Is my build worth it?

Hey guys!

With the holiday season in sight, as well as my birthday, I was thinking about joining the master race :D

The point is, that I am not really a professional when it comes to building a PC. The building itself will not be a big problem, but the parts to choose are a bit more tricky.

I've made a build with some tips and tricks on the internet, and in my opinion, it looks rad :P

Few thing about myself:

Location and budget

I'm living in the Netherlands but it will not be a problem to get parts from Germany. My budget (as a poor little student) is about 700 euros.

Goal I wish to achieve with my setup

I'm looking to play some rather new games, like GTA V, Battlefield 4 and (maybe) Watch Dogs 2. Now, before you start yelling at me that it won't be able to do that in 60fps on ultra settings; I'm not looking to achieve that. I'm happy with high/med settings with an average of 40fps. 

Build itself

My PcPartPicker list :D (the prices aren't really accurate.)

My question is; is this build a build that is good for a starter? More important is the question if it actually is compatible. 

I'd love to hear from you guys,

-Daniel

Looks good enough to me!

If you can go a bit further with your budget, change that i3 for a i5-6500.

Apart from that, everything is great.

And yes all parts are compatible. (pcpartpicker tells that automatically).

7 minutes ago, daanvanderuit said:

Hey guys!

With the holiday season in sight, as well as my birthday, I was thinking about joining the master race :D

The point is, that I am not really a professional when it comes to building a PC. The building itself will not be a big problem, but the parts to choose are a bit more tricky.

I've made a build with some tips and tricks on the internet, and in my opinion, it looks rad :P

Few thing about myself:

Location and budget

I'm living in the Netherlands but it will not be a problem to get parts from Germany. My budget (as a poor little student) is about 700 euros.

Goal I wish to achieve with my setup

I'm looking to play some rather new games, like GTA V, Battlefield 4 and (maybe) Watch Dogs 2. Now, before you start yelling at me that it won't be able to do that in 60fps on ultra settings; I'm not looking to achieve that. I'm happy with high/med settings with an average of 40fps. 

Build itself

My PcPartPicker list :D (the prices aren't really accurate.)

My question is; is this build a build that is good for a starter? More important is the question if it actually is compatible. 

I'd love to hear from you guys,

-Daniel

for a first build well done, its solid. Few things i would change would be get a single 8gb stick of ram, so you can upgrade later on, and remember you still need to get windows, which is about 100 euros on amazon, or 20-30 euros on kinguin 

8 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

for a first build well done, its solid. Few things i would change would be get a single 8gb stick of ram, so you can upgrade later on, and remember you still need to get windows, which is about 100 euros on amazon, or 20-30 euros on kinguin 

Hey! 

Thanks for your reply!

I missed that one, indeed. I changed it out now. Thanks for the tip! 

Also I can download Windows 10 free, my school supports it :D

-Daniel

10 minutes ago, SameerSohail said:

Looks good enough to me!

If you can go a bit further with your budget, change that i3 for a i5-6500.

Apart from that, everything is great.

And yes all parts are compatible. (pcpartpicker tells that automatically).

8 minutes ago, SameerSohail said:

Take a look now.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QNNZ9W

I changed somethings a little bit. :P

Thanks for your messages!

I changed it out, thanks for your support! I really think that the 100 euros more for the CPU is a bit too much now, maybe I'll do it in a later stage when I've got more to spend, but thanks for your reply!

Can you explain to me what the difference is between the i3-6100 and the i3-6300?

Thanks in advance!

-Daniel

Just now, daanvanderuit said:

Thanks for your messages!

I changed it out, thanks for your support! I really think that the 100 euros more for the CPU is a bit too much now, maybe I'll do it in a later stage when I've got more to spend, but thanks for your reply!

Can you explain to me what the difference is between the i3-6100 and the i3-6300?

Thanks in advance!

-Daniel

The difference is clock speed, nothing more. I would recommend getting the 6100 over the 6300 because the 6300 is usually not worth the extra money.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

5 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

The difference is clock speed, nothing more. I would recommend getting the 6100 over the 6300 because the 6300 is usually not worth the extra money.

Thanks!

Think I'm getting the i3-6100, thinking of your opinion

Do you really need an optical drive?

You could save a bit there.

I'd also try and fit in an SSD.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Do you really need an optical drive?

You could save a bit there.

I'd also try and fit in an SSD.

I thought to play it safe, to be able to play games that I happen to have on disk...

The SSD's are really going above my budget. 500GB is already 100 euros...

2 minutes ago, daanvanderuit said:

I thought to play it safe, to be able to play games that I happen to have on disk...

The SSD's are really going above my budget. 500GB is already 100 euros...

So get an MX300? In 275GB flavor they should be quite cheap. I'll never use an OS on an HDD again, way too slow.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

28 minutes ago, daanvanderuit said:

Thanks!

Think I'm getting the i3-6100, thinking of your opinion

Personally, I always go for the highest cpu model which fits under the budget. :P . If you're going for the 6100, it's still the same thing. It'll be good enough.

But yeah don't forget that i changed 2 memory sticks to a single one. That way you'll be easy upgrading ram in the future. Make sure you keep it that way.

5 minutes ago, SameerSohail said:

Personally, I always go for the highest cpu model which fits under the budget. :P . If you're going for the 6100, it's still the same thing. It'll be good enough.

But yeah don't forget that i changed 2 memory sticks to a single one. That way you'll be easy upgrading ram in the future. Make sure you keep it that way.

@dizmo

I found a great deal at a site I was ordering products. Now upgraded it (it's 705 in total) to a MSI B150M Bazooka mobo, 8gigs of ram and an i5 6400 (:O) 

Thanks for all the tips!

16 minutes ago, daanvanderuit said:

@dizmo

I found a great deal at a site I was ordering products. Now upgraded it (it's 705 in total) to a MSI B150M Bazooka mobo, 8gigs of ram and an i5 6400 (:O) 

Thanks for all the tips!

Does that mean you're fitting in an SSD? ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Does that mean you're fitting in an SSD? ;)

I am :)

Probably buying another hdd or ssd after a few months, but for now I'm going with a mx300 :)

1 minute ago, daanvanderuit said:

I am :)

Probably buying another hdd or ssd after a few months, but for now I'm going with a mx300 :)

After that I'd just save up for a 1TB SSD and replace the whole storage system. No real need for mechanical drives anymore unless you're archiving stuff. :)

Should be a fun computer!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

After that I'd just save up for a 1TB SSD and replace the whole storage system. No real need for mechanical drives anymore unless you're archiving stuff. :)

Should be a fun computer!

Haha, we'll see! I'll be sure to post a picture of it when it's done (probably next weekend or the one after that)

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2016 at 10:24 PM, daanvanderuit said:

Haha, we'll see! I'll be sure to post a picture of it when it's done (probably next weekend or the one after that)

Hi guys,

I've been wanting to upload a picture of the build, but until now I haven't found a moment to do it. But, after a little while, here they are :-P. The specs are as followed:

Intel Core i5 6400K
MSI B150M Bazooka
Kingston HyperX Fury (Black, 2x4 ggb ddr4)
MSI GeforceGTX1050ti gaming 4g
Crucial MX300 (275 gb) SSD

Corsair CXM 450 Watt
2 Corsair AF120 LED (red) fans
Aerocool aero-800 windowed (black) case
Hitachi HUA (2TB) HDD

I'm very happy with the PC and I am proud to say that it can run AAA games like GTA V or Project CARS at a solid 60fps without lag and Ultra settings. Combined with my 49" FullHD Led tv it's a great combination, to play in 1080p.

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG