Building up a new machine for 2K€

nexusartz

Hit, i wanted some help for the pieces i have to choice for making my next PC.

I want to build a PC not over 2 100 € for both Gaming and Video/3D rendering so i wanted to know if this kind of PC can do perfectly both ? :)

There is the Picture with all components : 

1481562806-config-sur-materiel-net.png

If you have some advices or some components to change it will be good for me :D

Have a nice Week !

PS : Sorry for my bad English, as you see i'm French so i d'ont write and speak English perfectly :S

I would change the PSU. Why go for red ram and red MSI gpu when you have a blue white case?

Seems nice

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

PSU seems fine, yeah I like it.

Tier 4

• Antec - EarthWatts/EA Green, Earthwatts Platinum
  • be Quiet! - Power Zone, Pure Power L9, Straight Power E9, Pure Power L8

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I would change the PSU. Why go for red ram and red MSI gpu when you have a blue white case?

Seems nice

What kind of PSU will be good ? 

I know it was an exemple i think i'm gonna take the Dark one but the same NZXT :)

Just now, nexusartz said:

What kind of PSU will be good ? 

I know it was an exemple i think i'm gonna take the Dark one but the same NZXT :)

EVGA GQ/G2

Corsair RM/RMx

Link me the site and I will search for you

Just now, Mobby Dick said:

Thought about an M.2 SSD?

I thought about the same Crucial 275Go in the m.2 SSD version but i don't really know the difference between these to and i'm kinda scared about M2 version that show up all inside :/

Um what about this, I put a 1080 in there.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rjDcgL
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rjDcgL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (£366.31 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£109.94 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£199.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (£179.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£162.53 @ BT Shop) 
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  (£143.33 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  (£638.99 @ Aria PC) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£78.95 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£122.32 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £2002.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-12 17:25 GMT+0000

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rjDcgL/by_merchant/

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (£179.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  (£143.33 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  (£638.99 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£122.32 @ Amazon UK) 

he lives in france though

:((

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

That's in pounds.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

5 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I prefer to let a 1070 and maybe put an SLI in one year but to stay with that motherboard :) And yes 2K Pounds it's 2.4 € so it's really expensive, i have to buy the screen :S

Just now, nexusartz said:

With the SuperNova 650 it's ok then ? 

yeah it is good

There is no CPU and you don't need SATA cables. The motherboard comes with them.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Interesting design proposal in comparison to my stability/integrity-leaning design.

Taking note of your build purpose, I have no qualms about your plan except when it comes to data storage choices. Seagate brand HDDs have been taking a significant amount of flak in recent years due to reported higher annual drive failure rate than its competitors. Unless you have a redundant storage or backup storage, the efforts in saved video editing and rendering information would be at risk of total loss.

I would have no complaints on having 16GB RAM quad-channel kit unless you plan on having more memory-intensive programs that can eat more physical memory and use the SSD as the virtual/page memory.

Any case, I am quite wide-eyed on your motherboard+processor choices, especially the liquid CPU cooler that can comfortably handle overclock states. Not going to ask whether or not that's necessary due to having the GPU doing the heavy rendering work, since you are the captain of your ship. That being said, that motherboard has the room for a workstation card when doing developer-grade renders or computer-aided design, or having a second SLI-compatible 1070 to distribute graphics processing at gaming-grade speeds.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Moved to New Builds & Planning

Thank you , i'm new so i didn't know were to put my topic :x

4 minutes ago, Aereto_Compuru said:

Interesting design proposal in comparison to my stability/integrity-leaning design.

Taking note of your build purpose, I have no qualms about your plan except when it comes to data storage choices. Seagate brand HDDs have been taking a significant amount of flak in recent years due to reported higher annual drive failure rate than its competitors. Unless you have a redundant storage or backup storage, the efforts in saved video editing and rendering information would be at risk of total loss.

I would have no complaints on having 16GB RAM quad-channel kit unless you plan on having more memory-intensive programs that can eat more physical memory and use the SSD as the virtual/page memory.

Any case, I am quite wide-eyed on your motherboard+processor choices, especially the liquid CPU cooler that can comfortably handle overclock states. Not going to ask whether or not that's necessary due to having the GPU doing the heavy rendering work, since you are the captain of your ship. That being said, that motherboard has the room for a workstation card when doing developer-grade renders or computer-aided design, or having a second SLI-compatible 1070 to distribute graphics processing at gaming-grade speeds.

I'm open to all proposition if you want to change something, the deal is that if you change the MotherBoard i have to go back to the i7 6800K because the 6850k only is a little bit expensive.

I choose the 6850K because the deal was good an make me save up nearly 200 € for a better CPU :)

10 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

There is no CPU and you don't need SATA cables. The motherboard comes with them.

It's a deal with Motherboard + CPU the i7 6850K 

And i need a Sata for the DVD :)

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

By the looks of the original post, the CPU is bundled with the motherboard. But yes, the board does come with SATA cables, but how many was included is the important part. I see 3 SATA-connected devices (HDD, SSD, and DVD-CD).

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

2 minutes ago, Aereto_Compuru said:

By the looks of the original post, the CPU is bundled with the motherboard. But yes, the board does come with SATA cables, but how many was included is the important part. I see 3 SATA-connected devices (HDD, SSD, and DVD-CD).

It have 2 Sata Cable include for HDD and SSD but i need one more for the DVD-CD ^^