Should I get this Motherboard?

I'm upgrading my current PC to a FX 8320e, and this motherboard : http://pcpartpicker.com/product/s8KhP6/msi-motherboard-970aslikraitedition  What I want to know is if it's reliable, I'm going with a black and white build, using this case : http://pcpartpicker.com/product/rP4gXL/thermaltake-case-vn40006w2n  At Micro Center I can get this and the processor for under 100$.

What's your current PC? Unless you have some god awful CPU, save up a bit for Zen and see how it compares to Intel in the sub ~$100-$150 market

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

I'm upgrading my current PC to a FX 8320e, and this motherboard : http://pcpartpicker.com/product/s8KhP6/msi-motherboard-970aslikraitedition  What I want to know is if it's reliable, I'm going with a black and white build, using this case : http://pcpartpicker.com/product/rP4gXL/thermaltake-case-vn40006w2n  At Micro Center I can get this and the processor for under 100$.

This sounds like a fairly awful idea all the way around.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

2 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

Well there a a video of that board with an fx9590 in that is on fire,  but other than that seems OK. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

What's your current PC? Unless you have some god awful CPU, save up a bit for Zen and see how it compares to Intel in the sub ~$100-$150 market

CPU : AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 2.8 Ghz

GPU : R7 250E (MSI OC Edition Essentially) *(Upgrading in December)

RAM : 8GB DDR3

HARD DRIVE : 500GB WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM

CASE : Rather not talk about it, it just.. "works".

Just now, it_dont_work said:

Not a bad deal, just don't overclock the chip much. Doesn't have the power delivery for that.

I don't intend on doing that, it's meant to just hold me off till I get a better flow of cash.

Just now, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

wait for Zen :-/

I'm impatient, 200$ in my pocket is bad, I would spend it all on steam games before you can say Micro Center

Just now, AceTaker said:

GPU : R7 250E (MSI OC Edition Essentially) *(Upgrading in December)

RAM : 8GB DDR3

CASE : Rather not talk about it, it just.. "works".

I'd seriously considering waiting for Zen :3, especially since MicroCenter will price-match and you get $30 for bundling CPU/Mobo plus they may take more off for adding RAM. You could then sell your current mobo, ram, and cpu to go towards Zen if it is compelling. It's not a bad deal, no doubt but at least wait for Zen. AMD is doing a live stream on the 13th to showcase it, possible launch dates ect, I think it would be more than worth it to see what it at least offers so you know what the right deal is for sure.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'd seriously considering waiting for Zen :3, especially since MicroCenter will price-match and you get $30 for bundling CPU/Mobo plus they may take more off for adding RAM. You could then sell your current mobo, ram, and cpu to go towards Zen if it is compelling. It's not a bad deal, no doubt but at least wait for Zen. AMD is doing a live stream on the 13th to showcase it, possible launch dates ect, I think it would be more than worth it to see what it at least offers so you know what the right deal is for sure.

Well, I'm not going to have the cash until Christmas, so I'm forced to wait until I can get cash, I'm still trying to go with the FX 8320e. I love the black and white on that board.

3 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

I'm impatient, 200$ in my pocket is bad, I would spend it all on steam games before you can say Micro Center

you'd probably be better off doing that cause this is a bad idea all around. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, AceTaker said:

Well, I'm not going to have the cash until Christmas, so I'm forced to wait until I can get cash, I'm still trying to go with the FX 8320e. I love the black and white on that board.

Dude Christmas is like 3 weeks away.. get some patience and hold out and don't go with a generation of products that were being developed when first gen i5's and i7's hit the market. Zen isn't launching on the 13th, it is being showcased. I think enough motivation should be that my i3 outperforms the 8320e, who knows what a 4c/4t Zen chip will do for a similar price.

1 minute ago, AceTaker said:

I don't intend on doing that, it's meant to just hold me off till I get a better flow of cash.

It's a good option if cash flow isn't going to be a thing for 6months or more. I mean wait for zen if you can, but (random number speculation take with a salt lick) i mean cpu $250-300, mobo $150-180 , ddr4 ram $80 16gb. pinch some pennies and depending on release prices maybe you'll get away with $500-600 for a zen or intel cpu/mobo/ram combo.

If you don't see cash happening soon it is a good deal.

Or throw away asthetics all together and throw the 200 bucks on a oem (dell/hp/ibm) pre build with an i5 or i7, which is what I'd probably do. stick it under the desk and dont look at it.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

4 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

I honestly think you should go for asus 970fx gaming aura, a 4+1 power phase really aint what i would pair an 8 core CPU with. The sabertooth might also have that color acheme but it expensive.

What about this? http://www.microcenter.com/product/469080/970A_GAMING_PRO_CARBON_RGB_AM3_ATX_AMD_Motherboard_with_USB_31_Gen2_Type_C (If you haven't noticed, I'm a fan of MSI..)

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Dude Christmas is like 3 weeks away.. get some patience and hold out and don't go with a generation of products that were being developed when first gen i5's and i7's hit the market. Zen isn't launching on the 13th, it is being showcased. I think enough motivation should be that my i3 outperforms the 8320e, who knows what a 4c/4t Zen chip will do for a similar price.

I'm trying, trust me. But most rumors say that they're gonna be my whole budget alone, which is 210$ - 250$.

6 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

how about a z170 krait? :D

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

how about a z170 krait? :D

Have you seen my budget? Besides, i'm pretty sure you're joking.

14 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

I would just upgrade this to a newer one than get a FX; if your motherboard can do FM2+

14 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

Get a SSD

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

I would just upgrade this to a newer one than get a FX; if your motherboard can do FM2+

Get a SSD

It can't, its AM3.... not AM3+, not FM2+.

5 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

krait 3x and a pentium g4400, if you chase that rebate its doable. 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

krait 3x and a pentium g4400, its doable. 

I'm NOT gonna get a dual-core, even if it's gonna give me better upgradability.

1 minute ago, AceTaker said:

I'm NOT gonna get a dual-core, even if it's gonna give me better upgradability.

/s /s. why would I recommend a z170 and a pentium lol  

but the funny bit is a g4400 would actually be better than a x4 630 

4 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

Tbf with $210 you can fit an i3-6100, get a z170 board off the open box rack and 8GBs of DDR4. Or a new z170 board and bundle with the i3 and RAM, BCLK the i3, on stock cooling 4.2-4.3GHz is do able. If you stretch your budget an i5-6400/6500 wont be much harder to pull of at $250

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

/s /s. but the funny bit is a g4400 would actually be better than a x4 630 

I know, but I might even get something like a RX 470 for Christmas...