I'm a bit worried about my external hard drive purchase.

divided_throwaway

I bought a new 2.5" 4 TB Seagate external USB HDD on eBay for around £110, and since I've done some research regretfully after my purchase, I found out that people have been having issues with that brand, with many of them reporting reliability issues. I do, however, have a broken Western Digital laptop HDD, but it was caused from improper shutdown and the hard drive head to crash onto the platter; nevertheless, I managed to get data recovered from it. I don't intend to use my Seagate hard drive very much, more to just store data in it and access it very occasionally, so I believe that any issues with the drive might be minimised. I've already moved lots of files into it. Will the purchase be justified for my use case, or will I have to find something else?

Linus' earrings suit him

Please check out this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/659360-saints-row-2s-features/

Rizen and Vehga 2017

I've had 3 Seagate drives fail. That said, the Seagate drive in my LaCie external has survived several years, 3 moves to different provinces where it was jostled around quite a bit. It'll be replaced with another LaCie 5tb external next year.

I wouldn't worry about it, but generally people research the product before purchase, not after. Might want to try that next time ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

I've had 3 Seagate drives fail. That said, the Seagate drive in my LaCie external has survived several years, 3 moves to different provinces where it was jostled around quite a bit. It'll be replaced with another LaCie 5tb external next year.

I wouldn't worry about it, but generally people research the product before purchase, not after. Might want to try that next time ;)

I've heard that Hitachi are a good drive company, but they don't really target consumers when I browsed their website. That said, I'm using a WD mobile internal drive from a different laptop (since that laptop's mobo or something died), and I doubt it's been used as much since that other laptop was newer.

Linus' earrings suit him

Please check out this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/659360-saints-row-2s-features/

Rizen and Vehga 2017