Bought a cheap i3 from china... now im worried.

Kebogu,
Go to solution Solved by 8-Bit Ninja,
1 minute ago, Kebogu, said:

What is OEM

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

In the case of a cpu it means that the processor is meant for a company that builds pcs. for example dell or hp, because of this is has no warranty, and so if you have a problem with the processor the only thing you can do is try and get a refund from the seller. 

On december 6th i bought an i3 6100 processor on ebay for $46, it says it will arrive on jan 3rd

The whole deal seemed fishy (no rating on the seller) but i let the "bargain" take over my good judgement. Now im worried...

What do any of you think i should do now?

Should i try to cancel the order?

Could it actually be a great processor thats really cheap and im very lucky? 

-snip-

You won't really know until you get it. More than likely it's a OEM processor with no retail warranty. I mean as long as it boots up and works, I see no issues.

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

You won't really know until you get it. More than likely it's a OEM processor with no retail warranty. I mean as long as it boots up and works, I see no issues.

What is OEM

Just now, Kebogu, said:

What is OEM

Pretty much it's a CPU sold to big manufacturers. It's cheap because it has no warranty from Intel. The idea is that the company that buys these warranty free CPUs provide their own warranty (Dell, HP, etc). As long as it works, survives some stress tests, you should be fine.

What is OEM

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

In the case of a cpu it means that the processor is meant for a company that builds pcs. for example dell or hp, because of this is has no warranty, and so if you have a problem with the processor the only thing you can do is try and get a refund from the seller. 

Man, the delivery time is more than 3 weeks away. 
Advice: think before you buy.....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Don't worry to be quite honest. There are many other reasons to think it isn't a good buy and the fact that it is cheap and has no warranty isn't particularly a reason. If it works, then it works.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

Man, the delivery time is more than 3 weeks away. 
Advice: think before you buy.....

Noted

5 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Don't worry to be quite honest. There are many other reasons to think it isn't a good buy and the fact that it is cheap and has no warrenty isn't particularly a reason. If it work, then it works.

Thank you, this gives me some piece of mind, i hope it turns out well

Just hope it's not made out of clay

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Well if it's actually an i3 6100 then that's an awesome deal. You won't really know until you get it though. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well its official, i got scammed. Seller wont answer me and i got nothing, ebay will hopefully refund me on the 10th

21 minutes ago, Kebogu, said:

Well its official, i got scammed. Seller wont answer me and i got nothing, ebay will hopefully refund me on the 10th

Its the Jan 3rd the last day of expected arrival ? It usually gives you a range of expected arrival time. If it is just the beginning of that expected time - Wait till the end. If it is the last then yes it is late, but give it some time. Although if the seller ignores you and does not respond then eBay should look to that and take an action. Also try to go to the post office , and ask if there is any delivery with your name or address. This happened to me 2 times , when the letter from mail saying that my package is here did not reach me. I got to check it myself.