Cheap Legit Places to get Windows?

QuadNine

I recently bought an rx 460 and the required drivers only work on 64 bit systems, and I only have a 32 bit system. What is a legit cheap place I can get windows 7 64 bit?

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

Who says it has to be legit  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Fine, Kinguin's decent.)

I'm pretty sure you can use microsoft's free Windows 10 media creation tool and somehow transfer your licence

reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

kinguin,

inb4 the dont buy from gray market comments 

Everyone should own a vive.

Inafterdont buy from gray markets comments..

Dont buy from gray markets... jk jk idgaf

Kinguin is reliable 

You should be able to use your existing "32-bit" license with both 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 7.

You'll just have to reinstall Windows.

www.Microsoft.com is where to buy legit windows keys

if you want cheap, gray market keys, Kinguin

If you want free windows installs, then just download windows 10, don't put in a product key, and the only problem you will have is a small watermark in the bottom right.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Also going for kinguin, I've bought 3 games from them, if the code didn't work, immedietly got a new one that works. +1 for Kinguin's customer support, fast and easy 

Or Redditr/microsoftsoftwareswap

8 minutes ago, QuadNine said:

I recently bought an rx 460 and the required drivers only work on 64 bit systems, and I only have a 32 bit system. What is a legit cheap place I can get windows 7 64 bit?

An authorized retailer like Amazon during a sale. If you use Bing/Microsoft Rewards, you can get gift cards that will reduce the price significantly (eventually free). Newegg gets some good sales on it too during events.

Also, why are you using a card like that on hardware that's 32-bit? It's overkill for anything you'd use it for I'm guessing.

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

An authorized retailer like Amazon during a sale. If you use Bing/Microsoft Rewards, you can get gift cards that will reduce the price significantly (eventually free). Newegg gets some good sales on it too during events.

Also, why are you using a card like that on hardware that's 32-bit? It's overkill for anything you'd use it for I'm guessing.

I just had a random disc that was 32 bit lying around when I made the system

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

On 12/9/2016 at 11:08 PM, QuadNine said:

kinguin, reddit.

MF UH BEANS

19 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

Who says it has to be legit  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Fine, Kinguin's decent.)

I'm pretty sure you can use microsoft's free Windows 10 media creation tool and somehow transfer your licence

I think I'll go with the windows 10. When I install it do you know if it will be 64 bit, or will it still be 32 bit?

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

11 minutes ago, QuadNine said:

I think I'll go with the windows 10. When I install it do you know if it will be 64 bit, or will it still be 32 bit?

If you currently have 32 bit installed, you will have to do a clean install of 64 bit.

32 minutes ago, BryceAC said:

You should be able to use your existing "32-bit" license with both 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 7.

You'll just have to reinstall Windows.

Do this if you can get install media for windows 10. I did this with an old laptop I had laying around 

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

57 minutes ago, themctipers said:

reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

I've always used this. I like it better because I pay with amazon gift cards so theres no way my credit card gets compromised. never had any problems from the top sellers.

1 hour ago, QuadNine said:

Also ya know that http://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/

And the insider program supposedly gives free unrestricted access indefinitely until they make an update to block that out. So you technically may not even need a key to get up and running. :P

3 hours ago, QuadNine said:

Follow the guide in my signature.  Keys DO NOT depend on the architecture of your OS, only the version you choose.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE