$2k Budget for a New Rig

AndyKala
Go to solution Solved by Aytex,
9 minutes ago, AndyKala said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pVrWf8

Heres the final build, but I'm thinking on how to shave a couple of dollars. 

I still have to get the WiFi card lmao

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZJFx2R

Well thats what I got it to, in your build  the CPU cooler isn't priced :P 

If you wanted, we can save a few hundred dollers off by getting a i5 and a gtx 1070, or a xeon 

but then he cant run ultra and get 144hz+ with a 1070 

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

maybe u misunderstood me - i was talking about aesthetic purposes- people with that kind of money to spend obviously want a good looking build - and sli just fills up the space - it just looks better than 1 gpu

again I did not misunderstand you... aesthetics is not everything... I highly praise performance over aesthetics. and view aesthetics very last. Rather have a well performing computer than a pretty one imo... That is what happens to most peoples builds fyi, even budget, they choose really fancy hardware and pay a premium price for pure aesthetics. 

1 minute ago, AndyKala said:

So.. what about something like this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qtwjJV

I would look at a 24in screen really and that will allow you to get a bigger ssd

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

Just now, xephoneration said:

again I did not misunderstand you... aesthetics is not everything... I highly praise performance over aesthetics. and view aesthetics very last. Rather have a well performing computer than a pretty one imo... That is what happens to most peoples builds fyi, even budget, they choose really fancy hardware and pay a premium price for pure aesthetics. 

I would look at a 24in screen really and that will allow you to get a bigger ssd

Are there 24 in 144hz 1440p IPS monitors?

5 hours ago, AndyKala said:

go 27. 24 is small for 1440p

Just now, Aytex said:

Why go 24 inch on a 1440p display?

27 inch for a single monitor at 2560x1440 and 144hz is a great size :) 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. 

I was looking at @Aytex  build sorry about that! no... 27in for 1440p is perfect. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. 

Keep in mind the Asus MG279Q  Acer XF270HU Both have freesync so if you want to take advantage of that, wait for the new amd GPU's

Just now, Aytex said:

Keep in mind the Asus MG279Q  Acer XF270HU Both have freesync so if you want to take advantage of that, wait for the new amd GPU's

He doesn't need the build immediately, so I do think he should wait for the new AMD CPUs and GPUs.

He doesn't need the build immediately, so I do think he should wait for the new AMD CPUs and GPUs.

Also the panels are very similar and the only difference is  the acer one having a little more black light bleed very small 

Other than that, it should just come down to looks, which ever your friend prefer's

Go to Best Buy or Walmart or whatever and buy whatever keyboard and mouse he likes or thinks is catchy. Personally I hate $150 clacky old keyboards. The I5 from Newegg comes with the stock heat sink which is not a concern as this PC cannot be OC'd. Pick up a cheaper OS somewhere else and spend half the money. You can pick a normal ATX form factor and save more money, also.

From your kind of vague intended use of "gaming" I don't see a use in dropping for SLI or an I7.

And I might catch flack for my choice:

(Video card is $280 for a total of ~$1500)

CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $236.99   FREE   $236.99 ($1.10 more than OutletPC) Buy
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $113.99   $2.99   $116.98 ($3.99 more than SuperBiiz) Buy
Memory Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $72.99   FREE   $72.99   Buy
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $136.99   FREE   $136.99   Buy
  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99   FREE   $49.99 ($1.10 more than OutletPC) Buy
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ Video Card              
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case $69.99   $7.99   $77.98 ($22.99 more than SuperBiiz) Buy
Power Supply EVGA BQ 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $64.99   $3.99   $68.98   Buy
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99   FREE   $119.99   Buy
Monitor Asus VG248QE 24.0" 144Hz Monitor $259.99   FREE   $259.99 ($40.00 more than Best Buy) Buy
Total (9 / 10 Items): $1140.88

Just now, Aytex said:

Also the panels are very similar and the only difference is  the acer one having a little more black light bleed very small 

Other than that, it should just come down to looks, which ever your friend prefer's

He does care a lot about the looks, just like most PC builders lol.  So I was thinking to add some custom cables and LEDs maybe?

He does care a lot about the looks, just like most PC builders lol.  So I was thinking to add some custom cables and LEDs maybe?

Sure, if you want to customize it a bit more you can get cablemod extensions for the cheap.

the build you listed did not have a keyboard or a mouse?

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Sure, if you want to customize it a bit more you can get cablemod extensions for the cheap.

the build you listed did not have a keyboard or a mouse?

Edited by AndyKala
I forgot to add something

9 minutes ago, AndyKala said:

If you wanted, we can save a few hundred dollers off by getting a i5 and a gtx 1070, or a xeon 

but then he cant run ultra and get 144hz+ with a 1070 

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I think I can get him to spend the extra cash, thanks for the help!