what launage to start with

MANIDY inc

So i tired to learn python via codecademy and i could make some dank AF test based games lol (a few years ago)

but now I want to learn how to code again, Ill use lynda.com I really dont want to re learn python ( i know almost zero code for it now)  all my knowledge is CSS and HTML but then its very minimal 

so what is another launage to learn. 

I dont have anything specific i want to be able to code just would like to pick it back up as a hobby 

Everyone should own a vive.

C? C++? C#?

Python is an easy beginner language. You said you've tried it before but try to learn it well. Then I guess Java or C++ would be decent candidates.

13 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

So i tired to learn python via codecademy and i could make some dank AF test based games lol (a few years ago)

but now I want to learn how to code again, Ill use lynda.com I really dont want to re learn python ( i know almost zero code for it now)  all my knowledge is CSS and HTML but then its very minimal 

I dont have anything specific i want to be able to code just would like to pick it back up as a hobby 

Really depends on what you want to accomplish. For web you could try PHP, css, html, javascript.

For desktop applications I would recommend Java (surprisingly easy for beginners) and  maybe c++ if you want it to be a bit lower level.

Of course, if you're in for a challenge I would recommend brainfuck. Yes, that's a real language, and it's rather efficient as well. (The compiler's only 166 bytes.)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 hour ago, bob51zhang said:

Really depends on what you want to accomplish. For web you could try PHP, css, html, javascript.

For desktop applications I would recommend Java (surprisingly easy for beginners) and  maybe c++ if you want it to be a bit lower level.

Of course, if you're in for a challenge I would recommend brainfuck. Yes, that's a real language, and it's rather efficient as well. (The compiler's only 166 bytes.)

well I have no idea what I want to make, i've been watching coding videos and I just love the logic with coding, how it all works together and the understanding intrigues me,

I guess making stuff like random password gens or generations to help you generate your own "secret" launage would be cool to make, other then that I have no ideas of what id want to make, 

a thing id love is to make games but thats going nowhere when me being a shit artist xD. and ive tried game dev beofer, I rather make small things that can be completed in hours rather the years xD just for the fun of making a program.

26 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

What sorts of things are you wanting to do? Because that plays a pretty big role in what language we'd direct you towards.

I started off with a little bit of Lua, HTML, and CSS, then took a giant leap up to Java, and then Visual Basic (Not a fan of VB, trying out C#, not sure if I like it yet.)

Java so far is my favourite of the languages I've learned.

If you want something simple, Visual Basic is decent for simple Windows applications, or HTML, CSS, and JavaScript if you want to go for more of web based stuff.

Lots of ways to learn programming, what I've done for all my Lua and Java learning, and some of my HTML, CSS, and VB learning was finding things that I want to make, then figuring out how to do that with the code. Looking through other people's code (Don't copy and paste!), plenty of google searches, and trial and error are what I've done the most.
It sure takes a while, but once you get a hang of it, it's pretty nice, at least until you start hitting the more advanced stuff and your brain starts shitting all over the place .-.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, TheKDub said:

What sorts of things are you wanting to do? Because that plays a pretty big role in what language we'd direct you towards.

I started off with a little bit of Lua, HTML, and CSS, then took a giant leap up to Java, and then Visual Basic (Not a fan of VB, trying out C#, not sure if I like it yet.)

Java so far is my favourite of the languages I've learned.

If you want something simple, Visual Basic is decent for simple Windows applications, or HTML, CSS, and JavaScript if you want to go for more of web based stuff.

Lots of ways to learn programming, what I've done for all my Lua and Java learning, and some of my HTML, CSS, and VB learning was finding things that I want to make, then figuring out how to do that with the code. Looking through other people's code (Don't copy and paste!), plenty of google searches, and trial and error are what I've done the most.
It sure takes a while, but once you get a hang of it, it's pretty nice, at least until you start hitting the more advanced stuff and your brain starts shitting all over the place .-.

yeah thats the biggest thing for me is ill give up easily and wont stick through stuff, becase of time restraints and lazyness, 

as for programs the only thing I think of wanting to make could be a thing that generates a "secret code" like let's say you have the alphabet A-Z, then i want it randomly assignt a letter a new letter/number/symbol without repeating the same name letter/number/symbol

so you press generate then it will show A-Z then under each letter show a letter/number/symbol

so like

A B C D E F G etc...

Y # O C 9 ) 3  etc...

thats just something I thought of while thinking what do I want to make, Because I really just want to code to know how to code and how to understand languages

4 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

it might be efficient but it sure isn't practical for anything other than a bit of fun.

@MANIDY inc 

in python, you could do this:

import random
alphabet = ['a','b','c','d','e','f','g','h','i']
mask =     ['j','k','l','m','n','!','#','2','3']
masked =[]

for i in alphabet:
  masked.append(mask[random.randrange(0,len(alphabet))])
print(alphabet)
print(masked)

output

['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i']

['!', '3', '#', '!', 'j', 'k', 'm', 'n', 'l']

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

^ Whew. That's a hell of an ugly language.

In descending order of being an interesting and valuable experience for beginners:

1. C++,
  2. Common Lisp,
  3. Perl,

4. Python.

All of them have great free books and tutorials available (I, personally, recommend Wikibooks for your first attempt).

Write in C.

Also, refactoring in Python is ridiculously hard thanks to the "whitespace is syntax" rule. You can't just add an if. 

Write in C.

7 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

1) Highlight the code you want encapsulated.
2) Press tab.

It can get very messy very easily.

Well, the big three of scripting languages are Python, Ruby and JS.

You said you want something else than Python, and I hate the language, so let's leave it.

Ruby - It's my favourite language, and if you want to be comfortable in programming and do different sorts of things cool for nerdy people, go with it. It's also very pretty :)

JS - This is a language that I don't think many people fully comprehend - it's just huge, lots of different things to learn, things about it change all the time and it's not the most... stable language. However, you can make lots of cool things fairly easily for it. Cool in a more gray-people meaning.