Disabling Huawei's "HiSuite" from showing in drive list

Go to solution Solved by DANNY-D,

I dont know if this is still relevant to you, but if you are using Windows:

1) Right click the CD Drive that shows up with HiSuite in File Explorer

2) Click Properties

3) Go to the Hardware Tab, select the Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device and click Properties in the Device Properties area under the device list

4)  In the new Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device Properties popup, in the General tab, click Change Settings

5)  In the new Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device Properties popup, in the Driver tab, click Disable Device and click yes for the confirmation popup

Now the HiSuite CD will not popup when you connect the phone to the PC. You can undo this by following steps 1 - 4 and on step 5: click Enable Device.

I found this thread when googling for a way to disable the CD popup and I figure someone else might come across this and it could save them time. 

I think you can unmount that CD Drive in Linux for a similar effect, but I havent done it so good luck!

Anyone have an idea how to stop this thing from showing up every single time I connect my P9 Lite to the computer?

WaFPC8vz.png

I've searched high and low, including disabling this thing, yet to no avail, still showing up.

VQ4D1bg5.png

Is that a digital "CD" that shows up every time you connect your media player to your computer?

My guess is you could remove the partition from the device, but I'm not sure what ill effects that'd cause. 

• 1 year later...

I dont know if this is still relevant to you, but if you are using Windows:

1) Right click the CD Drive that shows up with HiSuite in File Explorer

2) Click Properties

3) Go to the Hardware Tab, select the Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device and click Properties in the Device Properties area under the device list

4)  In the new Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device Properties popup, in the General tab, click Change Settings

5)  In the new Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device Properties popup, in the Driver tab, click Disable Device and click yes for the confirmation popup

Now the HiSuite CD will not popup when you connect the phone to the PC. You can undo this by following steps 1 - 4 and on step 5: click Enable Device.

I found this thread when googling for a way to disable the CD popup and I figure someone else might come across this and it could save them time. 

I think you can unmount that CD Drive in Linux for a similar effect, but I havent done it so good luck!

Oh I solved this long ago, solution is the same you described only it was directly through Device Manager. I'll mark yours green since you took your time to solve this issue that was almost 2 years old :D 

• 11 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 12:05 PM, Murasaki said:

Oh I solved this long ago, solution is the same you described only it was directly through Device Manager. I'll mark yours green since you took your time to solve this issue that was almost 2 years old :D 

I'm sorry I just found this thread and I wanted to know how to stop the HiSuite driver from showing up on every single computer, because it's really annoying. And if there was a way to turn in on again one day. I don't know if you'll read this but thanks anyway

1 hour ago, Nathalie said:

I'm sorry I just found this thread and I wanted to know how to stop the HiSuite driver from showing up on every single computer, because it's really annoying. And if there was a way to turn in on again one day. I don't know if you'll read this but thanks anyway

Unfortunately I'm not aware of anything that can be done about it other than disabling it on every computer you connect the phone to.