i7 4770k Still relevant? Upgrade advice.

Hello there, I am still using the i7 4770k till now. Is it still good at gaming? or shall I upgrade it this upgrade cycle? It was working fine but almost 70% utilization in demanding which led me to question if it is going to hold on for much longer. Should I upgrade to let's say the 6700k? How long do you think the 4770k should last before it becomes obsolete? Thanks for you time.  

1 minute ago, Peter Eric said:

Hello there, I am still using the i7 4770k till now. Is it still good at gaming? or shall I upgrade it this upgrade cycle? It was working fine but almost 70% utilization in demanding which led me to question if it is going to hold on for much longer. Should I upgrade to let's say the 6700k? How long do you think the 4770k should last before it becomes obsolete? Thanks for you time.  

You should upgrade it when you can't do what you want on it

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

You should upgrade it when you can't do what you want on it

That's the problem, I am aiming at 1080p gaming and only 1080p. The games are becoming more and more demanding and I just want to know if it is going to last me let's say another year or to or not. Thanks.

Just now, Peter Eric said:

That's the problem, I am aiming at 1080p gaming and only 1080p. The games are becoming more and more demanding and I just want to know if it is going to last me let's say another year or to or not. Thanks.

Well can you still play the games you want to play on it if yes then no

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Well can you still play the games you want to play on it if yes then no

For now, I can. But what about the next couple of years? that's when I am upgrading again.

Just now, Peter Eric said:

For now, I can. But what about the next couple of years? that's when I am upgrading again.

Then wait a couple of years as lot's of people said "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

My life

Your 4770k will last as many years as the 2700k has lasted people. Probably longer. It's only 2 gens old excluding Broadwell.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:

Your 4770k will last as many years as the 2700k has lasted people. Probably longer. It's only 2 gens old excluding Broadwell.

That seems promising, Thanks.

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Then wait a couple of years as lot's of people said "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Probably my best choice, Thanks for your time.

Just now, stationvsbox said:

that CPU will do fine, just upgrade gfx

Alrighty, Thanks for your time.

Yeah the 4770K is a beast of a CPU, it shouldnt become a major bottleneck in the next 1,5 or 2 years at 1080p, with a decent overclock.

Groomlake Authority

More than sufficient for 1080p titles, and should be for the foreseeable future.

8 minutes ago, Peter Eric said:

We can't see into the future ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Linus said in the WAN show that 4th 5th and 6th gens are all just as good in games as 7th gen intel.

People mention that there is always a 1-5% increase from gen to gen. But Intel is holding back, always has been because AMD is always lagging behind.

3 hours ago, Peter Eric said:

4770K is a beast of a processor for gaming, and the 6700K is barely better...certainly not a worthy upgrade, you're all set for at least 2 more years with that CPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR