New youtube features

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

So my friend is an idiot and can't seem to find the dark theme setting.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

yeah I got that around a week ago maybe.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

So my friend is an idiot and can't seem to find the dark theme setting.

Top left big light switch xD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Top left big light switch xD

Ah, I was looking in the settings menu.

My friend thanks you.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Had it for 2 weeks on my desktop but still not here on my laptop.
But on my laptop, there is a new comment section.

3P3X2p0.png

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Have had the watched bar you are showing since before I moved back to California  on aug 9th only appears on my desktop mobil and laptops don't have it yet. Have also had changes to layout of setting and a colored CC box instead of just grey or white on black back ground

captop text has been changing  from Video to video on auto generated captions. It swaps between different contrast and colors. Also pined comments are back for some creators but seems region specific ATM

Noticed that just yesterday, thought "that thumbnail is odd" until I got it.

Reasonable YouTube added this, in between YouTube and content creators, subscriptions and minutes watched are much more of a value then views for a while now.

We do what we can, because we must.

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

Anyone else getting this feature? It just showed up a few minutes ago for me:

bandicam 2016-11-14 19-09-56-707.png

New bar at the bottom of watched videos that shows how much of it you viewed.

This is way more visible than the "watched" translucent tag at the top, which now only shows up if you watched the full length of a video.

I think this is a great feature, makes it a lot more obvious what I have seen or not, or what I had to leave half way watched and wanted to come back to finish later.

Also for people with slight OCD, it is like an incentive to watch the full video, which will benefit content creators with watch time %.

Thoughts? :)

Also, creators can pin posts:

Capture.PNG

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

Anyone else getting this feature? It just showed up a few minutes ago for me:

bandicam 2016-11-14 19-09-56-707.png

New bar at the bottom of watched videos that shows how much of it you viewed.

This is way more visible than the "watched" translucent tag at the top, which now only shows up if you watched the full length of a video.

I think this is a great feature, makes it a lot more obvious what I have seen or not, or what I had to leave half way watched and wanted to come back to finish later.

Also for people with slight OCD, it is like an incentive to watch the full video, which will benefit content creators with watch time %.

Thoughts? :)

for a moment i thought "how likely is it that that bar could also mean how many reports left until the video get's taken down?"

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

No idea then :/

omg this change looks disgusting, I absolutely hate having the red bar.....

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

yes i have this also. its really useful to see which videos ive watched and it saves my video progress if i get interrupted

this is

1 stupid on its own, videos are now harder to see if they have been watched

2 broken, my videos never get passed the first 10% even if i have watched the full video

here is an idea, fix the fucking piss poor encoding that renders most modern game videos almost unwatchable..seriously not acceptable

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

42 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

this is

2 broken, my videos never get passed the first 10% even if i have watched the full video

here is an idea, fix the fucking piss poor encoding that renders most modern game videos almost unwatchable..seriously not acceptable

It works for me...

Have you tried refreshing the page after watching?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

this is

I don't know what problem your having, but my Mum's 2003 laptop with its Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, 2GB DDR and Mobility Radeon 9000igp can play videos just fine at 480p (limit set by the CPU).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

It works for me...

Have you tried refreshing the page after watching?

ive had it a while and it never works

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Yet I still can't check my comment history or even get notified when someone replies to it.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

3 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

ive had it a while and it never works

That's really weird because it's extremely accurate for me.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Remixt said:

Yet I still can't check my comment history or even get notified when someone replies to it.

That works fine for me too.

Why is everyone else's youtube messed up except mine??

xD

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

That works fine for me too.

Why is everyone else's youtube messed up except mine??

xD

Please tell me how to view your previous comments, because according to Youtube support staff the feature doesn't exist. I'm serious though, I'm dying to know what I said after I forget at the end of the day.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

3 minutes ago, Remixt said:

Please tell me how to view your previous comments, because according to Youtube support staff the feature doesn't exist. I'm serious though, I'm dying to know what I said after I forget at the end of the day.

There is a menu at the top right corner of the youtube page, you click that and you can see all the replies to your comments or comments you've commented on. You can also change what you get notifications for in the google settings, so if you want emails for replies to your comment, or you want emails for comments on your videos, or emails for replies to a comment you replied to, etc.... 

Spoiler

There is a menu at the top right corner of the youtube page, you click that and you can see all the replies to your comments or comments you've commented on. You can also change what you get notifications for in the google settings, so if you want emails for replies to your comment, or you want emails for comments on your videos, or emails for replies to a comment you replied to, etc.... 

Specifically where? I only have the option to view comments made on my videos. 

Capture.PNG

13 minutes ago, Remixt said:

Specifically where? I only have the option to view comments made on my videos. 

In the notifications...

bandicam 2016-11-15 13-24-27-200.png

You can't see all the comments you've made, but you can see people's replies to your comment, or people's replies to the comment that you also replied to.

Spoiler

In the notifications...

bandicam 2016-11-15 13-24-27-200.png

You can't see all the comments you've made, but you can see people's replies to your comment, or people's replies to the comment that you also replied to.

Oh yeah, that doesn't work for me. It also doesn't let you see your own comments. 

1 minute ago, Remixt said:

Oh yeah, that doesn't work for me. It also doesn't let you see your own comments. 

You can see them if someone's replied to it.

Idk why you would want to read your own comments again if nobody replied...?

It only matters if someone replied, so that you have context for their reply.

Are you sure your youtube account is linked to google properly? With google+?

Spoiler