Battlefield 4 OFFICIAL Release Benchmarks: NVIDIA & AMD

Do you have benchmarks with 4930K? That would probably make it clearer.

Pclab didn't have time to test all the CPUs, they might update the graphs in a day or two with even more CPUs.

I have another two interesting graphs, something for FX 83xx owners:

bf4_windows_s.png

bf4_windows_m.png

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

I already posted  :lol:

Yup, saw your benchmarks. Very nice ones.

I posted PClab's benchmarks because they are really really indepth.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Pclab didn't have time to test all the CPUs, they might update the graphs in a day or two with even more CPUs.

I have another two interesting graphs, something for FX 83xx owners:

bf4_windows_s.png

bf4_windows_m.png

well this sucks, because 8.1 is slightly less terrible. windows 7 is still the beast...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Alright guys, added all the AMD benchmarks!

Thanks. :D 

Could you maybe add the minimum FPS?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That is really weird that windows 8 has over 50% better performance in multiplayer. I don't think we've seen anything like that before. I am also pretty worried with the fact that I just ordered a 280x and I still have a 8120. If these graphs are correct, than AMD cpu's really suck at a AMD title. the 40 dollar difference between 8350 and 4670k is well worth it in this game. 

overall this is kind of disappointing.

That is really weird that windows 8 has over 50% better performance in multiplayer. I don't think we've seen anything like that before. I am also pretty worried with the fact that I just ordered a 280x and I still have a 8120. If these graphs are correct, than AMD cpu's really suck at a AMD title. the 40 dollar difference between 8350 and 4670k is well worth it in this game. 

overall this is kind of disappointing.

In Singleplayer even Phenom II x4 can be paired even with Radeon r9 290x without problem.

It's the multiplayer that puts load on your CPU.

WHAT? 80-90?? i had like a steady 50-60 but never had anything above 80

Maybe he got faster memory. We saw that BF4 benefits from more MHz about 10-20% more FPS.

Alright guys, added all the AMD benchmarks!

This is WAAAY different that those from PCLab.pl site benchmarks. There 780 wins all hands down. Wonder which site got paid off (no offence).

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

This is WAAAY different that those from PCLab.pl site benchmarks. There 780 wins all hands down. Wonder which site got paid off (no offence).

No bias here, All ran through the same tests with the latest Beta drivers from both sides.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

No bias here, All ran through the same tests with the latest Beta drivers from both sides.

Yeah, but like i said i assume that on few sites they will use dirty tricks to come up with false scores. Not to offend you nor your testing, but unfortunetly these days with money in hand many benchmark sites just tell/show total bullsh*t.

Dont have proof to follow it up, but Nvidia being faster on AMD optimized game is what i call "bullsh*t" (no offence to green camp users). If after Mantle release same thing will happen it will be known...

Ministry of StopIt!

Yeah, but like i said i assume that on few sites they will use dirty tricks to come up with false scores. Not to offend you nor your testing, but unfortunetly these days with money in hand many benchmark sites just tell/show total bullsh*t.

Dont have proof to follow it up, but Nvidia being faster on AMD optimized game is what i call "bullsh*t" (no offence to green camp users). If after Mantle release same thing will happen it will be known...

Honestly I was surprised as well. It baffled me that the NVIDIA cards performed better. Perhaps the latest NVIDIA beta drivers are better optimized. 

Perhaps the latest NVIDIA beta drivers are better optimized. 

Outperforming cards that game was optimized for? What kind of sorcery is this?

NJQKL0w.gif

From the scores Mantle wouldnt help AMD too...

Ministry of StopIt!

Now I really hope for any driver improvements, this is not impressive at all, looking at what little of the beastly power pc's have is used :L Mantle will hopefully bring better optimization to pc, I only hope there will be a Mantle-like Nvidia thing :P

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Outperforming cards that game was optimized for? What kind of sorcery is this?

NJQKL0w.gif

From the scores Mantle wouldnt help AMD too...

This was my reaction after I ran the 290x benchmark... haha

In case anyone's at all interested I ran a test for 60 seconds and my stock 3570 and supercloked gtx 680 pulled - Avg: 64.883 - Min: 56 - Max: 88 in BF4 mutiplayer @ ultra 1920x1200. On the larger maps more like 58 avg. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Definitely seems like it favours the red team but the advantages of mantle are way smaller than expected, especially considering this was supposed to be a best case scenario and nVidia will probably be optimizing their drivers in their next update to make that advantage even less significant. It's definitely understandable why devs are not really that impressed by mantle. I would rather have seen a 1600/1440p comparison though...

Titan on Ultra on 4xMSAA. Damn im starting to wonder how my 7950 will perform. Yet Battlefield 4 is set more on AMD...

Identical to the r9 270x, They're the same card down to margin of error

i'm averaging about 65 fps on ultra :)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

is Linus gonna do his BF4 benchmarks?

Identical to the r9 270x, They're the same card down to margin of error

The 270X is a 7870 GHz so it's actually slightly slower than the 7950 but I guess it should give an idea what to expect at stock clocks.

Definitely seems like it favours the red team but the advantages of mantle are way smaller than expected, especially considering this was supposed to be a best case scenario and nVidia will probably be optimizing their drivers in their next update to make that advantage even less significant. It's definitely understandable why devs are not really that impressed by mantle. I would rather have seen a 1600/1440p comparison though...

Mantle is not released yet. Its said to come in December for BF4

Project mantle is in Beta stages, but during a GPU 14 Tech Days presentation, an announcement was made that Frostbite 3 would have support for Mantle. The first game running on Frostbite 3 to benefit from Mantle will be Battlefield 4 which will get a patch in December that will activate the Mantle support. 

Soruce

CPU i7-930 @ 4GHz Mobo Asus P6X58D-E GPU Gigabyte 970 G1 RAM Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 8GB HDD Western Digital 1TB SSD Samsung 840 pro 128GB PSU Corsair TX 750w Cooling Corsair H100i Os Win 10 Pro Monitor AOC G2460PG

Mantle is not released yet. Its said to come in December for BF4

Soruce

Oh, my bad then, I'm sorry, that's actually good to hear I look forward to those benchmarks then :D.

Oh, my bad then, I'm sorry, that's actually good to hear I look forward to those benchmarks then :D.

If mantle makes a 10-15+ fps difference, then i think we'll all be impressed!

If mantle makes a 10-15+ fps difference, then i think we'll all be impressed!

Yeah, not sure if that would be enough to convince more devs to make use of it, though. Any chance we can see some 1600/1440p benchmarks?