zMeul
Just now, dissenxd said:

-

you don't care, good

there are plenty of people who do care

Just now, zMeul said:

you don't care, good

there are plenty of people who do care

Well obviously you care, but how much is it even going to affect you anyways. Also I don't see why they don't just add it, there must be a legit reason. There is no good in pissing off the people who give you money.

7 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Well would you be happy if your game cut out mid session because say your router released your dhcp ip? Or if your pc had a hickup and lost connection?

Those things happen so fast that to the user it just seems like a slow connection. But for an always online game it counts as a disconnect and which shut you out of your game.

Who do you complain to if you play offline mode, and suddenly the power drops? You call the power company and yell at them for not being able to play offline?

or what if your computer hard freezes, complain to every manufactor of hardware in your computer?

Things like this can and will happen, it's just how things are in the digital world.

I have been disconnected from games cause of router issues or what not.

I run static ips anyways :P

both from isp and internally.

But guess what, you can start the game up again. Is it annoying? Yes, but so is restarting a crashed computer, yet no one complains about that.

I'd understand if it was like 1 session only game or something. But it's not.

Main rig:
Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme3 | CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.3Ghz with Noctua NH-D14 | RAM: HyperX Fury DD4 2133MHz 16GB (4x4GB) | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition | PSU: Corsair AX760i | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (White) | Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Toshiba 3TB | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Displays: BenQ XL2410T (120Hz) + 1xBenQ G2420HD (60Hz) | Keyboard: CM Storm Rapid I (Brown switches) | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 363D

Just now, JanFrode said:

Who do you complain to if you play offline mode, and suddenly the power drops? You call the power company and yell at them for not being able to play offline?

or what if your computer hard freezes, complain to every manufactor of hardware in your computer?

Things like this can and will happen, it's just how things are in the digital world.

But guess what, you can start the game up again. Is it annoying? Yes, but so is restarting a crashed computer, yet no one complains about that.

Average consumer doesnt run static. What you do doesnt matter when 99% of the user base doesnt.

power dropping out is staggeringly less likely to happen than the internet cutting out. Im sure you know that, so why bother comparing it. Doesnt equate. 

Computer freezing happnes. But do we need to add an additional concern and frustration when playing a video game on pc? Quite simply no we dont. No one likes having to restart an hour long level.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

36 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Ubi's services go down, game playable? nope

your internet goes down, game playable? nope

absolutely nothing wrong with always online DRM ... :dry:

Honestly, I've experienced this 2, maybe 3 times that I can remember having annoyed me. In a span of 15-16 years.

Everyone is always thinking the worst case possible. Stop it... :dry:

Main rig:
Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme3 | CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.3Ghz with Noctua NH-D14 | RAM: HyperX Fury DD4 2133MHz 16GB (4x4GB) | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition | PSU: Corsair AX760i | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (White) | Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Toshiba 3TB | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Displays: BenQ XL2410T (120Hz) + 1xBenQ G2420HD (60Hz) | Keyboard: CM Storm Rapid I (Brown switches) | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 363D

45 minutes ago, JanFrode said:

I don't understand this..

Clearly...

46 minutes ago, JanFrode said:

How many here are without internet?

Not many, but some I imagine. I'm going to be traveling a lot next year and I cant guarantee that I will have an internet connection everywhere I go, so it would suck to download a game just for it to say "you aren't connected to the web" and lock me out even though it doesn't really need internet connection. 

My home ISP(AT&T, the only option) is also fairly unreliable, which it would suck to come home from work just to find out I can't play a game because of an artificial limitation. What would suck even more is if I play for an hour and I cant save the game because "cloud save" isn't available. What if Ubi's servers are down? Or better yet, when I want to go down a nostalgia trip in 20 years and both Ubi and their servers are gone, I wouldn't be able to play unless they patch the game or I pirate it.

55 minutes ago, JanFrode said:

If your internet drop, take a walk or something for fuck sake.

How about no? If I pay for a game why cant I play it?(when my internet is down or I'm in a place without it) If the solution is "to do something else" that's exactly what I'll do instead of buying this game. Great sales pitch Ubi.

58 minutes ago, JanFrode said:

People "demand" to be online 24/7, but when a game requires you to be online.. "No! Fuck this online bullshit!"

And yet the two things you listed have no correlation. I do want a reliable internet connection(24/7 uptime), but since I don't have that I would like to play an offline game without it complaining about the lack of internet.

Do you understand now?

2 minutes ago, JanFrode said:

Honestly, I've experienced this 2, maybe 3 times that I can remember having annoyed me. In a span of 15-16 years.

Everyone is always thinking the worst case possible. Stop it... :dry:

~2+ days ago Ubi services went down for a whole day

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

Clearly...

Not many, but some I imagine. I'm going to be traveling a lot next year and I cant guarantee that I will have an internet connection everywhere I go, so it would suck to download a game just for it to say "you aren't connected to the web" and lock me out even though it doesn't really need internet connection. 

My home ISP(AT&T, the only option) is also fairly unreliable, which it would suck to come home from work just to find out I can't play a game because of an artificial limitation. What would suck even more is if I play for an hour and I cant save the game because "cloud save" isn't available. What if Ubi's servers are down? Or better yet, when I want to go down a nostalgia trip in 20 years and both Ubi and their servers are gone, I wouldn't be able to play unless they patch the game or I pirate it.

How about no? If I pay for a game why cant I play it?(when my internet is down or I'm in a place without it) If the solution is "to do something else" that's exactly what I'll do instead of buying this game. Great sales pitch Ubi.

And yet the two things you listed have no correlation. I do want a reliable internet connection(24/7 uptime), but since I don't have that I would like to play an offline game without it complaining about the lack of internet.

Do you understand now?

What I do understand, is that an developer can never win against customers, there will always be someone that has issues with something they do. Regardless what they do, it'/ essentially a lose-lose

Main rig:

tbh from what I have played of the multiplayer (which is fun as hell btw) is 98% of the game, and the single player is likely just to get you ready for that. The combat is pretty technical, and has a lot of components that make it up. But I haven't really seen much talk on the single play, and that seems to support what I think.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Just now, JanFrode said:

What I do understand, is that an developer can never win against customers, there will always be someone that has issues with something they do. Regardless what they do, it'/ essentially a lose-lose

Yep, but they can alleviate some of this by not using bullshit policies(such as DRM, added costs, etc.). I would rather complain about a games story being too short(or the death of the main character, or whatever) than complaining about not being able to play the game since it locked me out.

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

Yep, but they can alleviate some of this by not using bullshit policies(such as DRM, added costs, etc.). I would rather complain about a games story being too short(or the death of the main character, or whatever) than complaining about not being able to play the game since it locked me out.

I guess we just have different views about stuff. You have your views, I got mine, we might agree on some, and disagree on others, and I respect that.
But for games (with some singleplayer aspect) that mainly focuses on online multiplayer gameplay, I don't see any problems with always online DRM, even tho it would affect singleplayer if it fails.
If the game is purely a singleplayer game, then yes, always online DRM is a bad thing.

Main rig:

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

Honestly not a big deal for me, or likely 98% of customers as persistent internet connections are common these days even with entry level DSL plans. 

If you can honestly cross your hand on your heart and swear that you play your games without access to the internet for the majority of the time then comment below.

Might be an issue for console release though... That would suck. 

*gingerly raises hand*

I'm not vers d on this game, but if online play is a major component to the game anyway, there isn't much to miss. If the game is largely a single player experience, then yes, online only is a stupid requirement. 

Given the headache Steam gave me in installing Skyrim onto my offline desktop (downloaded on tablet via work wifi then transferred over and attempt to run), I will say DRM deserves to die. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

If you can honestly cross your hand on your heart and swear that you play your games without access to the internet for the majority of the time then comment below.

Here too. I play games on the go, like when I'm commuting. And even at home my ISP is incredibly unreliable in the summer which is when I have the time to do the most gaming anyways.

4 hours ago, dissenxd said:

1: Thats a pretty rare occasion. Like once a month at most

eh? its rare but it hapens once a month...........da fuq

4 hours ago, dissenxd said:

Well obviously you care, but how much is it even going to affect you anyways. Also I don't see why they don't just add it, there must be a legit reason. There is no good in pissing off the people who give you money.

racism dosnt affect me that make it right?

4 hours ago, JanFrode said:

diferant thing. this is like having your mobile phone go off every time the power goes off regardless of battery. its avoidable

3 hours ago, JanFrode said:

cdprojektred did well with the witcher.....its like they cant do anything wrong

its not hard, in 2016 always online DRM for singleplayer titles is stupid and pointless.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

6 hours ago, zMeul said:

Ubisoft eventually goes under (nothing lasts forever, period) or shut these services down for some other reason, game playable? nope

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

16 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Ubisoft eventually goes under (nothing lasts forever, period) or shut these services down for some other reason, game playable? nope

how many GFWL were patched and playable today?

Just now, zMeul said:

how many GFWL were patched and playable today?

No clue honestly, never dealt with GFWL. Not many?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

28 minutes ago, Urishima said:

In that case i think its legal to pirate it, if some idiot tries to sue you for it just show them the box you bought... (Or the purchase verification e-mail...)

Edited by jagdtigger

6 hours ago, zMeul said:

This is primarily a multiplayer game... if either your internet goes down or their servers are down, you can't play the game anyway. I understand the annoyance if it's a single player game but this isn't.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

Just now, treeroy said:

This is primarily a multiplayer game...

no it isn't

it's a single player and has MP too - calling it primarily MP is a lie

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

no it isn't

it's a single player and has MP too - calling it primarily MP is a lie

Nope, stop lying to yourself. If you have seen anything about this game you know it is a multiplayer game with tacked on single player, just like call of duty or battlefield. Battlefield which incidentally you need always  online even for single player and no one cares.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

12 minutes ago, treeroy said:

Nope, stop lying to yourself

what the game's creative director said:

It's a full story campaign, a cinematic adventure where you will play as the knights first as the Warden, then you play as the Raider, then you play as the Orochi... You'll play all through three different regions; the knights' homeland, the viking homeland, and the samurai homeland. You'll go on this great adventure... We built the campaign so that if you bought the game just for that, that you would be satisfied even if you never went online and played multiplayer. It's intended to be a full experience.

if they lied, add more wood to the fire

26 minutes ago, zMeul said:

what the game's creative director said:

if they lied, add more wood too the fire

Yeah that's bullshit, they proudly advertise it on their website as a (I quote) "multiplayer shooter with swords"

You see this every year, these companies big up their 4-hour campaigns because they don't trust consumers to buy outright multiplayer-only titles.

11 hours ago, JanFrode said:

I guess we just have different views about stuff. You have your views, I got mine, we might agree on some, and disagree on others, and I respect that.
But for games (with some singleplayer aspect) that mainly focuses on online multiplayer gameplay, I don't see any problems with always online DRM, even tho it would affect singleplayer if it fails.
If the game is purely a singleplayer game, then yes, always online DRM is a bad thing.

what if i want to play it on my laptop on the go. and it has a singleplayer mode. so if some popular singleplayer game like MGS also add an online mode throwing snowballs at each other or something then that automatically make always online DRM ok?