Clearing localhost possible?

So I'm designing a website and serving it locally using xampp. I'm making changes to the page like the body background in css but it won't reflect the changes when I refresh the homepage. I suspect that my PC cached it so it's not trying to double check the correct background image. Is there a way to clear the history of the my localhost only so it will try to retrieve images every time I reload?

My system: CPU: Intel i5 6500; Mobo: H110M-k; GPU: Nvidia GT 730; Memory: 16 GB; HDD: 2x 1TB HDD;

When developing websites or web apps I always view them in Chrome's Incognito Mode, that way nothing is cached.

-KuJoe

15 hours ago, KuJoe said:

When developing websites or web apps I always view them in Chrome's Incognito Mode, that way nothing is cached.

Thanks! It totally worked.

My system: CPU: Intel i5 6500; Mobo: H110M-k; GPU: Nvidia GT 730; Memory: 16 GB; HDD: 2x 1TB HDD;

As stated above due to local cache, either force refresh (CTRL + F5) or use incognito

A useful tool is called livepages its a chrome plugin where it auto reloads when a root file is modified! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/livepage/pilnojpmdoofaelbinaeodfpjheijkbh?hl=en

You can clone the github repo and side load it if you don't wish to pay

5 hours ago, D14RAP said:

A useful tool is called livepages its a chrome plugin where it auto reloads when a root file is modified! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/livepage/pilnojpmdoofaelbinaeodfpjheijkbh?hl=en

You can clone the github repo and side load it if you don't wish to pay

This is also a feature you get with some editors.

You can also open the chrome developer tools, this allows you to disable the cache and view any headers in AJAX requests, useful if you don't know why something is doing the wrong thing when getting data from JSON.