8GB vs 16GB of RAM

Is there a noticeable difference between 8GB and 16GB of RAM for web browsing, and Photoshop?  

1 minute ago, GiGeorgiePie said:

Is there a noticeable difference between 8GB and 16GB of RAM for web browsing, and Photoshop?  

for photoshop maybe but no for web browsing 

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

1 minute ago, GiGeorgiePie said:

not much differnce for 8gb for web browsing, maybe some help for 16Gb for photoshop and video editing.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

Well web browsing and Photoshop are completely different. Web browser, no, Photoshop, definitely.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

If you're using chrome and other memory intensive tasks, it will make a difference depending on the load. If you have like 60 tabs open at a time you should consider going to 16GB. However if you're using less than that than stay with 8. I'd recommend going for 16 because RAM is cheap right now (remember when 8GB of DDR3 was $80?). It'll give you headroom so you don't have to worry about it in the future. Anyways if you play games it's time to go for 16GB since games are starting to use more RAM.

Photoshop maybe, web browser not really, but with new triple A titles recommending 12 GB of ram it would be safe investment to get 16gb. 

Unless you're a very heavy user, you're unlikely to notice as the page file will still be used for certain portions of the system.

That said, there are a few games that will run much better on 16GFB of RAM and others that won't run unless you HAVE 16GB of RAM.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Yeah you won't see much difference unless your running both working with multiple huge files in Photoshop and have a bunch of tabs running in a web browser. You'll be a little snappier maybe in PS at least it felt like it to me but the actual difference was negligible. I actually opened up a project slightly under 300mb in PS CC and exported it. I was sitting at about 7GB usage with one tab open in Chrome. That was a stitched image in Photoshop consisting of around 10-15 shot so fairly large. 

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker