Battlefield 4 OFFICIAL Release Benchmarks: NVIDIA & AMD

Yeah, not sure if that would be enough to convince more devs to make use of it, though. Any chance we can see some 1600/1440p benchmarks?

The 1440p monitor we use for tests is being buggy, replacement coming in from ASUS tomorrow. Will test then!

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

The 1440p monitor we use for tests is being buggy, replacement coming in from ASUS tomorrow. Will test then!

Well asus really wants to make industry partners happy,I can't imagine asus replacing a monitor that fast for the average consumer.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well asus really wants to make industry partners happy,I can't imagine asus replacing a monitor that fast for the average consumer.

It helps that ASUS is right around the corner from us.  :blush:

It helps that ASUS is right around the corner from us.  :blush:

I guess that really does help! 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Did they use Windows 8 and 1866mhz+ Ram, because both will effect game peformance quiet big.

RTX2070OC 

Both NVIDIA and AMD are closer than I expected they would be on release, and the 760 seems to be ahead of the equal AMD card. Interested how the 780ti will fair.

Did they use Windows 8 and 1866mhz+ Ram, because both will effect game peformance quiet big.

I was wondering this, did the guys down at corsair ever say if the performance increase with higher clocked ram was only for win8?

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

I will just wait for mantle to be released......

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

I'm still using a GTX 560ti.*sigh* :(  Fuck it I'm just gonna play at 1600x900 at ULTRA. LOL :P

I'm still using a GTX 560ti.*sigh* :(  Fuck it I'm just gonna play at 1600x900 at ULTRA. LOL :P

I can't even play ULTRA seittings with 4xMsaa because it takes more then 2GB vram on 1080p :(

RTX2070OC 

With all the hype of the new AMD cards + Battlefield 4 supposedly being optimized for AMD cards + Mantle I am surprised that Red and Green are so close and also disappointed in those AMD results.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Warcony, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

With all the hype of the new AMD cards + Battlefield 4 supposedly being optimized for AMD cards + Mantle I am surprised that Red and Green are so close and also disappointed in those AMD results.

Mantle is not even out. Patches for BF4 mantle support are coming in December. Also the driver is still in BETA

Mantle is not even out. Patches for BF4 mantle support are coming in December. Also the driver is still in BETA

So is Nvidia's driver.  The game was also said to be optimized for AMD cards out of the box.  I'm not hating, just saying I am disappointed with these results of the 290X.  This is just one test though, I am sure there will be others that will yield better results and performance will improve over time.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

So is Nvidia's driver.  The game was also said to be optimized for AMD cards out of the box.  I'm not hating, just saying I am disappointed with these results of the 290X.  This is just one test though, I am sure there will be others that will yield better results and performance will improve over time.

BF4 is optimized for both AMD & Nvidia, it even uses Nvidia's NVAPI, the specific optimizations for AMD will come via the Mantle patch.

The 290X is still performing very well, keeping in mind this is at 1920x1080, which is a resolution where Nvidia usually maintains an edge.

At 2560x1440 and higher the 290X will extend its lead even further.

BF4 is optimized for both AMD & Nvidia, it even uses Nvidia's NVAPI, the specific optimizations for AMD will come via the Mantle patch.

The 290X is still performing very well, keeping in mind this is at 1920x1080, which is a resolution where Nvidia usually maintains an edge.

At 2560x1440 and higher the 290X will extend its lead even further.

Thats what i've been hearing swell. Just waiting to get that 1440p in so I can run the tests!

I can't even play ULTRA seittings with 4xMsaa because it takes more then 2GB vram on 1080p :(

Really, my 2gb 680 runs the Ultra preset just fine. (55-65 fps) 

Spoiler

Sup all, new here !
How many fps will i get with a 3570k and a Saffire r9 280x Vappore-x / Dual-x with everything maxed out @1080p ? tnx

Sup all, new here !

How many fps will i get with a 3570k and a Saffire r9 280x Vappore-x / Dual-x with everything maxed out @1080p ? tnx

Look at what a 7970 GHz edition does and you will have your answer.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

anyone know how it is on a 650 boost??

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Pclab didn't have time to test all the CPUs, they might update the graphs in a day or two with even more CPUs.

I have another two interesting graphs, something for FX 83xx owners:

bf4_windows_s.png

bf4_windows_m.png

Very interesting I have the same CPU and GFX card I seem to be getting the same numbers in Multiplayer using Windows 7 + Ultra Settings. I going to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and see if that helps.

Thanks for this

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

anyone know how it is on a 650 boost??

Yup here you go!

In before somebody says that the review is false because AMD GPUs lose to Nvidia GPUs:

This is multiplayer tests i posted.

The reason singleplayer ones look a lot different is because singleplayer isnt that CPU demanding, so the CPU load from Radeon drivers doesn't matter. In Multiplayer all the CPUs are put to test under near 100% load thus the Nvidia multithreaded drivers help a lot to push additional frames.

here are singleplayer ones:

bf4_gpu_high_1920.png

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1