Where did you learn ''how to build a computer''

I'm Batman

my friend had one and i wanted one so he taught me now i teach my other friends who want one just kidding i dont have other friends....lol

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

First How to build a PC video I watched was by Carey Holzman

In this forum

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Yippy McFlippy

I've seen that before xD

I learned from Paul and Linus

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

CareyHolzman^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

by disassembling old computers

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I didn't, by the time it came to put together my first computer, I already knew enough to know how to do it....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Hours and hours of watching videos on youtube.

A8-5500 + Asus F2 A85V-Pro + xfx 7870 ghz + 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws X + CM Storm Scout 2

Just do it, its not that hard but does require some care, common sense and proficiency with a few tools. Start by taking an old computer apart and putting it back together and have it work.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Helped my uncle assemble the first ever Apple in a case made of wood.

He later sold it for enough money to buy a house.

I had used a text guide, and obviously the manuals that came with the parts. For my second build I had to look up a couple videos since I wasn't really sure how to wire a Mini ITX.

I also had some help from

4chan /g/ to help my with my parts, since I wasn't really on many forums.

CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz      RAMKingston HyperX Grey Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)      MOBO: ASRock Z77E-ITX  

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 1060 6GB     HDD's: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  

PSUSilverStone Strider ST50F-P 500W       Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black)    

whats a computer?

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

linus

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

My dad thinks it's a cardinal sin to buy a pre assembled computer, so I was forced to learn how to build a computer. 

Best father a nerd could ask for.

As for me, I built one around the age of 13 (I believe? Sometime in middle school I think.) with the help of one of my father's friends. Well technically he made it...and used a pirated copy of Windows XP I believe because it was buggy as hell. This year I built my own and I did watch many youtube videos just to refresh my memory, since I didn't do it myself really the first time.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

My dad showed my when I was 5 and that was when we built our family computer, when I was 8 I built my own which was really a upgrade to our old family pc :P

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Friend helped me build my first gaming computer--then internet and some more hands-on experience. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

When I was about 7 or 8, I took apart and put back together my Dell tower that I got for Christmas that year. I was in love with taking apart and putting together computers ever since.

Youtube + forums.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

My dad is a computer consultant (fixes computers, does network setup, etc.). So for my first computer, I pieced together different parts from my dads office. I.E. pulled a working mobo from one computer, working ram from another. It was horribly outdated as the parts were from discarded computers, but I was so proud of that thing. Lots of trial and error figuring out what's what, and all the wiring, but I got it to work after hours of work. I think it was a Pentium 3 machine with 256mb ram and a 40gb HDD.

I learned from YouTube - LTT, Newegg, Tek Syndicate, and people at my dads work place who knew how to build one.

- Cole Henning -

Windows7323

Watching linus' 1500 build guide earlier this year inspired me to build my own and so I watched a ton of LTT and syndicate videos and then just ordered some parts. I probably should have prepped more and actually tried to route cables but I'm happy with the "blue badger" as my brother calls it

Sent from my Febreze Air Freshener using Forum Freshener

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.