10 keyless or Full on Linnmon desk?

Paytend01

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39932562/ That is the desk im probably going to get soon (More suggestions would be nice under like 100 usd) and was wondering if the 10 keyless keyboard like this ( https://pcpartpicker.com/product/d3yxFT/corsair-keyboard-ch9110010na ) or get a k70? I know the post is a mess, sorry 

I ALWAYS prefer the number pad. It comes in handy quite often.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

tbh ten-keyless is fine for most people, I like my numpad for pins and credit cards and stuff but unless you already use it a lot you shouldn't miss it when it's gone

I never use it to be honest, thanks :D

6 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39932562/ That is the desk im probably going to get soon (More suggestions would be nice under like 100 usd) and was wondering if the 10 keyless keyboard like this ( https://pcpartpicker.com/product/d3yxFT/corsair-keyboard-ch9110010na ) or get a k70? I know the post is a mess, sorry 

If you use the numpad at all, get a full keyboard, otherwise, 10-keyless is fine.
You could also go for 10-keyless and an additional separate numpad like this one: https://www.amazon.com/V7-KP1019-USB-4NB-Low-Profile-Numeric-Keypad/dp/B017YOXL82

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

K65 Definitely, I like the switches better than the K70. Also, nice profile picture, I've been addicted to that game the past few days lol.

1 minute ago, 1Reshiram12 said:

K65 Definitely, I like the switches better than the K70. Also, nice profile picture, I've been addicted to that game the past few days lol.

Its a great game :D i have been going through burnout lately and might quit lol. The Division is my game right now 

K70 is amazing, its usefull to have the Numpad because there are games that use it and its nice once you get used to it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I hate a keyboards with a keypad now. After upgrading to a tournament edition razor from a regular razor black widow and then to a k65 rapid fire I can safly say that I won't miss hitting the keyboard with my mouse again ?

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

K70 is amazing, its usefull to have the Numpad because there are games that use it and its nice once you get used to it

Couldn't i just use the arrow keys?or other keys?

Just now, RS2007GOD said:

I hate a keyboards with a keypad now. After upgrading to a tournament edition razor from a regular razor black widow and then to a k65 rapid fire I can safly say that I won't miss hitting the keyboard with my mouse again ?

Hey, how is that I3? I was thinking about getting one :D

i'll put it like this:

you can live without a number pad, but every time you need to punch in more than 2-3 numbers (see, i just used my numpad there) you'll miss it since 2-3 (without a numpad ;)) took me significantly longer to type, times the amount of character s needed, equals time and annoyance saved :P

there's also *some* games (the ones that are coded terribly) where some features are hardcoded to the numpad, and cannot be "emulated" with a tenkeyless. in my opinion desk size is not really an argument for not having a numpad, because in terms of a desk it's *really* not the big space saving, and if you're one of those people who prefer to play games with pencils jammed under their armpits you can always try alternative keybindings to move your hand more to the right.

i'm sure someone of the opposite opinion will come in and prove me wrong, but it's eventually all up to you which side you pick.

2 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

Just now, manikyath said:

you're one of those people who prefer to play games with pencils jammed under their armpits

please explain how your arms are that close together that happens :P

Just now, Paytend01 said:

some games and software use the numpad(Blender for software and G-mod for games just as examples) and seeing as those use the num pad there is no way to use those shortcuts or features without  a program that remaps your keyboards layout like Sharpkeys and seeing as i have both used Blender and palyed a couplle hundred hours of Gmod i for one NEED the numpad, TKL is fine for most people because most people dont have games or software that utilize the numpad but buying a TKL keyboard is like cutting off a bit of what you can do with it so i always go full unless i need a portable keyboard

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ever since I used TkL its honestly been awesome, if games need more buttons i bind it to my mouse, no worries :) as long as you have a macro able mouse you should be fine

Also get gerton desk or TORNLIDEN

Gerton is solid wood :D 

Tornliden is particle/fiber board D: 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

some games and software use the numpad(Blender for software and G-mod for games just as examples) and seeing as those use the num pad there is no way to use those shortcuts or features without  a program that remaps your keyboards layout like Sharpkeys and seeing as i have both used Blender and palyed a couplle hundred hours of Gmod i for one NEED the numpad, TKL is fine for most people because most people dont have games or software that utilize the numpad but buying a TKL keyboard is like cutting off a bit of what you can do with it so i always go full unless i need a portable keyboard

Should i get the k65 and a numpad for when i need it?

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Ever since I used TkL its honestly been awesome, if games need more buttons i bind it to my mouse, no worries :) as long as you have a macro able mouse you should be fine

Also get gerton desk or TORNLIDEN

Gerton is solid wood :D 

Tornliden is particle/fiber board D: 

Any good mice you recommend? I am planning on playing Cs and mobas as well. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49004737/ This desk? It looks pretty nice

6 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

well, see it like this:

for gaming the numpad is 17 extra keys to put bindings on (minimap adnd UI stuff on the keypad is amazing, it's out the way of accidental presses, and organised for the moments you actually need them)

and in mapping keys, the arrow keys are more or less the most useless keys on your keyboard, last time i manually mounted something to the arrow keys it was a UI element i only needed every so often "in cases where time was not of the essence"

actually, home/del/end/pgdn make better arrow keys than the arrow keys because of the potential other keys you can reach with that hand.

1 minute ago, Paytend01 said:

Should i get the k65 and a numpad for when i need it?

i would get the K70 but if you think you will never do anything that will use a numpad then go with what you think is the better product, for me without a numpad can be a pain, i dont use it much but its nice for when im doing calculations for price and stuff as and when as i said i use software or play games that need one

Builds:

Spoiler

Any good mice you recommend? I am planning on playing Cs and mobas as well. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49004737/ This desk? It looks pretty nice

How many monitors do you have?

IF 1 then that size is fine, if 2 then get atleaste a 60+ inch desk

Just now, Aytex said:

1 at the moment, but it should be fine if i get this and mount the monitors to the wall ? like with a vesa mount or something

1 at the moment, but it should be fine if i get this and mount the monitors to the wall ? like with a vesa mount or something

If the budget allows just get the gerton :) its a full solid board and it wont bend like the linnoman's particleboard or fiberboard's will if too much weight is applied on the middle

If you vesa to the wall it should lesson the weight if you want to get a liinnoman though 

you can fit two monitors on a 40 freedom unit desk, but it's less than ideal :P

10 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Hey, how is that I3? I was thinking about getting one :D

They are actualy pretty good IMO lmao long as you don't expect to be running 1080 sli. My 980ti its bottlenecked with it but heh I don't even notice it tbh. Plays league flawless.

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

If the budget allows just get the gerton :) its a full solid board and it wont bend like the linnoman's particleboard or fiberboard's will if too much weight is applied on the middle

If you vesa to the wall it should lesson the weight if you want to get a liinnoman though 

Should i be safe and get the larger one? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49004756/

I dont think im going to get the gerton its alittle much in my opinion 

1 minute ago, RS2007GOD said:

They are actualy pretty good IMO lmao long as you don't expect to be running 1080 sli. My 980ti its bottlenecked with it but heh I don't even notice it tbh. Plays league flawless.

I was thinking about 1060 + i3 6100. It would be my first pc as im a console peasant at the moment