Everything on the forum takes AGES to load.

imPixelTV

the title says it all really. takes me about a min and a half to load the front page and about 30sec to load a thread. as shitty as my internet is, it's not where the fault lies.

I'm using Firefox 50 on Windows 7 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0) but the issue has been there on previous Firefox versions on Windows Vista, 7, 8.1, 10 and Linux (Ubuntu and Mint). Chrome is worse.

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

It is much faster than that for me (always < 5 seconds), and according to our telementry that is much slower than almost everyone else. Can you try something (in Firefox):

• Open the dev tools using F12
  • Click the cog at the right end of the dev tab bar
  • Make sure that "Disable HTTP Cache" (under advanced settings, at the right of the tools) is UNCHECKED
  • Switch to the network tab
  • Refresh the page
  • Let it finish loading
  • Scroll to the top of the network panel, and expand the dev tools to be as large as possible
  • Take a screenshot of the tools (the waterfall chart and associated data is what I'm interested in) and post it here.
  • Ideally, if you can scroll down and take more screenshots so that all parts of the network data are screenshotted, it would help, but the top is the important part I think.

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It is much faster than that for me (always < 5 seconds), and according to our telementry that is much slower than almost everyone else. Can you try something (in Firefox):

• Open the dev tools using F12
  • Click the cog at the right end of the dev tab bar
  • Make sure that "Disable HTTP Cache" (under advanced settings, at the right of the tools) is UNCHECKED
  • Switch to the network tab
  • Refresh the page
  • Let it finish loading
  • Scroll to the top of the network panel, and expand the dev tools to be as large as possible
  • Take a screenshot of the tools (the waterfall chart and associated data is what I'm interested in) and post it here.
  • Ideally, if you can scroll down and take more screenshots so that all parts of the network data are screenshotted, it would help, but the top is the important part I think.

i have the whole list if you need it.

ltt1.png

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

1 minute ago, imPixelTV said:

i have the whole list if you need it.

ltt1.png

According to that screenshot, the page had fully loaded in less than 10 seconds, and should have been usable after about 5.

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

According to that screenshot, the page had fully loaded in less than 10 seconds, and should have been usable after about 5.

most of the time, it takes a min or so :/

could it have something to do with my top-quality PC and router spazzing out? usually takes a lot longer to load

bregsit

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

most of the time, it takes a min or so :/

could it have something to do with my top-quality PC and router spazzing out? usually takes a lot longer to load

Can you try doing those steps for a slow page load?

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you try doing those steps for a slow page load?

usually happens if i dont use the site for a few hours. gets better after a while

bregsit

Spoiler