Nvidia 375.86 driver has issues

Techicolors

Version 375.95 is out

Capture.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

375.95 is a good driver...happy to report ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Crap getting a 1060 this week for my htpc. Use a 290 vapor x in my main rig. First time going Nvidia for one of my builds.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:01 AM, Trik'Stari said:

I'm so very happy that I did a complete driver wipe last weekend, uninstalled Geforce Experience, and installed the driver alone, without Experience.

Haven't had a single issue since then, including issues I was having at the beginning of said weekend (screens going black, losing signal. According to Windows Event Viewer, the driver had crashed and "recovered" only it hadn't recovered and my monitors weren't getting a signal. I would have to hard reset, and turn the PC back on with one of the monitors plugged into the motherboard itself to get things to come back).

Cannot wait for the 490 to come out, so I can switch to team red and see what that's like. Only ever had Nvidia graphics cards. Tired of the shit support for triple monitor (no offense to shit)

After reading this, I did exactly the same thing and it works! no more problems! Thanks

On 16/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, AresKrieger said:

AMD had bad drivers for ages which is why they had poor performance despite seemly high specs and the reputation, Nvidia has only seemed to have major issues for the last 6-8 months maybe a bit longer, however if they keep this up they'll gain a bad reputation on drivers

Op are the issues on all platforms or just windows 10.......again.....

(keep in mind Nvidia is at fault regardless just curious)

Nvidia's driver issues started around June 2015, just after the release of TW3... that is when their shit started hitting the fan for real. And it's been dripping into the fan ever since

12 minutes ago, Prysin said:

great. Just a coincidence that it failed to install twice on my GTX 950 then.

i'd say it's probably because you don't have a GTX 950 bro ;)

8 minutes ago, Prysin said:

again, you are so wrong it's simply hillarious

i don't know then your card is probably too weak for the new drivers cause they installed flawlessly on mine.

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 1:12 AM, huilun02 said:

Its just their way of telling us that the 1080Ti is coming

If so winter is coming and people will die because they won't heat their home because usually their pc was doing it, pro tip which driver issues ruined ;)

I've stopped updating drivers ever since I yanked GeForce Experience off my computer...seems like I'm not missing much and better off.

On 11/20/2016 at 4:59 PM, jman629 said:

Crap getting a 1060 this week for my htpc. Use a 290 vapor x in my main rig. First time going Nvidia for one of my builds.

you are going to be so dissapointed by it :D

8 hours ago, spamy666 said:

After reading this, I did exactly the same thing and it works! no more problems! Thanks

No problem.

Now I'm just having issues with my OS install. Every single time I start my computer up, it wants to run checkdisk and wigs out whether I do or do not allow it to run.

According to samsung magician, my primary SSD (my C drive, a samsung 840 pro) is still in "good" health with something like 12 tb written to it over it's lifespan.

I'm also having an issue with my Noctua fans on my radiator not coming on. they twitch for a bit but eventually stop. I'm worried that the headers on the mobo are bad.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

9 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

No problem.

Now I'm just having issues with my OS install. Every single time I start my computer up, it wants to run checkdisk and wigs out whether I do or do not allow it to run.

According to samsung magician, my primary SSD (my C drive, a samsung 840 pro) is still in "good" health with something like 12 tb written to it over it's lifespan.

I'm also having an issue with my Noctua fans on my radiator not coming on. they twitch for a bit but eventually stop. I'm worried that the headers on the mobo are bad.

I don't want to copy, but I'm having the same issue with my SanDisk SSD. Exactly the same thing is happening with me. sometimes, the OS doesnt even load up, other times it does the CheckDisk and Disk Repair. After it does that it boots up fine. Happened loads of times now.

16 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i don't know then your card is probably too weak for the new drivers cause they installed flawlessly on mine.

if that was your best attempt at an insult, then you arent very good at it.

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

if that was your best attempt at an insult, then you arent very good at it.

why would i want to insult you? just because you hate me and keep poking me for it...nahhh...i'm zen brother.

lul, Still waiting to move off from the ancient driver I'm still using. Looks like the 980 Ti might have to leave soon. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

why would i want to insult you? just because you hate me and keep poking me for it...nahhh...i'm zen brother.

again you are wrong. I do not hate you, i simply correct you where you are wrong. Just because i often correct you doesn't mean i hate you.

2016 is an interesting year. Coldplay is being played in night clubs, Trump is elected US president, and AMD has had the best GPU drivers for 9 months running.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

In my office there are a number of pcs with low end nvidia cards. I ALWAYS have issues with drivers and with geforce experience. 

Either the driver doesnt recognize the card, or experience wont download the new.driver. 

At home i recently made a new itx build with a 1070 strix  and the regular driver refused to install. I had to install experience, which forced me to sign up for an account in order to use the program and install a driver. 

Its literal bs. The worst i had with amd was needing to use ddu because calatalyst wouldnt appear when i right clicked the desktop. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

14 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

2016 is an interesting year. Coldplay is being played in night clubs, Trump is elected US president, and AMD has had the best GPU drivers for 9 months running.

That's only because they've only released like 2 actual drivers during that period...

Of course I'm only joking, Nvidia have had a bad time of it recently. AMD do seem to have stepped it up while Nvidia are going full Ubisoft.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

In my office there are a number of pcs with low end nvidia cards. I ALWAYS have issues with drivers and with geforce experience. 

Why do you need to update the driver or even install GFE for your office PC with low end cards? To optimize spreadsheet for fluid 60fps? :P 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |