radeon r9 fury vs gtx 1060

ChiefRobb
Go to solution Solved by ChiefRobb,

just placed an order for the 1060

1 minute ago, crysilis said:

you hear all those things about nvidia gimping?

im not sure that statement is correct

nope but I see amd behind nvidia for too much time to think about going amd xD

All about personal preference.

Some people prefer to have the "cooler" card, card that can perform and having a better temp on it. They will choose Nvidia. Nvidia is the king when it comes to GPU. Their cards are always faster, and more people will buy their products because their marketing is good. Their card can outperform AMD's card and yet , have a lower temperature while doing it.  So you may ask, better power efficiency , better cooler design (more aftermarket cooler you can choose from), more powerful card , what's the catch???  Price. Especially when you had your eyes on the high end products. Because of AMD cannot/have not yet come up with some high end gpu in the recent years that can out perform nvidia, nvidia is charging their higher end product a lot more than they "should". But again, remember there is nothing wrong with company making profit.

Others prefer AMD's card cos amd's card tend to perform better over the years, while Nvidia's card is the opposite.

You may ask how is that possible???? Drivers. Nvidia will not update their drivers for old cards. For example, you have a GTX970, and you will find that over time your card's performance will keep increasing, that is because the newer driver you download are optimised for your card. However I am a GTX780 user, what I will find is that compare to other cards, my card is not gaining any more performance. All the other cards are going faster but my GTX780 is standing still. That is what people called :"gimping". This sort of thing will happen to BOTH AMD and Nvidia's cards. But Nvidia is famous for it. You cannot blame them for doing this. Otherwise no one will buy the new cards and the technology is never gonna improve. I was using a GTX780. When GTX970 comes out the two cards almost perform the same, in some older title like bf4, the 780 has its small edge. Right now 780 is performing worse than 970. Just an example. 

My last gpu died, a week ago, a GTX780. So I bought a RX480. Nothing against nvidia, it is just that I wanna give amd a try. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

4 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

All about personal preference.

Some people prefer to have the "cooler" card, card that can perform and having a better temp on it. They will choose Nvidia. Nvidia is the king when it comes to GPU. Their cards are always faster, and more people will buy their products because their marketing is good. Their card can outperform AMD's card and yet , have a lower temperature while doing it.  So you may ask, better power efficiency , better cooler design (more aftermarket cooler you can choose from), more powerful card , what's the catch???  Price. Especially when you had your eyes on the high end products. Because of AMD cannot/have not yet come up with some high end gpu in the recent years that can out perform nvidia, nvidia is charging their higher end product a lot more than they "should". But again, remember there is nothing wrong with company making profit.

Others prefer AMD's card cos amd's card tend to perform better over the years, while Nvidia's card is the opposite.

You may ask how is that possible???? Drivers. Nvidia will not update their drivers for old cards. For example, you have a GTX970, and you will find that over time your card's performance will keep increasing, that is because the newer driver you download are optimised for your card. However I am a GTX780 user, what I will find is that compare to other cards, my card is not gaining any more performance. All the other cards are going faster but my GTX780 is standing still. That is what people called :"gimping". This sort of thing will happen to BOTH AMD and Nvidia's cards. But Nvidia is famous for it. You cannot blame them for doing this. Otherwise no one will buy the new cards and the technology is never gonna improve. I was using a GTX780. When GTX970 comes out the two cards almost perform the same, in some older title like bf4, the 780 has its small edge. Right now 780 is performing worse than 970. Just an example. 

My last gpu died, a week ago, a GTX780. So I bought a RX480. Nothing against nvidia, it is just that I wanna give amd a try. 

gtx 780 ti u mean. and it dosnt beat a 970

Just now, smokefest said:

gtx 780 ti u mean. and it dosnt beat a 970

NOpe. GTX780. when 970 comes out, it beats 970 on battlefield 4. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

NOpe. GTX780. when 970 comes out, it beats 970 on battlefield 4. 

ah well u look like your sure of uurself xD

i know that for now its not the case :P

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

ah well u look like your sure of uurself xD

i know that for now its not the case :P

Saw a lot of benchmarks when 970 come out. ANd I am not here to argue about nvidia.

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Saw a lot of benchmarks when 970 come out. ANd I am not here to argue about nvidia.

I said you looked sure of urself so you should be right !

Didn't say you were wrong sory i got bad english :P

I didn't check the benchmark at that time, can't say !

780 and 780ti were beasts cards tho !!!

Im in looove with thee.... paaascal cards xD

And 970 was in my opinion one of the biggest fail of Nvidia, sure was a good card, but that 3.5 gb was a riip off , false advertisement, and disappointing

1 hour ago, smokefest said:

Yeah. Those cards still kills at 1080p and medium-high 1440p gaming.

Depends on the game you play. 

3 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Yeah. Those cards still kills at 1080p and medium-high 1440p gaming.

Depends on the game you play. 

my 970 was struggeling in rise of the tomb raider, i bought a 1070 and cant be more happy, 90 fps all maxed tomb raider with MSAA anti aliasing, obviously 2XSSAA and more makes me lag like crazy super sampling too op xD !! 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hn42tJ

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  @4.8 gHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  
Storage: Samsung - 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter 
Monitor: Asus - VC279H 27.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: AZIO - MGK1 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse 
Headphones: Audio-Technica - ATH-M50  Headphones 

10 minutes ago, smokefest said:

my 970 was struggeling in rise of the tomb raider, i bought a 1070 and cant be more happy, 90 fps all maxed tomb raider with MSAA anti aliasing, obviously 2XSSAA and more makes me lag like crazy super sampling too op xD !! 

That game is really demanding. 

4 minutes ago, ChiefRobb said:

What brand??? MSI??? Gigabyte???? Asus??? EVGA???? 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

What brand??? MSI??? Gigabyte???? Asus??? EVGA???? 

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-GDDR5-Graphics-GV-N1060IXOC-6GD/dp/B01KQUDCQW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1480388282&sr=8-6&keywords=gigabyte+gtx+1060 I dont have $500 to blow on a graphics card

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hn42tJ

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  @4.8 gHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  
Storage: Samsung - 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter 
Monitor: Asus - VC279H 27.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: AZIO - MGK1 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse 
Headphones: Audio-Technica - ATH-M50  Headphones 

Worth nothing if you didn't know already the Sapphire Fury is only $260 rn through newegg, Which I think makes it a real competitor to the 1060 especially with DX12 and stuff.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]