OP to includ the 35 second time set by the Ryzen chip during the New Horizon event where they issued the challenge.  After all that was the point of AMD providing this file to us.  To compare our current setups to Ryzen.

Stock no turbo

r2.JPG

Stock w/turbo

ry1.JPG

OC @4.4GHz

R4.JPG

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Very nice run!

AMD had theirs at stock with turbo disable, so I did the same to have a almost equal level and fair comparison. :D

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

AMD had theirs at stock with turbo disable, so I did the same to have a almost equal level and fair comparison. :D

I personally could care less what a chip does at stock speed.  I hope that Ryzen will actually overclock well.  Intel Extreme chips are routinely hitting 50+ % overclocks so if it can at least match that, I'll pick one up to add to the arsenal.  :D

15 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Stock no turbo

r2.JPG

Stock w/turbo

ry1.JPG

OC @4.4GHz

R4.JPG

Awesome :o

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

7 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

hype is getting in the way of people's common sense.. >.> 

Well actually, my hype is being tempered already.  I would love for AMD to surpass Intel in IPC by at least as much as they've fallen behind. (My brief estimates looking at some user benchmark sites put the FX-x3xx series on par with Core 2 Quad Q6xxx to Nehalem i7-9xx or so.)  But, I don't see that happening, at least with this upcoming launch.

7 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

7 hours ago, masterkickass7 said:

no the i3 would replace the pentium line with that type of pricing as well

I'd love to see both companies step up their per-generation improvements in performance/$ and performance/watt.

While it'd be awesome to have, say, a Coffee/Cannonlake Celeron-Y absolutely *destroy* (in 1-thread CineBench) 8 Kaby Lake Xeon E7s in multi-thread CineBench .... I think I'd be happy enough this go-around if they'd just make the Nvidia GPU Kepler -> Maxwell -> Pascal improvements look like Skylake -> Kaby Lake or Haswell -> Haswell Refresh. :)  Then going forward, I want both companies to have per-generation/year improvements that put the 1980s & 1990s era to shame.

6 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

i'm not a fanboy, im just happy intel cant get away with robbing people anymore

6 hours ago, Matu20 said:

So am I, but come on, try to remain realistic. AMD would not undercut Intel so much, they need to earn profit as well.

While I don't expect it to happen, what might the pricing structure be like if ALL the Intel CPUs, from the cheapest Atom/Celeron-Y to the most expensive Xeon E7, were priced with the same profit margins across the board?  (Idk whether to use $ or % for the hypothetical scenario though.)

2 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I personally could care less what a chip does at stock speed.  I hope that Ryzen will actually overclock well.  Intel Extreme chips are routinely hitting 50+ % overclocks so if it can at least match that, I'll pick one up to add to the arsenal.  :D

I'd REALLY like to get that same 50% OC on my i7-4790K.  I hope upgrading from my 212 Evo to a 240mm AIO would enable it.  BUT, in brief testing, I had to step voltage up to 1.35V to get 4.8 GHz, only a 9% OC over the stock 1-core boost. :( (4.7 GHz could manage at 1.25V.)

(hopefully the formatting isn't too bad ... It's hard to see everything to edit/format on my phone, in spite of higher resolution than my desktop's monitor! :o )

6 hours ago, dexT said:

On air currently 

ryzen bench.png

I'm curious, what air cooler and max temps are you getting?

2x e5 2670

c4dc583fe8ce4f848cd9d17562cae127.png

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex