Good places to get modding supplies [US]

SLAYR

What are some good sites to get modding supplies from? 

I am looking for good specialty sites that would carry supplies. In particular I am looking for the plastic atx, eps, and pcie connectors, and the pins to go with them. I would go on ebay, amazon or such, but they seem to just carry them in bulk, and I only need 1-2 of these of these connector.

Free or cheap shipping would also be a plus.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

many of the good sites I used in the past are no longer running, or have gotten sketchy in the last couple years.  A couple of "okay" ones are:
-mnpctech
-performance-pcs

FrozenCPU is now pretty sketchy, but used to be a great source for mods and Lian-Li aftermaket mods.
CoolBidNow has been closed for almost a decade.

Most of the time, now, I check out thrift stores and used PC stores.  On occasion, I'll go to Fry's electronics (they're online if you don't have a store nearby) and various electrical and electronic supply stores.  My favorites tools for modding cases are Dremel and Pop-rivet gun.  Imagination is the only limit.

1 hour ago, Doramius said:

many of the good sites I used in the past are no longer running, or have gotten sketchy in the last couple years.  A couple of "okay" ones are:
-mnpctech
-performance-pcs

FrozenCPU is now pretty sketchy, but used to be a great source for mods and Lian-Li aftermaket mods.
CoolBidNow has been closed for almost a decade.

Most of the time, now, I check out thrift stores and used PC stores.  On occasion, I'll go to Fry's electronics (they're online if you don't have a store nearby) and various electrical and electronic supply stores.  My favorites tools for modding cases are Dremel and Pop-rivet gun.  Imagination is the only limit.

Thanks for the help.

I will probabbly have to end up going with performance-pcs, I have known about mnpctech, but they don't sell the atx/eps connectors at all, just sleeving and such.

I am trying to make a custom extension to go from an atx psu to a proprietary 20 pin connector.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Agreed on the sites.  That's why I said they were "okay" ones.  Fry's Electronics might actually have what you're looking for.  Just go to Frys.com and see in their PC and electronics sections.

Are you looking to solder, or are you looking for a straight adapter.  Also, which proprietary connection are you trying to connect to.  I've done several pinouts of proprietary PSUs and various power connections.  I might be able to give some insight, if not direct assistance.  Pictures are always good, too.

1 hour ago, Doramius said:

Agreed on the sites.  That's why I said they were "okay" ones.  Fry's Electronics might actually have what you're looking for.  Just go to Frys.com and see in their PC and electronics sections.

Are you looking to solder, or are you looking for a straight adapter.  Also, which proprietary connection are you trying to connect to.  I've done several pinouts of proprietary PSUs and various power connections.  I might be able to give some insight, if not direct assistance.  Pictures are always good, too.

Yeah fry's doesn'thave what I am looking for.

This is what I am looking for.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/connectx-atx-24-pin-male-connector-housing-black.html

The proprietary board in particular is this.

http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/5400/MNL-0979.pdf

Thankfully it gives the pinout of the proprietary power connector.

I have an old 20 pin psu, I am going to take the main power connector off, and put new connectors on the other end going to the standard psu.

6 hours ago, SLAYR said:

What are some good sites to get modding supplies from? 

I am looking for good specialty sites that would carry supplies. In particular I am looking for the plastic atx, eps, and pcie connectors, and the pins to go with them. I would go on ebay, amazon or such, but they seem to just carry them in bulk, and I only need 1-2 of these of these connector.

Free or cheap shipping would also be a plus.

Mainframe customs or ones like Icemodz do custom work and should be able to help out as long as you have a pinout diagram or model number of the motherboard.

Do you also have the original power supply, or a picture of the connector.  I think I've seen this mainboard before.  Did this come from a Dell PowerEdge?  If you've got the model system that it came from, I might be able to get you through the pinout.  What PSU are you planning to adapt to this board?  Server boards can sometimes be tricky.

15 hours ago, W-L said:

Mainframe customs or ones like Icemodz do custom work and should be able to help out as long as you have a pinout diagram or model number of the motherboard.

Thanks. I am more looking for where I can get the supplies to do the mods myself though.

14 hours ago, Doramius said:

Do you also have the original power supply, or a picture of the connector.  I think I've seen this mainboard before.  Did this come from a Dell PowerEdge?  If you've got the model system that it came from, I might be able to get you through the pinout.  What PSU are you planning to adapt to this board?  Server boards can sometimes be tricky.

It is a supermicro board, thankfully they give an exact pinout in the manual, just got to connect pins onto an old 20 pin connector I have, and then plug those into regular atx connectors so I can use a standard atx psu with it. Pretty simple.

It looks like you got the correct connector for it.  If you can, I'd like to see pictures of the finished product.  Really interested in the outcome.  Good luck.