New MacBook Pro outsold every competing laptop in just five days – Slice Intelligence

56 minutes ago, MrE said:

I am actually not surprised. A lot of people where waiting for the new macbook since it's been a long time since it last got updated.
I am going to buy one, despite the issues I am having with it, because I have to. I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Since windows is not an option and linux would to some extent but is just too much of a hassle and lacks the tools/apps I use for work. OSX is the only option, and hackintosh are out of the question as well since I cannot take any chances with it crashing. It needs to work all the time every time.

So yea.. not surprised and, like I said, don't think I am alone here.

Exactly where I stand, only difference is that I'm not buying it, rather go hackintosh than buy new accessories and dongles in the same time. Also prefer laptop that are easy to service/maintain on my own.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

28 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

Sorry, but could you maybe elaborate that,  curious to your reasoning or grounding of it. Right now it just looks like mindless shit throwing.

Sure, it means most Apple users don't realise they're buying hugely underpowered hardware for hugely inflated prices and they simply buy it blindly because Tim Cook says they should and it shows a certain status to their friends.

If Tim cook were to tell them a shit in a box was the next big thing they'd still buy it.

Not all Apple users are this way but the large majority are, they have no understanding of computers at all, they simply buy the next Apple regardless.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

34 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Exactly where I stand, only difference is that I'm not buying it, rather go hackintosh than buy new accessories and dongles in the same time. Also prefer laptop that are easy to service/maintain on my own.

I did think long and hard about this. If I had the previous version MBP I would not upgrade. But I am moving from an iMac 2013. That said, it does help that it's a business expense so I can deduct it in tax!

25 minutes ago, MrE said:

I did think long and hard about this. If I had the previous version MBP I would not upgrade. But I am moving from an iMac 2013. That said, it does help that it's a business expense so I can deduct it in tax!

While I'm moving from a 2012 non retina MBP to, most probably if nothing better pop-up or something similar without the gamer look, the 15" alienware, hits all the spots and if I manage to get osx running in it it basically becomes my dream laptop minus the disgusting gamer look

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

This is exactly the kind of stereotyping and generic bashing I'm talking about.  People who make these kind of comments should look in the mirror before they start calling other people stupid.

Throwing personal attacks at me merely shows that you don't have any valid retort to my statement.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Not all Apple users are this way but the large majority are, they have no understanding of computers at all, they simply buy the next Apple regardless.

This is not only limited to Apple users.  There are a ton of tech consumers out there who don't understand a thing about the tech they buy.

27 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Throwing personal attacks at me merely shows that you don't have any valid retort to my statement.

You mean your completely stereotypical statement that has no reasoning or facts whatsoever?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

21 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Being a tech, I find there is a huge difference between Mac and PC users. PC users tend to purchase and machine that fits their needs and and personality. Much more customizable for the user. Mac users just but a Mac regardless of use. Almost every college student I see has one, and uses it for email and FB. They upgrade because it's uncool to have the older MacBook Pro. It's all based on Generation. Just like Phones. Marketing pushes the consumer to desire the newer product regardless of any practical reason.

Great for Apple,  garbage for the consumers. For anyone skeptical of Apple pricing,  a 200 dollar pair of Beats by Dre that gets sold by Apple,  I can purchase for ~90 bucks.  I get charged 5% store cost...... Great job Apple. Another brand for the mindless drones.

RIP Steve Jobs.

Jobs was leading the charge when it came to this kind of marketing. This IS his vision. Apple was doing exactly the same things when he was alive.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

They would riot like hell. Just look at the trackpad buttons, a lot of the ThinkPad users got real mad when they removed the physical buttons.

The target of thinkpad machines has always been very different though. Somebody who likes thinkpads would not even consider a macbook and vice versa. They basically represent two opposites, apple goes for form over function where thinkpads are all about function over form.

I mean just look at them:

lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-t460p-front-side-5.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

26 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

This is not only limited to Apple users.  There are a ton of tech consumers out there who don't understand a thing about the tech they buy.

You mean your completely stereotypical statement that has no reasoning or facts whatsoever?

1) Customers not understanding is one thing however I take issue when a company jacks up prices (sometimes by 100s of %) because they know most of their consumers are clueless and will just buy it regardless.

2) You want facts.... fine.

Overpriced and underpowered hardware

$200 for an 8GB RAM Upgrade?

$300 for an NVME SSD Upgrade? (Remember your already paying for a HDD in the base price)

$600 for an AMD R9 290 Mobile GPU in your 5K retina IMac?

A PRO marketed consumer laptop which is limited to 16GB of RAM, has a dual core CPU, no dedicated GPU, no SD card slot, only 2 USB C ports, does not support Thunderbolt 3 at all, cannot connect to Apples own flagship smartphone without a $50 adapter and cannot power a USB device and its own internal WiFi at the same time. And all for the measly sum of $2500.

And its broken sales records? Why is that exactly? Is it because the Pros are buying it? Or is it because its the same old ISheep crowd who bought last years model and will buy next years model regardless of pricing or specs?

Listen you have to be pretty clueless or blind to be defending Apples hardware at this point. For the same price as the Mac Book Pro I can buy a Razer Blade Stealth and an external GPU to attach to it and still have some change. The Stealth will be much more powerful, have more connectivity, a longer battery life and play games way better than the MBP will.

On the flip side I actually think Apples software is some of the best around, IOS is an amazing phone OS and IMO MacOS is THE BEST OS you can run on your desktop fullstop.

And don't think this is squarely an Apple thing either, if Samsung release the S8 with no 3.5mm jack and expect users to buy adapters to connect existing headsets to it (and HTC for that matter) then I will be aiming the same hatred over in their direction too.

There is no excuse for a company as big as Apple to be so anti consumer.

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The target of thinkpad machines has always been very different though. Somebody who likes thinkpads would not even consider a macbook and vice versa. They basically represent two opposites, apple goes for form over function where thinkpads are all about function over form.

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep. I would never ever buy a laptop that put form over function, I think that is retarded.

The XPS 15 is right on the edge for me.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Every company jacks up prices to one degree or another.  Have you ever bought a professional camera before?

Everyone knows that Apple adds a premium on their prices, but in return what do people get:

• Free OS and updates
  • Free productivity suite (Pages, Keynotes, Numbers)
  • Hardware that's been tested and OS that's optimized to run on that hardware
  • Hardware that's designed to look nice, and that actually works right out of the box.  There are consumers who simply want that, something that looks nice and works without them having to tweak or configure every little thing.

Apple does not support Thunderbolt 3?  Apple was the first to add Thunderbolt to its computers.  And while the MacBook (not the MB Pro) does not have Thunderbolt, the MB Pros do.  Also, Apple's MacBooks (Pros, non-Pro models, etc.) are primarily aimed at people who will be mobile and not keep their portable machines sitting on their desks 24/7 connected to multitudes of peripherals.  Mobility doesn't mean connecting several devices when you're on the road.

I don't care what you can buy, you are free to buy whatever hardware you want.  Not my problem, so don't think just because you buy what you like that you are making a better choice than anyone else.

Also don't mention playing games when you start bashing Apple products.  Apple is not targeting gamers.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

26 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

They're also aimed at people who do different things.  I'd probably get a ThinkPad if I were an engineer that didn't have to carry any other heavy equipment besides a laptop.  But since I do carry a lot of heavy equipment, I prefer the sleeker MBP.

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Every company jacks up prices to one degree or another.  Have you ever bought a professional camera before?

Everyone knows that Apple adds a premium on their prices, but in return what do people get:

• Free OS and updates
  • Free productivity suite (Pages, Keynotes, Numbers)
  • Hardware that's been tested and OS that's optimized to run on that hardware
  • Hardware that's designed to look nice, and that actually works right out of the box.  There are consumers who simply want that, something that looks nice and works without them having to tweak or configure every little thing.

Apple does not support Thunderbolt 3?  Apple was the first to add Thunderbolt to its computers.  And while the MacBook (not the MB Pro) does not have Thunderbolt, the MB Pros do.  Also, Apple's MacBooks (Pros, non-Pro models, etc.) are primarily aimed at people who will be mobile and not keep their portable machines sitting on their desks 24/7 connected to multitudes of peripherals.  Mobility doesn't mean connecting several devices when you're on the road.

I don't care what you can buy, you are free to buy whatever hardware you want.  Not my problem, so don't think just because you buy what you like that you are making a better choice than anyone else.

Also don't mention playing games when you start bashing Apple products.  Apple is not targeting gamers.

Not every company charges 200% more than the retail cost for a RAM upgrade, thats just greed.

Not every company charges up to $70 for an adapter to connect to a port THEY removed, thats just greed.

Windows 10 was free for 12 months, everyone complained.

Microsoft (or Linux for that matter) have never charged for an update.

Microsoft started including productivity software with Windows and Apple sued them for being anti competitive, go figure.

Hardware thats been specifically chosen by Apple to provide maximum return on investment.

I've always said Apple is form over function and the last 12 months has only proven me to be correct.

I didn't say Apple don't support TB, I said the MBP doesn't support TB3. Its a bug, google is your friend.

I don't care what you choose to buy and at no point have I ever claimed to be better than anybody, I am merely pointing out obvious facts about Apples hardware, IT IS OVERPRICED AND UNDERPOWERED.

Apple is not targeting gamers? So why did they create their own gaming API to directly compete against Vulkan then? Once again they are looking to segregate and corner their own market share by forcing them into only using Metal for gaming effectively creating a walled garden which they will find it very difficult to escape from, just like Itunes, Icloud and Facetime. Once your in your in and if you want to leave then you lose all of your investment.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I didn't say Apple don't support TB, I said the MBP doesn't support TB3. Its a bug, google is your friend.

Have you used the new MBP yourself and tested this statement to be true or are you repeating what a few other people have said?

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Microsoft (or Linux for that matter) have never charged for an update.

Microsoft never charge for an update?  Then I wonder why I paid money for a license of Windows 7 when I wanted to replace my Windows XP machines with Win 7?

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Apple is not targeting gamers? So why did they create their own gaming API to directly compete against Vulkan then?

Just because they created an API doesn't mean they are targeting gamers.  They API might be there just so developers who do want to reach out to the consumers who use Apple computers can be targeted when they develop games.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I am merely pointing out obvious facts about Apples hardware, IT IS OVERPRICED AND UNDERPOWERED.

The base model of the new 15 inch MBP from Apple costs roughly $2400.  A Dell or HP workstation that's configured to have similar specs (CPU clock speed, amount of memory and storage, similar workstation type GPU) costs roughly $2400.

What's your point?

People know Apple does not necessarily put the fastest or latest hardware in their machines.

57 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Have you used the new MBP yourself and tested this statement to be true or are you repeating what a few other people have said?

Apple used Texas Instruments Gen 2 TB3 controller, so a lot of TB3 products (keep in mind, it was on early adopters who had any tb3 products) using the Gen 1 controller don't work. But it's still not clear whether that's Apple's fault or TI/Intel's fault. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

What most people saying "the MBP is underpowered and not a workstation" forget is that it depends on the type of work you are doing.

Sure for computer science studends and video editors it might seem so but if you're working with Music production or are a musician Apple's ecosystem is simply better. It just works out of the box, has better software, more music related hardware and better compatibility. Plus the trackpad doesn't suck donkey balls like every Lenovo trackpad.

It all depends on the type of work you are doing, although I agree the USB-C only situation is pretty crappy and Apple deserved the criticism for it. My argument doesn't apply to the 2016 MBP but for pretty much every MBP before that it's true.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Vode said:

What most people saying "the MBP is underpowered and not a workstation" forget is that it depends on the type of work you are doing.

Sure for computer science studends and video editors it might seem so but if you're working with Music production or are a musician Apple's ecosystem is simply better. It just works out of the box, has better software, more music related hardware and better compatibility. Plus the trackpad doesn't suck donkey balls like every Lenovo trackpad.

It all depends on the type of work you are doing, although I agree the USB-C only situation is pretty crappy and Apple deserved the criticism for it. My argument doesn't apply to the 2016 MBP but for pretty much every MBP before that it's true.

No. Macs are bad at gaming and therefore they are shit. But seriously, the people who say that have their heads shoved so far up their own assholes they don't even know Trump is the president-elect. The 13" is priced competitively with the XPS 13, the 13" OLED is basically identical to the base 13", but costs $300 more (so OLED costs $300 for anyone who wants it), The 15" is noticeably more than the XPS 15, but it also has a better trackpad, Radeon Pro GPU, better SSD, better display, and OLED bar.

For video editors, there is FCP, which is much faster -- so if it meets your needs, then Macs are great for video editing. As a CS student, there isn't any downside to using a Mac (if anything, I'd say it's still better than Windows since it is far more similar to Linux, which is what's commonly used in CS). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@djdwosk97

It depends what you need.

Are you an engineer or builder? Get a Surface Book or Surface Pro 4, the Touchscreen is great for those people.

Are you a musician? MBP all the way.

Are you a gamer? Get a freaking gaming Laptop with a RX460/GTX 1050 or up to GTX 1080.

´There are options for all of the above between 1000 to 2500 bucks.

All of the above have some feature that will make some people cringe.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Just going to point this out...

Calling people who don't share your point of view children does not help your argument.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

1 minute ago, PocketNerd said:

Just going to point this out...

Calling people who don't share your point of view children does not help your argument.

But calling people iSheep does. 

/s

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

But calling people iSheep does. 

/s

It doesn't either, to be honest I hadn't gotten that far in the thread. Thank you for calling me out on that.

Keep things civil folks, resorting to ad-hominem attacks just makes people (and you) angry.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

You are basing your argument on the assumption FCP is equivalent to the Adobe combo. I could say I use Blender and pay 0$. The argument is flawed because they are not the same thing. That doesn't mean you can't get your work done with either of these tools, but don't act as if you were getting the same exact thing for less.

premiere with final cut can replace mediacomposer. neither premiere nor final cut can do it alone

4 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Microsoft never charge for an update?  Then I wonder why I paid money for a license of Windows 7 when I wanted to replace my Windows XP machines with Win 7?

Just because they created an API doesn't mean they are targeting gamers.  They API might be there just so developers who do want to reach out to the consumers who use Apple computers can be targeted when they develop games.

The base model of the new 15 inch MBP from Apple costs roughly $2400.  A Dell or HP workstation that's configured to have similar specs (CPU clock speed, amount of memory and storage, similar workstation type GPU) costs roughly $2400.

What's your point?

People know Apple does not necessarily put the fastest or latest hardware in their machines.

1) Its a known "bug" (the quotes are because Apple have flat out refused to acknowledge it as of yet meaning it might have been planned) that affects any Apple device running Sierra. The MacOS driver (Kext) doesn't recognise any TB3 device designed before 2016 meaning that any older TB3 device simply work work. The problem with the MBP is that if you try and install an older version of OSX to circumvent the issue it refuses to boot and gives the prohibited sign during POST. Considering TB is an Apple standard and pretty much only used by Macs the reasons behind it are baffling, the only logical explanation is timed obsolescence.

2) You should learn the difference between an upgrade and an update. Windows Updates have always been free and will always be free.

3) You do realise that your statement basically says "it doesn't mean they're targeting gamers, it might just be there in case they want to target gamers", right?

4) Don't compare the MBP to a workstation because it just isn't. Heck it would even qualify for the tag Prosumer. Its a laptop, nothing more.

4B) Funnily enough, for a similar price as the MBP you can get the Dell XPS 15 which comes with an I7 6700HQ (4C/8T), 32GB RAM, a 512GB NVMe SSD, a GTX960m 4GB and a 4K Display.

4C) Even looking at Workstation laptops, the Dell Precision 15 5510 comes with an Intel I5 6300HQ (4C/8T), 8GB Ram, 500GB HDD and a Quadro M1000M 2GB GPU. On top it comes with 2 USB3, 1 USB3.1 Type C, an SD card Reader, WiFi, Bluetooth and a TPM and its still cheaper than the MBP. Oh, and they also chuck in a USB Type C to Ethernet adapter, FOR FREE!

My point is very simple, Apple are con artists committing legal robbery every time they sell a machine. The mark up they put on things is so far off its genuinely laughable. When you can save 200% off the price of an "upgrade" simply by buying it yourself its time to start asking questions about the companies ethical standards. They practice planned obsolescence on an astronomical scale, in fact something you say is a positive is far from it. Their control over hardware and software means they can flat out not support something simply because they choose not to and its very anti consumer.

The fact people know someone does something has no bearing on whether said thing is the right thing, ethical or even legal.

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

My point is very simple, Apple are con artists committing legal robbery every time they sell a machine. The mark up they put on things is so far off its genuinely laughable. When you can save 200% off the price of an "upgrade" simply by buying it yourself its time to start asking questions about the companies ethical standards. They practice planned obsolescence on an astronomical scale, in fact something you say is a positive is far from it. Their control over hardware and software means they can flat out not support something simply because they choose not to and its very anti consumer.

What ever makes you sleep better at night...

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Funnily enough, for a similar price as the MBP you can get the Dell XPS 15 which comes with an I7 6700HQ (4C/8T), 32GB RAM, a 512GB NVMe SSD, a GTX960m 4GB and a 4K Display.

Is it capable of supporting 10-bit wide gamut displays?

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

The fact people know someone does something has no bearing on whether said thing is the right thing, ethical or even legal.

So aside from buying Apple hardware, how should anyone who prefers using OSX get access to OSX?

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Macs are bad at gaming and therefore they are shit. But seriously, the people who say that have their heads shoved so far up their own assholes they don't even know Trump is the president-elect.

This describes...

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

The Stealth will be much more powerful, have more connectivity, a longer battery life and play games way better than the MBP will.