OSX-Why do you love it?

This thread is about why you love Apple's OSX. Why do you love it? Do you prefer it over Windows? What do you dislike? Do you find yourself all alone in an ocean of Windows or Linux, or do you find yourself with the majority of illuminated apple logos? Where could they improve? What could they bring back? What was your first Apple computer, where did you get it, how much did you buy it for, and what was it like when you first started it up? No we are not Apple fanatics, we are not silver metal casing and white illuminating logo lovers, we just prefer things a little.... well you will find out what the last word will be.

My first apple product that I got was an old iMac. I don't remember the specs or year but it had the clear plastic all over it. I remember powering it on... wow. Plus it was free (it might have been stolen.... but who knows). The previous owner did not wipe the hdd. So a quick call to apple and $20 later I had some software on the way. I tell ya that was a awesome feeling. Installing the software and seeing all the animation was intoxicating. Windows could learn a thing or two from Apple. I hated to see it go, but $75 bucks wasn't too bad. My first purchased Apple computer was a 2012 Macbook Air 11 inch. I love this thing. I got for $400 from a classmate on the second semester of college. The feeling of powering it on and playing with updated software... ohhhh gives me a hard on. I love it because it is simple (took a little getting use to but with some homework I wasn't doing too bad). The OS doesn't take much resources like windows does. It is clean looking and I like that. Would I replace my Windows pc... nope. I love my Win. 7 pc. I will never let it go unless it's reached it's end like Win XP has. Software running of XP is impossible. I find myself to be in a mix of both windows and mac. I never see linux out in college. I don't have any hates just a few dislikes like how you have to go around your elbow to get to your thumb for certain tasks or finding things, or getting to a certain file or program or moving something. The command button is not placed in a good spot. 

Please share your experience.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

I love it because they are "kinda" safer than Windows

I don't :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Scrolling is nice on osx.

First mac was a ibook g3(the colorful clamshell ones)

Other macs ived used inclued ibook g4, powerbook g4, macbook pro 2006, macbook air 2012, powermac g5, and a few other imacs and mac book pros.

Also final cut is nice

I find it easier for me to multitask across multiple windows and desktops -- especially with the trackpad and the multitouch gestures. I've used windows 7/8.1/10 recently on a windows laptop as well as currently on my SP3, and I still vastly prefer using my Mac. Having things (specifically calls, iMessages, texts, and facetime) sync between my iPhone and Mac is also amazing (and is a reason why I'd love to trade my SP3 for an iPad Pro).

I also do a bunch of school work by SSH'g (via terminal) straight into my schools systems, as well as being able to run a bunch of software via command line (very similarly to if I'm working in one of my Linux VMs). 

Then there's also the scaling of windows not being shit. Scrolling is amazing, and the trackpad itself is just amazing. 

I also find Spotlight to be very useful (I find it's better at finding files/applications than windows start menu, and I very often use it as a quick calculator, which is nice).

I've had two Macs, a 2007 15" MBP that I used until October 2013, then I upgraded to my current Late 2013" rMBP (that I'll likely keep/use for at least another 5 years).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I remember as a kid my dad bought the MBA (2009 model) for home use. The OS was really fucking annoying to use. 

We returned it and bought the desktop he still has today. 

idk

I borrowed my sister's Mac Book in 2013 for a little bit, I honestly thought the entire thing could've been better. The trackpad was woren out, even though she never used it, the connection to a router in the same room was slower than my phone's connection to it from outside, and it took 30 minutes to sync 2 GBs of data from her iPhone.

It's an OS you can use without thinking or caring too much. That said, I wouldn't say that it is worth the trade off in hardware or lack of program support  that comes with it. As a no fuss option it's alright, as long as you're okay with using your computer the way Apple wants you to. 

10 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I find it easier for me to multitask across multiple windows and desktops -- especially with the trackpad and the multitouch gestures. I've used windows 7/8.1/10 recently on a windows laptop as well as currently on my SP3, and I still vastly prefer using my Mac. Having things (specifically calls, iMessages, texts, and facetime) sync between my iPhone and Mac is also amazing (and is a reason why I'd love to trade my SP3 for an iPad Pro).

I've had two Macs, 2007 15" MBP that I used until October 2013, then I upgraded to my current Late 2013" rMBP (that I'll likely keep/use for at least another 5 years).

I love multitasking across multiple windows and desktops as well. The trackpad does compliment the mac and it's abilities. Most times. 

Syncing in it's ecosystem is awesome. If I liked ios it would make life freaking awesome.However, I HATE ios, but that is for another thread. 

Macs don't seem to have much problems lasting along time (software, and OS wise)

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

6 minutes ago, dual290x said:

Macs don't seem to have much problems lasting along time (software, and OS wise)

That's been my experience. I've had high end windows and mac laptops (during the same generations and/or in alternating generations), and I always find that my Mac(s) have lasted me longer. I had an XPS 15 with an i7 and 8gb of RAM and I still felt like my 2007 MBP with a C2D and 4gb of RAM was faster (naturally, it wasn't faster in anything that could leverage the CPU/GPU/RAM, but in day-to-day tasks it definitely was snappier). My 2007 MBP still works fine (the battery is completely shot, but other than that, it's still great), the reason I had to replace it was because 4gb of RAM and a dual core just wasn't enough for my needs (30+ chrome tabs, VLC, an IDE, a VM, steam, itunes, etc...).

And it wasn't until Yosemite that my 2007 Mac started to feel a bit sluggish (I never updated past that, so I don't know if it ever got better) -- but in fairness, I also got used to a mac with a PCIE SSD and enough RAM to do what I do. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The backgrounds look nice :P

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

I love it because 

1. it just works 

I hate it because

1. Immediately when you try to do something Apple didn't intend, it stops working.

2. Costs too much

3. software support is pretty bad

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I got my first Mac when I was young. I used to be one of those people that would start Mac vs. PC fights on YouTube. Then I kept getting headaches from doing that all the time and thought "Lets find out what all these idiots think is so special about this."

My first Mac was an eMac:

OS X 10.5 "Leopard"

Processor: 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4

RAM: 2GB DDR

160GB HDD

SuperDrive

Installing apps, using the OS was so simple I actually got a headache that day. I was so used to doing so much more. I finally understood why people liked them. I stopped trolling on YouTube.

One thing I miss most about the Mac is when the OS was colorful! Seriously take a look at 10.6 and compare it to the latest. Its all GREY!

Second thing is the personality isn't there as much with the newer ones. The interface used to have a lot more character.

I still have that old Mac but I now also have a newer one:

Mac Pro (mid-2010)

macOS Sierra

2.8 GHz Quad Intel Xeon 

RAM: 8GB DDR3 ECC

1TB HDD

SuperDrive

The thing I like about it the most is the stability. I haven't had my Mac crash on me once yet. I also have pre-Tim Cook hardware so maybe that has something to do with it.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

4 hours ago, dual290x said:

I love it because it is simple (took a little getting use to but with some homework I wasn't doing too bad). The OS doesn't take much resources like windows does. It is clean looking and I like that. Would I replace my Windows pc... nope. I love my Win. 7 pc. I will never let it go unless it's reached it's end like Win XP has. Software running of XP is impossible. I find myself to be in a mix of both windows and mac.

Same here. OS X lover. Still using windows PC to play game and doing non-important stuff. 

4 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I find it easier for me to multitask across multiple windows and desktops -- especially with the trackpad and the multitouch gestures. I've used windows 7/8.1/10 recently on a windows laptop as well as currently on my SP3, and I still vastly prefer using my Mac.

Exactly. OS X's multitasking and multiple desktop is soooooooooooooooooo good...... I can't live without it. I am learning some programming, normally I have 15+ chrome tabs open, one IDE, photoshop and pages running in the background, multi desktop is really a huge step up from one single desktop. And don't even start mentioning windows 10's multi-desktop.... Nobody uses it... It is the gesture that make it useful.. Most of the time I do not even need to shut down my macbook. Even I did, when it restarts, all of the opened windows are gonna reopen themselves.. It is a huge time saver... Like I said those features I just cannot live without. 

I also find Spotlight to be very useful (I find it's better at finding files/applications than windows start menu, and I very often use it as a quick calculator, which is nice).

Alfred man. Every mac user has to use alfred. Like people said it is like spotlight on steroid. It can do soooo many things. I haven't even master all of them. I just use it to open applications as well as folders, shut down/restart my machine. Eject external drives. It is just an essential app that you HAVE to have when you are using mac. 

And it wasn't until Yosemite that my 2007 Mac started to feel a bit sluggish (I never updated past that, so I don't know if it ever got better)

After apple updated the UI, older machine will have that sluggish feel. After yosemite, I think 5400rpm HDD is just not an option on OS X.... I think Apple updated their design because the older design that have does not have the ability to fully utilise those retina display. I felt the lag too, coming from mavericks to Yosemite. And I am using a 2012 macbook pro. (non-retina one ).

4 hours ago, RGProductions said:

3. software support is pretty bad

Yes. depends on what software you are using.

4 hours ago, Lays said:

I don't :P

It's okay dude. OS X is not for everyone. Especially when you are into pc gaming. :D

3 hours ago, Satisfoxy said:

The thing I like about it the most is the stability. I haven't had my Mac crash on me once yet. I also have pre-Tim Cook hardware so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yup. I think I might or might not have a crash on my mac... Couldn't remember it.... This gen's new macbook pros have too many problems. Their software support is not good. Like really no good. Touchbar is buggy as hell, bootcamp windows driver will burn your speaker etc. I think if Apple is smart they will faster the design/production of the next gen. At the same time lower the price of it. I think apple should do this when it comes to their macbook pro. 

• 13 inch:  one with touchbar (lesser battery for new user or early adopter)   /   one without (more battery for the old school mac user a.k.a power user)
  • 15 inch:  one with touchbar (lesser battery for new user or early adopter)   /    one without (more battery for the old school mac user a.k.a power user)     

My 1st macbook pro is the one I am using right now. 2012 non retina one. When I 1st got my hands on it, it is quite slow to be honest. After a year, I swapped out the HDD to a samsung SSD, 840 pro I think. Holy shit, the machine just had its reborn. The reason I love OS X is that the it is more productive for me. Also I do not have to worry about driver issues or blue screens and other stuff that will kill my work. Before my macbook pro I had a Lenovo Y460p. Bought it for schoolwork as well as gaming. That machine can tackle any games at 1366x768. But the screen color is bad, like really washed out. And it gets super hot when gaming. *(But which laptop doesn't) The day I purchased my macbook I can remember that I can literally tell color accuracy is top notch when it comes to macbook. I use bootcamp to install windows on it. And that is the 1st time I know what does the original wallpaper supposed to look like on a machine.... Then I realise how "washed out" my older Y460p's screen is... The most important feature I need is "Reopen windows when logging back in". In windows I have to pin every tabs I used to open in chrome.... Jesus.... Also most of the devs are using macs cos terminal is really easy to use. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

9 hours ago, dual290x said:

This thread is about why you love Apple's OSX. Why do you love it? Do you prefer it over Windows? What do you dislike?

I like both Mac and PC even though I'm quite bummed at Apple's 2016 Mac line. Here are things I like about the Mac.

1. Smoothest trackpad multitouch gestures. I haven't used a Windows laptop to ever come close to what the MacBook line is doing.
  2. Better 1st party applications. The Mail and Calendar apps of Windows 10 are awful. Mail and Calendar in macOS is still better. Microsoft can say all the improvements of Edge browser but when I'm on a PC, I'm still going to Chrome. Not so with a Mac, I can use Safari as a default browser because it's very usable and intuitive. Windows 10's File History is still no match for macOS very beautiful UI for Time Machine as a backup app. 
  3. Free apps. I still can't fathom why Microsoft is charging $10/month just to use Office 365 for five devices? With a Mac, it has iWork out of the box. While Office 365 still offers more features and that's probably a reason why people still pay for it, you can confidently do a college thesis with Pages, do basic spreadsheets with Numbers, and create way prettier presentations with Keynote than PowerPoint. 
  4. Retina Display. Fine, I know it's just a fancy marketing moniker for high resolution display but it's very color accurate and has wide viewing angles. I know Windows PCs are now featuring the same, but Windows PCs back when I was in college left a very bad taste for me with awful viewing angles and poor color gamut.
  5. A Mac can be a PC. Either natively via Boot Camp or virtualization using VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop. Can a Windows PC run macOS, it could but it's not a smooth process and you'll end up with driver issues and kernel panics.
  6. Integration with its mobile platform. Thanks to continuity, I can answer a call from my iPhone to my Mac and even reply to text/iMessages from my Mac. You gotta ask yourself what is Microsoft doing with Windows 10 Mobile. 
  7. MacBooks have amazing battery life. If we forget the blunders of the current MacBook Pro 2016 for a while, I can attest that the biggest selling point of the MacBook line is incredible battery life. That's the first thing I noticed when I got my MacBook Air 13" 2011. But then again, that reputation was tarnished by the recent MacBook Pro blunders so I'm skipping the 2016 lineup and hopefully in WWDC 2017, they'll announce a refresh to address the issues and use the latest Kaby Lake chips.
  8. Macs have a very good industrial design. Aside from the awful screens of Windows PCs when I was in college, the cheap plasticky feels of many laptops was quite the letdown. Apple nailed it with the rigidity, sturdiness, overall premium feel of Macs.
  9. macOS deals with software updates a lot better than Windows 10. With macOS, I can ignore the updates without being bothered and they still get installed. Not so with Windows 10, updates are still very obtrusive and when its time to install those updates, the three choices you got are "Sleep, Shut Down and Update, and Restart and Update" and the installation can sometimes take a lot of time.
  10. Spotlight Search is better than Windows 10's search. In Spotlight, it's fast and gives me very relevant search results whether it's local files or online.
  11. Uninstalling an app is better on Mac. I'll just go to Finder then Applications, then I'll just click and hold the app I want to remove and drag it to trash. After which, I can secure empty my trash. Not so with Windows. While UWP apps can be uninstalled with a right click but for x86/64 apps, I have to open the Control Panel to uninstall and more often than not, they still leave taces of those apps.
  12. AppleCare Protection Plan. I know some OEMs are now providing a similar insurance to their devices but they can't match Apple's global coverage when it comes to AppleCare. 

Now, here are the things that I think Windows 10 does better than macOS.

1. Windows 10 is more secure. I know that there are more malware attacks on Windows than in Mac but Microsoft invested so much to make Windows more secure. In fact, there are no known zero-day exploits in the wild just yet to Microsoft Edge. They tightened the security in Edge browser to prevent hackers making a system call to bypass the sandbox. The mere fact that Microsoft shipped all copies of Windows 10 with buil in Windows Defender means they're really serious about security. While some people might prefer third party AV, but it's better than nothing. With macOS, all you got as malware protection is Gatekeeper and XProtect. Gatekeeper only allows installation of apps that have a valid certificate while XProtect will block and delete malware as long as it has the signatures. It's not the same with Windows Defender with heuristics and real time protection.
  2. Window management is better on Windows. If I want to maximize a window, I'll just drag it up top. If I want to do multi-window, I'll just snap it to the left or right. Windows 10 got it better by showing suggested windows when you snap one to the side and it'll even allow you to resize. Mac OS has something similar called Split View but the Windows implementation is way better.
  3. Launching applications. Start Menu is still better than Apple's Launchpad. 
  4. Choice. With Mac, you're pretty much stuck with the RAM, CPU, and GPU offerings of Apple and it can be expensive. With a PC, you have the freedom to choose the parts you want and afford.
  5. Gaming. Hands down a PC is way better than a Mac with gaming. Titles for macOS are pretty scanty unlike in Windows.

I hope this helps

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Talking more hardware here for a little bit. There are a few things that do bother me on that side too which one does have to consider since you have no choice but to accept it really.

I will be forever salty until Apple let me have a matte screen on their laptops again. It doesn't make sense to put a glossy panel on a computer designed for content creation work. Also their quest to ignore the existence of heat is ridiculous. IMO the "retina" line should have kept the same thickness as the DVD MBPs but just used that room for improving cooling. I've not had an Apple laptop last for more than 12 months without hardware issues and I'm willing to bet those temperatures the components reach is to blame. It does get very hot here but my friends who have cheap as cheap windows laptops that are 8 years old and still work fine, why can't a much more expensive product do the same?

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Window management is better on Windows. If I want to maximize a window, I'll just drag it up top. If I want to do multi-window, I'll just snap it to the left or right. Windows 10 got it better by showing suggested windows when you snap one to the side and it'll even allow you to resize. Mac OS has something similar called Split View but the Windows implementation is way better.

This is something I miss every time I have to use a Mac. Their version is a joke really.

13 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

And it wasn't until Yosemite that my 2007 Mac started to feel a bit sluggish

Oh god Yosemite. I currently have a 2013 Macbook Pro for the Apple side of things and that thing was rendered useless after updating to Yosemite, it was so bad I 100% switched to Windows. I have a feeling that update was cursed. :/

Windows probably requires a bit more care and work to be set up and maintained than OSX but I'd take that over Apple hardware nowadays. Setting and forgetting is nice but 90c+ temps and loud fans aren't so nice.

9 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Yes. depends on what software you are using.

Just so deep into windows that converting would be difficult.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

It looks nicer than windows, the scroll is better (At least on laptops). The search works pretty well. None of the bullshit microsoft is pulling now days.

I still prefer windows over it though. I mainly use it for web browsing on my macbook (Like I am right now)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

There are a couple reasons I actually switched to Mac - as far as a laptop goes. I like that I can just power it on and have most things work with it. Sure, I don't like that it cannot game - but that's the nature of the OS, not the hardware's fault for that.
I like that macOS / OS X is based on Unix -  the terminal is very handy, especially when using the SSH protocol - I manage a Minecraft server via SSH.
There is one thing I majorly dislike about Macs - they are very expensive. If you are going to pay so much for a laptop, wouldn't it be nice to be able to service it yourself if something goes wrong (Like for expanding storage - why would they solder the SSD to the motherboard - [Looking at the 2016 model])
Needless to say, I enjoy the ease of use, and much more compatibility than Linux has to offer (The only reason I do not use Linux on a day-to-day basis is the lack of compatibility)

Primary Machine: COREIN5ANITY

CPU: Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i v2

Board: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

RAM: Kingston HyperX Black DDR4 2133 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB

PSU: Corsair CX750M 750W

Case: Deepcool Kendomen Titanium

CPU-Z: http://valid.x86.fr/y38sg5

3 hours ago, EvilPenguinSon said:

There are a couple reasons I actually switched to Mac - as far as a laptop goes. I like that I can just power it on and have most things work with it. Sure, I don't like that it cannot game - but that's the nature of the OS, not the hardware's fault for that.
I like that macOS / OS X is based on Unix -  the terminal is very handy, especially when using the SSH protocol - I manage a Minecraft server via SSH.
There is one thing I majorly dislike about Macs - they are very expensive. If you are going to pay so much for a laptop, wouldn't it be nice to be able to service it yourself if something goes wrong (Like for expanding storage - why would they solder the SSD to the motherboard - [Looking at the 2016 model])

Pretty much sums up every mac users' thought about Mac. 

1. Ease to use is what makes us love Mac/ OS X.
  2. Apple's hardware is too expensive. And it is not serviceable by the user. 

I think the only reason people can/ are willing to swallow the price tag of macs are because we just LOVE OS X.... Annnnnnnnddd that love comes at the huge price tag . 

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Pretty much sums up every mac users' thought about Mac. 

1. Ease to use is what makes us love Mac/ OS X.
  2. Apple's hardware is too expensive. And it is not serviceable by the user. 

I think the only reason people can/ are willing to swallow the price tag of macs are because we just LOVE OS X.... Annnnnnnnddd that love comes at the huge price tag . 

And because in the long run they're not actually more expensive. (at least that's been the case for me)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

And because in the long run they're not actually more expensive. (at least that's been the case for me)

Yup. A lot of mac users had been saying this for a long period of time. 

I gave Mac OS X a run for a bit since I have a Mac Mini lying around. There were a few things that bugged me so much that I don't think I can use macOS as a daily driver willingly.

• It has no support for mice with more than three buttons, at least out of the box. I use the back/forward buttons on my mouse a lot.
  • Task switching can be a bit of a pain since Cmd + Tab only switches between apps as a whole, not by window (I found out Cmd + ~ does it, at least for Firefox)
  • No consistency of shortcuts from program to program. Firefox for instance spreads the keyboard shortcuts across Ctrl and Cmd. Whereas everywhere else it's limited to Ctrl
  • Home/End behavior is different too (I have to use Cmd + left/ Cmd + Right)
  • Still salty that "Enter" on a file doesn't open the file (I guess Cmd + O is still kind of intuitive). And "Delete" by itself doesn't delete it.

Basically, if you're ingrained in Windows/Linux UX/UI design language, macOS just seems to be so radically different for no real reason other than to be different. At least Terminal works as it's supposed to. Most of the time.

The only thing I like about macOS though that I think is superior to both Linux and Windows is how app management is done.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

That is true - sure you can get an inexpensive Windows machine - but of course, it would be obsolete much faster than with a moderately priced Mac. However, I don't care for Apple removing the removable storage or soldering the RAM onto the motherboard

Primary Machine: COREIN5ANITY

CPU: Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i v2

Board: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

RAM: Kingston HyperX Black DDR4 2133 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB

PSU: Corsair CX750M 750W

Case: Deepcool Kendomen Titanium

CPU-Z: http://valid.x86.fr/y38sg5