Battlefield 4 OFFICIAL Release Benchmarks: NVIDIA & AMD

INVIMD GR8 7950Ti

Wow, that is going to be a big release...

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Not sure what GPU to get to upgrade my 6870 Xfire setup... GTX 780, R9 290x, or R9 290.  Any advice?

Not sure what GPU to get to upgrade my 6870 Xfire setup... GTX 780, R9 290x, or R9 290.  Any advice?

I would wait a few Months for Maxwell it should destroy those cards in peformance and then you will get those cards really cheap.

RTX2070OC 

I would wait a few Months for Maxwell it should destroy those cards in peformance and then you will get those cards really cheap.

When Maxwell comes out, might as well wait a few months for the Rx 3xx series it should...

Honestly, just wait for the 780Ti/GHz, nonref 290x, and 290 to come out and choose what's best for you. If you wait too long, Maxwell might be an option.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

When Maxwell comes out, might as well wait a few months for the Rx 3xx series it should...

Honestly, just wait for the 780Ti/GHz, nonref 290x, and 290 to come out and choose what's best for you. If you wait too long, Maxwell might be an option.

Don't worry, Ill be sure to go in depth once drivers finally get revised and the 780Ti /290X non-ref come out.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Ok I'll at least wait for the 290 nonX to come out, I was leaning towards the GTX 780.  I want it for BF4 at 1440P.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I am waiting to see what FPS I can pull

5780x1080 eyefinity and two R9-290X's..... I do hope to get 60fps+ on ultra but we will wait and see

(((not to mention when it goes mantle)))

I think you're wishing a bit toooo high there.. I mean the new card is powerful but not that powerful.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I think you're wishing a bit toooo high there.. I mean the new card is powerful but not that powerful.

well it seems as if we where both wrong.... on ultra on 5780x1080p I pull high 80's.... cant wait to see them with non-beta drivers + mantle  :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It's a blessing and a curse that the 4XX series is so good, I wanted to upgrade my GTX 470 for sooo long but I don't have to, so I usually end up not doing it. Though my minimum FPS is too close to dipping under 40 in the Star Citizen hangar on high settings, and by the time launch hits I want at least 60 FPS on ultra, so I better do something soon. The waiting for better info just sucks. Do want new dual GPU card asap.

I think your best current option is the 7990. I think in the us its at 500 dollars or so.

I think your best current option is the 7990. I think in the us its at 500 dollars or so.

The 7990 is a BEAST of a card. There are honestly not a lot of problems with it when I tested it. For the money, its great.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

The 7990 is a BEAST of a card. There are honestly not a lot of problems with it when I tested it. For the money, its great.

And what if you crossfire two of them?  :D (Effectively 4x GPUs)

It's a bit too low on VRAM for me though

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

And what if you crossfire two of them? :D (Effectively 4x GPUs)

It's a bit too low on VRAM for me though

Please show me where you ever use 3gb on any game. And no trifinity at 2560 doesn't count

Please show me where you ever use 3gb on any game. And no trifinity at 2560 doesn't count

Skyrim to name one. Some games do use a ton of vRAM, others don't.

I am getting 90+ with my two 7950s on ultra in multiplayer..All on my OCed Korean monitor..

Why dont Nvidia make a driver update that makes Havok use the PhysX cores...

Character artist in the Games industry.

Star Citizen, ultra textures/ shadows/ SSAO at 1600p.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.